• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In State Tuition For Illegals Rearing It's Ugly Head AGAIN

JonJ

NES Member
The General Court will be debating this crap again today. Call your reps
l7rexcl.gif

MrsWildweasel said:
Romney has said he will veto it.

Doesn't matter. The resolution happens here and now. We need right number of votes against this to stop an override of the veto.

Called my reps office (it's House bill 1230) and got a call back from her assistant. I made DARN sure he knew I was against anything that gave illegal aliens ANYTHING - period.

On a good note - he said she was not for the bill in it's current formm however, if it was amended, she might vote for it, which lead me to again repeat what I told him above.

For those in my area and her district - that's Harriett Stanley.

I'm fortunate to be in Daniel Webster's district - I called his office and said "I just wanted to make sure he's on the right side of this issue" and he young man laughed. Of course he is [lol] For some reason I'm in a little Republican enclave down here in Hanson/Duxbury (whoda thunk Deluxbury was Republican - but then again, old money frequently is).

I used to watch Dan walk up and down the street to the local candy store. I live between his house and his mother's :D

Funny! This bill is actually debating weather or not to violate a FEDERAL F**KING LAW of aiding or abetting CRIMINALS!

So they get in state tuition, then they get driver's licenses and then they demand the right to vote. What Lib wouldn't support this one way or another.

JonJ said:
So they get in state tuition, then they get driver's licenses and then they demand the right to vote. What Lib wouldn't support this one way or another.

This is one reason why the Liberals consistantly get 113% of the inner city vote. [shock]

Adam_MA said:
Wait just a minute there...

113%??

That would mean that they are not dishonest.

Could it be?

Adam, you're a smart man I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. [wink]

Bill defeated:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/01/12/immigrant_tuition_bill_defeated/
"The 96-to-57 tally surprised advocates of the bill, who believed they had enough votes to win approval in the House and at one point were predicting they may have enough support to override a certain veto from Governor Mitt Romney."

Some learn:
"Representative Marie Parente, a Milford Democrat, said immigrants who are here illegally should not be given advantages over residents who struggle as she did when she was a child."

others don't:
"Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition, expressed disappointment yesterday. But he said the bill would be back next year.

''We thought we had the votes," said Noorani. ''But in recent days it became clear that the politics of fear pushed legislators to the point where they couldn't support this." "

We need to get the roll call Vote posted in here. There were 57 libtards that voted for this POS bill.

Well, they'll be back next year.

Lesson learned, it doesn't take much to scare these cowards into representing the people who put them there in the first place.

Only a few phone calls.

Thanks to everyone who called, even if your rep was not against this. The good guys need to hear some support once in a while. The bad guys need a stern reminder of who they represent.

Democracy in action. All it cost was a few phone calls. Don't be afraid to give your name, town and phone number. Don't be afraid to make the call. Very liberating.

If this crazy bill had passed, what would it have cost you? A lot more than a few phone calls.

Thank you. :D

Skald said:
Well, here is a link showing the people who petioned for it. I did a quick count and it has 54 names on it.

Petioners of House Bill 1230

Go fig that Barrios was one of the cheif sponsor.

Thanks for the link skald. Three more people that didn't sponser it voted for it. I can't wait for the roll call to be posted.

derek said:
We need to get the roll call Vote posted in here. There were 57 libtards that voted for this POS bill.

I think John Depetro said he was going to have it posted on his section of WRKO's website.

BTW - there were two other votes on amendments after that first vote. The other two were closer than this first one. *I* want to know who voted for the amendments cuz there were more than 57 on the other two votes.

Remember guys....the proponents said they'd be back next year. THIS year is an election year and people called to voice their objections. Next year will be different.

I'm pleased that this was defeated, but what does it have to do with any gun legislation ? In that arena it is still status quo and His Excellency, the Governor, isn't about veto any gun control legislation. Nothing is on the horizion right now, thank goodness.

Sorry if I pissed on some of your Cheerios good people, but it only shows that the good people of the Commonwealth have displayed some common sense on this issue and this issue alone.

Mark

mark056 said:
Sorry if I pissed on some of your Cheerios good people, but it only shows that the good people of the Commonwealth have displayed some common sense on this issue and this issue alone.

Mark

And it was only this issue that this thread was discussing.

Back
Top Bottom