• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In the doghouse/ Christmas ruined/ AR build

Wow, great thread. And how times have changed. Was thinking about red flag laws while reading and then remembered they weren't a thing at the time.

So are you off the dry dock yet, @76Too ?

I got laid once or twice since my previous post (in 2016), but the chick is in residency now and i barely see her when she’s awake/I’m sober enough to stand...so it’s a rare occurrence, for sure.

still thinking about trading her in for a newer model though.

I got laid once or twice since my previous post (in 2016), but the chick is in residency now and i barely see her when she’s awake/I’m sober enough to stand...so it’s a rare occurrence, for sure.

still thinking about trading her in for a newer model though.

But think of all those sweet sweet transferables you could buy with MD money from your MD honey?

A little back story...My wife is indifferent about guns, although lately she has shown some interest in giving it a try, and with ZERO pressure from myself. Her father on the other hand in very against guns. He sort of understands keeping one for home protection but only in the worst of neighborhoods. He doesn't understand carrying. Doesn't understand why you need more than one gun, etc. After Sandy Hook we got into a discussion where he learned that I have guns, and our relationship hasn't been the same. Up until then we got along based on a mutual interest for music and other things.

So today, I'm working on a new build with everything spread out on the coffee table. My wife texted me that he was coming by to drop off a pan, only I didn't have my phone by me. So, he knocks at the door and I let him in. He sees the table of parts....

him- "ummmm, what's going on here?"
me- "I'm building a rifle"
him- "looks more like a machine gun"
me- "no"
him- "is this legal?"
me- "ahhhh, yes"

this line of q&a goes on or a while. Then this happens.

him- "so if I call the cops right now, they're not going to have a problem with this?"
me- "first, I won't let them through the ****ing door. Second, if you call the cops on me for doing nothing wrong in my own home, this is the last time you step foot in this house".

*yelling and screaming on his part, more q&a, nothing calm or rational*

him- "well I don't feel comfortable with this being in the house that my daughter lives in"

*here's where I hit below the belt...*

me- "well maybe if you were in her life while growing up, then I'd give a **** what you think.

He storms out. About 20 minutes ago I get a call from my wife. Apparently I ruined Christmas and "intimidated" her dad. Ho ho ho! So how was your morning?
Dude, f*** coal, Santa is bringing u a Red Flag!!!😂😂. Good for you for laying the smack down on him! I had to do this with my father in law awhile back, gunz didn’t have anything to do with it thank god. And don’t even get me started on my Mother in law😂. Hopefully the wife is behind 100% and tells her father to pound sand. It would suck if you are outnumbered. Good luck and try and PM me for some transfers before Team America kicks in your door.😂😂. Merry Christmas!

First of all - no one should come into your house and tell you how to live, what you keep in it, etc. Dude was a dick for doing so and that's the bottom line. Far as I'm concerned you didn't do anything wrong and if Christmas is ruined - it's not you who ruined it.
Liberals tell ppl what to do in thier own homes...and they ruin Xmas.

Dude, f*** coal, Santa is bringing u a Red Flag!!!😂😂. Good for you for laying the smack down on him! I had to do this with my father in law awhile back, gunz didn’t have anything to do with it thank god. And don’t even get me started on my Mother in law😂. Hopefully the wife is behind 100% and tells her father to pound sand. It would suck if you are outnumbered. Good luck and try and PM me for some transfers before Team America kicks in your door.😂😂. Merry Christmas!

Someone fell into the necropost trap? :D

LOL I almost did.

Holy necrothread.

I had to go back and read the OP - and the freaky thing is: I actually remembered this thread. And here I was thinking I was getting old and forgetful.

Better than what I did.. I only realized it when I read my own comment and was like wtf...

A little back story...My wife is indifferent about guns, although lately she has shown some interest in giving it a try, and with ZERO pressure from myself. Her father on the other hand in very against guns. He sort of understands keeping one for home protection but only in the worst of neighborhoods. He doesn't understand carrying. Doesn't understand why you need more than one gun, etc. After Sandy Hook we got into a discussion where he learned that I have guns, and our relationship hasn't been the same. Up until then we got along based on a mutual interest for music and other things.

So today, I'm working on a new build with everything spread out on the coffee table. My wife texted me that he was coming by to drop off a pan, only I didn't have my phone by me. So, he knocks at the door and I let him in. He sees the table of parts....

him- "ummmm, what's going on here?"
me- "I'm building a rifle"
him- "looks more like a machine gun"
me- "no"
him- "is this legal?"
me- "ahhhh, yes"

this line of q&a goes on or a while. Then this happens.

him- "so if I call the cops right now, they're not going to have a problem with this?"
me- "first, I won't let them through the ****ing door. Second, if you call the cops on me for doing nothing wrong in my own home, this is the last time you step foot in this house".

