• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In Shock

my best friend and gunsmith that I was driving 500 miles a week for cancer treatment, suddenly passed away. His brother came to town to settle estate, called me over. My friend left me a National Match Garand type 2 that was glass bedded and never fired. A true safe queen and a note from him saying to enjoy. Also left me Remington 700 223 bull barrel and a High Standard Trophy Citation 22. Would rather have my friend back, very humbled that he would remember me like that.

I am sorry for your loss. May God watch over his soul for all time to come. May you find comfort in having had a friend who thought so much of you.

Pass it on

Sorry to hear, and for your loss.

But, me, I'd shoot a full clip out of that Garand every anniversary of his passing.
Maybe with head-stamped ammo from the year of his birth.

They can still hear the "Ping" in Heaven...

my best friend and gunsmith that I was driving 500 miles a week for cancer treatment, suddenly passed away. His brother came to town to settle estate, called me over. My friend left me a National Match Garand type 2 that was glass bedded and never fired. A true safe queen and a note from him saying to enjoy. Also left me Remington 700 223 bull barrel and a High Standard Trophy Citation 22. Would rather have my friend back, very humbled that he would remember me like that.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer is a bitch. [angry]

It is pretty cool though, that you have great things to remember him by- every time you run those guns, it's an incredible tribute to his life and work.

-Mike

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Thoughtful of him to leave you such things. I like enbloc's idea...

Not a lot of people would have been there for their friends going through treatment in the same manner. I'm glad he's no longer in pain but it's a hard thing to lose a life to a horrible disease like Cancer. Sounds like you're both special; think of him whenever you enjoy the gun because he wanted you to have fun with it. Life is too short otherwise.

Heard a passage last week that fits this:

A person dies three times
-When their body no longer functions
-When their body is lowered into the ground
-The last time their name is spoken

Reflect and honor your friends name. Sorry for you loss.

Back
Top Bottom