Indepedent Action Pistol Shoot

There is usually one stage that has a lot of steel and two that might have a piece or two but with USPSA cardbord being the predominantly used target.

I think most shooters shoot USPSA power factors for the division(s) they shoot, but this is a club action pistol match and not a USPSA match.
I think there is minor/major check off box on the score sheet, I don't know if they score it like USPSA does.

Respectfully,
jkelly

HAVE YOU SHOT ONE OF THESE BEFORE ?
Yes, I've shot them on and off for years.
It's USPSA like shooting, maybe 25 or 30 rounds per stage so you might need an extra magazine. The stages are fun and the people age great. I'll be there so drop by and we can shoot on the same squad.

Respectfully,
jkelly

I'LL BE AT THE USPSA ON SUNDAY BUT I DID LOOK UP THAT CLUB AND IT LOOKED LIKE A GOOD TIME.SEEMED LIKE A FAIR AMOUNT OF STEEL TOO...LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WALLS OF STEEL AGAIN IN AUGUST

It was a great match today. Paul (as usual) did a great job. I finally found out what the correct cleaning interval is for my Glock 34. It's every 12 months if I want to avoid problems. It puked twice on me in a match today so I had to swap it out for my G17, I last cleaned it 13 months ago and only lubed it once during that time. It probably is time to clean it, but I can't help wondering if I just threw a few drops of oil on it maybe it will go another 4 or 5 months???

Since I don't have time to clean it I think I'll just lube it up and shoot it tomorrow in the New Bedford match to see how it works out.

-Cuz.

Looked like a lot of fun. On that first stage- did you have to move out the middle of each side before engaging?

You had to shoot from the boxes,
On stage 2, You were suppose to flip over a playing card, shoot all the steel except for the ones with the same suit as the card. I figured that would be complicated, so I just shot all the steel and took the procedurals.

Definitely don't bother cleaning it for tomorrow. [smile]

No problem. I already decided not to clean it, however I also decided not to shoot it. I'll be bringing the stock G17 tomorrow instead. We'll see how that works out.

-Cuz.

No problem. I already decided not to clean it, however I also decided not to shoot it. I'll be bringing the stock G17 tomorrow instead. We'll see how that works out.

-Cuz.

You'll be amazed at how quick the 17 comes out of the holster compared to the 34. I should shoot my 17 again too.

My upper torso is short, wide and thick, but short- so drawing the extra inch is noticable! LOL

Looks interesting.

Why can't I find ANY reviews of Independent on NES? I did use Search and came up with nothing in the Clubs and Ranges sub-forum.

Looks interesting.

Why can't I find ANY reviews of Independent on NES? I did use Search and came up with nothing in the Clubs and Ranges sub-forum.
I don't know of any other Independent members (other then me) who post on NES. A lot of the IDPA/USPSA shooters that post on NES have shot action pistol, action rifle, action shotgun, action .22 and/or black powder matchs there. I think some may have even shot Trap or Skeet.

I know it has gotten a few good reviews on NES, perhaps it's referred to as Foxboro or Foxborough in those posts. I know its Action committee is pretty well thought of.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Last edited:
I don't know of any other Independent members (other then me) who post on NES.

Respectfully,
jkelly

So, tell us something about the club and membership in a thread in the clubs section.

I dropped in at Independent just as Craig was driving out, it was probably close to 1PM . . . I had been shooting at MF&G in the AM.

I'm interested in the club and got a full run-down on 5-stage, but nobody with good knowledge of the pistol/rifle ranges was still around when we sauntered down to where they were.

So I came back and did a search here and find nothing about the club/membership. Others may similarly be interested if they knew more about the place. Their web calender shows that they have a ton of activities.

So, tell us something about the club and membership in a thread in the clubs section.
I'm not really interested in doing an Independent thread in the clubs section. But I'd be happy to tell you what I know about the action shoots the next time we meet. Perhaps at Mansfield this Wednesday evening?

Respectfully,
jkelly

I'm not really interested in doing an Independent thread in the clubs section. But I'd be happy to tell you what I know about the action shoots the next time we meet. Perhaps at Mansfield this Wednesday evening?

Respectfully,
jkelly

I am interested in talking with you about Independent.

However, I won't be attending MF&G meetings over the next few months.

So we'll have to run into each other on the range. I'm expecting to get over to MF&G tomorrow, as I have some work a few miles away and thus a good excuse to skip over to throw some lead downrange.

Nice Mike, so that's what you shoot like when your ammo isn't nose diving.[smile]
Respectfully,
jkelly

Ouch! It would have been interesting to overlay those videos of Mike along side his performance at the mini walls of steel match last month with a 1911 instead of his Glock...

Sorry Mike, it was too easy to resist...

I wish my Glock had performed as well.

-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom