• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IN-EPD: Monday shooting stemmed from argument over grilling food

mikeyp

NES Member
Well, don't ask for your steak to be cooked well done

EPD: Monday shooting stemmed from argument over grilling food

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — A man arrested in connection with a shooting on Evansville's east side faces new charges of attempted murder, battery with a deadly weapon, and battery with serious bodily injury, according to police.

The Evansville Police Department said officers learned the incident began when 37-year-old Willie Pickett criticized the victim, Donald Burkett, about the way he was grilling food.

After an argument, police said Pickett left and returned with a gun and shot Burkett.

The shooting happened on Monday near Eden Place Apartments.

Police said Burkett was shot in the chest.

Pickett was found in a nearby apartment, police said.

Burkett was injured but he's expected to survive.

Reminds me of the great Detroit Kool-Aid shootout. Sometimes a man just has to stand up for what he believes in.

If you cooked my steak well done I would shoot you too. I say justified.
Years ago, when my NH grandkids were younger they went to a BBQ. I ask them what they had. They said that they had hamburgers. I asked how were they were and they said not too good because the meat was "grey". Jack.

I think they're already trying to do that......and meat too........something about global warming

295l3ubewif21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom