• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In need of assistance identifying

Hello fellow members. Please forgive me if this is not the correct area for this type of post.
I just inherited several firearms and related war era (believed to be) items and I am very new to these types of items. I was hoping to find some assistance in identifying what I have if I were to post photos. Thank you for any anticipated assistance.

Hello fellow members. Please forgive me if this is not the correct area for this type of post.
I just inherited several firearms and related war era (believed to be) items and I am very new to these types of items. I was hoping to find some assistance in identifying what I have if I were to post photos. Thank you for any anticipated assistance.
let me be the first
[pics]

Sorry about that. Here are a couple quick photos. If there are specific places I need to look for identifying markings please let me know and I can photograph those.

Attachments

• 17BBD5F6-4781-4E66-AFE5-81BB38B6DCE0.jpeg
    17BBD5F6-4781-4E66-AFE5-81BB38B6DCE0.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 19
  • C0D41DB9-E60C-4139-ADFB-D9F8EE2B73C2.jpeg
    C0D41DB9-E60C-4139-ADFB-D9F8EE2B73C2.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 19
nice little find ,
A type 99 , a mauser of some sort and the bayonets, the nazi dagger looks interesting. Looks like a GI poker game bring back collection.
Do you have history of the original owner?

The condition hurts the value a good bit. The german dagger is missing the "chain" and lets hope the blade was not butchered.

Im not into bayonets but the others French? Italian

The other rifle is a GEW 98

in sure they will clean up nice enough...

Last edited:
A last ditch type 99 Jap rifle, German Ger.98 rifle,but I don't know about the crest,and last one double barrel percussion shotgun.Look around you might find some markings,and the makers names. Two French Lebel bayonets,ans a Nazi SA brown shirts dagger.

Oh awesome thanks a lot guys I really appreciate the quick responses. Here’s a photo of the blade on the dagger. 9EAFAF81-E42F-4F08-BFEE-9AEF1A97E6BD.jpeg

A last ditch type 99 Jap rifle, German Ger.98 rifle,but I don't know about the crest,and last one double barrel percussion shotgun.Look around you might find some markings,and the makers names. Two French Lebel bayonets,ans a Nazi SA brown shirts dagger.

From what I see you're exactly right...beat me to it. That Gew 98 buttstock crest has me stumped, never seen that before....though I don't claim to be anywhere near an expert on German militaria.

Back
Top Bottom