• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Incoming!! Newbie alert!!!

Welcome. @VetteGirlMA will teach you the secret NES vette owner wave. Jeep owners have their own. Don’t get them mixed up

Some of us know the secret Jeep wave, the secret Vette wave, the secret Viper wave, the secret motorcycle wave and even the standing on a street corner and go into a crazy cat lady arm flailing wave and of course the wave the gat around in the air sweeping targets wave.

Some of us know the secret Jeep wave, the secret Vette wave, the secret Viper wave, the secret motorcycle wave and even the standing on a street corner and go into a crazy cat lady arm flailing wave and of course the wave the gat around in the air sweeping targets wave.

With all these "waves" you should be in the Navy. ;)

My dearest, darling, VetteGirlMA,

Now that I have your attention...

You have have ANY tattoo you want!

Awww heck, just gotta do it.

Welcome! NES is an amazing wealth of information and entertainment. Mostly entertaining.
If you figure out what the handshake is, share. I've tried a few and I just get funny looks.
People in MA dont wave! Or look strangers in the eye. Or respond to a hello. Nods and grunts are telltale signs of a fellow gun carrying member.

Thank you Jasons- happy to be here. Learning so much.

I am in Western Massachusetts- newbie to MA LTC- been going to indoor ranges while in the LTC process- happy to say- I had it back in under 4 weeks. For outdoor ranges I am looking at the Springfield Sportsman's Club- the waitlist is opening later this month for membership.

Chicopee Sportsmans Club has a nice facility and good people. They typicaly keep the gate open Sunday mornings for new comers to check the place out and sign up at the clubhouse. Chicopeesportsmensclub.com

Welcome to NES!

It’s official- you have another new member. I have a couple of very important questions:
1) Who will teach me the secret handshake?
2) Do we have a wave when we drive by one another( like corvette drivers do)?
This is the wave we give to suspected trolls from the Mass AG's office:

Hi, Marsha![wave]

Do I get an anchor tattoo and another one that says 'Mother'?
Holding out for the embossed leather wallet.

Last edited:
Why? Seriously, why would you move here from Fla? That is prima facie evidence of some sort of mental impairment, which means…you’ll fit right in! Welcome to the club!

F#¢¥ Florida. It sucks 362 days of the year. It's hot, so damn humid , the bugs are the size of VWs, waking up to a snake or better yet, an alligator in your pool is always fun, hurricanes suck, is flat which means it's ugly, OMG the humidity yes I'm going to mention the humidity again, the dirt feels like it's coated in oil so it's hard as hell to clean off, and the tourists. There's more, but I think I've covered the high points. Two states I will never move to, California and Florida.

Sorry for thread jacking, but I hate Florida!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum Doris, good luck.

Last edited:
F#¢¥ Florida. It sucks 362 days of the year. It's hot, so damn humid , the bugs are the size of VWs, waking up to a snake or better yet, an alligator in your pool is always fun, hurricanes suck, is flat which means it's ugly, OMG the humidity yes I'm going to mention the humidity again, the dirt feels like it's coated in oil so it's hard as hell to clean off, and the tourists. There's more, but I think I've covered the high points. Two states I will never move to, California and Florida.

Well said- I would only add low wages and yes the humidity. Nothing like stepping out of the house at 7am in Summer gasping for air. Ahhh good times.

Well said- I would only add low wages and yes the humidity. Nothing like stepping out of the house at 7am in Summer gasping for air. Ahhh good times.

When I was younger (MUCH younger) in the 70's, I used to go to Florida regularly on military business. Always felt that it was a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

This is the wave we give to suspected trolls from the Mass AG's office:

Hi, Marsha![wave]

Holding out for the embossed leather wallet.

The NES Sekrit Handshake is well-documented in the forums.

The trouble arrived when I tried it on @Len-2A Training at a Framingham Get ToGether,
and he mistook it for the one he gives @dwarven1 on the sly.

I want a titanium wallet so I can be cool and take my wallet for long rides in the country and photographic poses on mountaintops like other titanium wallet people here on NES.

Welcome Newbie.
So Florida to Mass eh? I am gonna guess travcore nurse?

My wife is a nurse and says lots of traveling nurses coming to Massachusetts for the wages.

Back
Top Bottom