*yelling and screaming on his part, more q&a, nothing calm or rational*

him- "well I don't feel comfortable with this being in the house that my daughter lives in"

*here's where I hit below the belt...*

me- "well maybe if you were in her life while growing up, then I'd give a **** what you think.

He storms out. About 20 minutes ago I get a call from my wife. Apparently I ruined Christmas and "intimidated" her dad. Ho ho ho! So how was your morning?
better off. i dumped my side of the family [ they dumped us first] for the same rabid libtard, ant-gun, TDS crap. my wife's side is ok mostly conservative veterans, party animals and the ones that are lefties keep it to themselves. it's a liberals way of causing trouble over issues then twisting it around so it is your fault.

Last edited:
Now, to over analyze this encounter, as I am sometimes prone to do... You are home, having some self time, the FIL feels compelled to return a pan, (what MAN, returns a PAN?) ...
Just bounced this thread off of The Bride, mentioning the above rhetorical question.

**** yeah! I remember this one.

So, my gf is a southern Democrat...liberal progressive...can't understand how I voted for Gary Johnson and probably considers me and other libertarians to be the reason ****y didn't get elected. She had a ****ing fit last night when my roommate (also libertarian) and I were having a conversation about the new source of endless entertainment of watching videos of liberals cry and threaten to kill themselves (their selves?). She's in medicine and tried to convince me to be more compassionate and that there are REALLY important reasons why Donald Trump can't be president and blah blah blah. So I'd finally had enough, and I blew up and told her that anyone that voted for the hag should be hanged for treason! Oh man, I don't think I've ever made her cry like that...so I did what any guy would do...grabbed my bottle of makers mark and took a giant mouthful of bourbon, took 3 beers and went to my workshop in the basement.

I don't expect to be getting pussy anytime soon, but that's probably why my arms are long enough to reach my Oscar Meyer.

Time to trade her in for a new one, I think.

Not for nothing - but you made her cry for the wrong reason.

Way back when that Obamacare thing was about to go in - and they were holding those health care town halls - I went to the local one. There was literally hundreds of people there , and getting inside was just impossible. I ended up outside talking with an Indian (India) guy, some dipshit college student - and a hippie chick. The Indian guy was pretty based and was arguing against the whole thing - which I found pretty interesting. We ended up talking about how Social Security was going to go bankrupt - and both the Indian guy and myself were arguing that the whole system needed to be reformed - and I went one step further and argued that the Social Security system should probably be dismantled since some people benefitted massively - and others got totally screwed.

So college puke argued " I have a relative who is a 95 year old woman - without Social Security - she would have nothing".

I responded with " So you're 95 year old friend has been living on the government dole for 30 YEARS. Even if she started working at age 18 and worked all the way thru until age 65, that means that she worked for 47 years - and has now been drawing from the system for 30 years - there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that she paid enough money into that system to support herself for 30 years. No way. "

He started arguing that somebody has to pay for people like that.

I said: " Yes - and I know who they are. I have a friend who has had every male member of his family for a few generations - die when they are in their late 50's. His father died when we were in college. He pretty much expects to die before he is 60 years old. That is BEFORE HE CAN EVEN RETIRE BASED ON THE RULES OF THIS SYTEM. So that means he's going to literally work until the day he dies - just so your friend can live large on the system for 30 years. Your friend is totally SCREWING my friend. If the system didn't force people to put money into Social Security - then my friend would have taken that money and put it into a private retirement fund - so that maybe he could retire at age 50 or 55 - and enjoy the last few years of his life. Sure - maybe YOUR FRIEND might have to work longer - but she has already won the lottery of life by living to age 95 - your friend is totally SCREWING my friend - and is living large on other people's money"

Here's the thing : the college shitbag didn't care about this argument.

But the hippie chick did. She actually started to cry. She was like " I never really thought about this before". I looked at her and said - " and you see how this guy right here doesn't even care? - that's why so many people hate this system - they KNOW that is there to screw them over - and they KNOW there's a bunch of people out there like him that really don't care about them".

That's how I think you should make people cry. Women especially - they respond to emotion - so you need to find that a way to make they cry when talking about shit like this.

Making her cry because she thinks YOU are an uncaring a-hole is the wrong angle to look for - you want to make her cry because you make it clear that SHE is uncaring a-hole.

'

So, Christmas Eve I was able to talk to my FIL. He started the conversation, apologizing without really apologizing. We had a pretty good civil exchange and I feel that I made a little headway with him. Christmas went well. Got a firm handshake and a pat on the back. Good enough, moving on. Still waiting for the barrel to come back and a couple random parts for the build. Thanks NES for what turned out being a pretty funny thread. Where's the psychotherapy forum? [rofl]

We put the psycho in psychotherapy

Last edited:
Not for nothing - but you made her cry for the wrong reason.

Way back when that Obamacare thing was about to go in - and they were holding those health care town halls - I went to the local one. There was literally hundreds of people there , and getting inside was just impossible. I ended up outside talking with an Indian (India) guy, some dipshit college student - and a hippie chick. The Indian guy was pretty based and was arguing against the whole thing - which I found pretty interesting. We ended up talking about how Social Security was going to go bankrupt - and both the Indian guy and myself were arguing that the whole system needed to be reformed - and I went one step further and argued that the Social Security system should probably be dismantled since some people benefitted massively - and others got totally screwed.

So college puke argued " I have a relative who is a 95 year old woman - without Social Security - she would have nothing".

I responded with " So you're 95 year old friend has been living on the government dole for 30 YEARS. Even if she started working at age 18 and worked all the way thru until age 65, that means that she worked for 47 years - and has now been drawing from the system for 30 years - there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that she paid enough money into that system to support herself for 30 years. No way. "

He started arguing that somebody has to pay for people like that.

I said: " Yes - and I know who they are. I have a friend who has had every male member of his family for a few generations - die when they are in their late 50's. His father died when we were in college. He pretty much expects to die before he is 60 years old. That is BEFORE HE CAN EVEN RETIRE BASED ON THE RULES OF THIS SYTEM. So that means he's going to literally work until the day he dies - just so your friend can live large on the system for 30 years. Your friend is totally SCREWING my friend. If the system didn't force people to put money into Social Security - then my friend would have taken that money and put it into a private retirement fund - so that maybe he could retire at age 50 or 55 - and enjoy the last few years of his life. Sure - maybe YOUR FRIEND might have to work longer - but she has already won the lottery of life by living to age 95 - your friend is totally SCREWING my friend - and is living large on other people's money"

Here's the thing : the college shitbag didn't care about this argument.

But the hippie chick did. She actually started to cry. She was like " I never really thought about this before". I looked at her and said - " and you see how this guy right here doesn't even care? - that's why so many people hate this system - they KNOW that is there to screw them over - and they KNOW there's a bunch of people out there like him that really don't care about them".

That's how I think you should make people cry. Women especially - they respond to emotion - so you need to find that a way to make they cry when talking about shit like this.

Making her cry because she thinks YOU are an uncaring a-hole is the wrong angle to look for - you want to make her cry because you make it clear that SHE is uncaring a-hole.

'

solid post sir...I’m not very smart or good at arguing my point about anything. I can shoot ok and I’ve managed to keep a job...that might be about it.

NES is a special place where if you create a thread that is not wholly original you get the cries of "dupe! This thread best thread <link>". If you instead reply to an old post to avoid a duplicate thread on the subject "necro thread, ohh emm gee, reee!".

Much like a zoo, don't feed the animals ;)

I can't
**** yeah! I remember this one.

So, my gf is a southern Democrat...liberal progressive...can't understand how I voted for Gary Johnson and probably considers me and other libertarians to be the reason ****y didn't get elected. She had a ****ing fit last night when my roommate (also libertarian) and I were having a conversation about the new source of endless entertainment of watching videos of liberals cry and threaten to kill themselves (their selves?). She's in medicine and tried to convince me to be more compassionate and that there are REALLY important reasons why Donald Trump can't be president and blah blah blah. So I'd finally had enough, and I blew up and told her that anyone that voted for the hag should be hanged for treason! Oh man, I don't think I've ever made her cry like that...so I did what any guy would do...grabbed my bottle of makers mark and took a giant mouthful of bourbon, took 3 beers and went to my workshop in the basement.

I don't expect to be getting pussy anytime soon, but that's probably why my arms are long enough to reach my Oscar Meyer.

Time to trade her in for a new one, I think.
I also don't understand why you voted for Gary.

Are you still together with that girl?

I can't

I also don't understand why you voted for Gary.

Are you still together with that girl?

because he wasn’t Hillary and I didn’t trust the honorable mr trump at the time. I changed my tune after serving under him as my commander in chief for 3 years.

Now, I would literally walk into the fires of hell for that man...even though he’s just a man.

This might happen sooner than I had originally anticipated, and never in a million years would I have imagined we could possibly be in the situation so soon after completing my full contract (and discharged under honorable conditions).

2016 I was still looking for answers...2020 everything is crystal clear, and the task before us scares the living shit out of me.

and to answer your other question, yes...I moved to Indiana with the same girl last year. Things aren’t exactly stellar, but mostly because COVID came on the scene and I still barely have any friends. She works a ton, and all I really have is work, chores around the house and gun stuff. We love each other, but we have zero common ground on societal issues. I keep hoping she’ll see the light when things start to get really bad. The grandmother that raised her lived through the Holocaust in France at the border with Belgium, and I can’t even fathom how she (my fiancée) fails to see the signs in front of us today. Health care workers by and large are true globalists and she definitely fits the stereotype.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom