• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In-ear hearing protection recommendations?

If you are in MA, this is what I use: EAR SAFETY SYSTEMS

They can be fitted with electronics as well (which I may do because these things work a little too well for me).
+1 for this.
I have these from the local dealer. Perfect fit. Great for outdoors or indoors. But I do use muffs with them at the indoor range because some shooters come in with hand cannons.

+1 for this.
I have these from the local dealer. Perfect fit. Great for outdoors or indoors. But I do use muffs with them at the indoor range because some shooters come in with hand cannons.

Only problem I have indoors is when someone is shooting an open gun, otherwise these do it for me. Rifles are another story, but my range doesn't allow them indoors.

Only problem I have indoors is when someone is shooting an open gun, otherwise these do it for me. Rifles are another story, but my range doesn't allow them indoors.
Ditto. Only .22 rifles or other pistol caliber are allowed.
Was shooting next to a guy with a scoped S&W 456 caliber pistol that he uses for deer hunting. That thing was effing loud.

I wore my Decibullz yesterday for the first time at Monster Jam. It's not shooting indoors, but they def fit and worked pretty well. Now to get to a range...

Word of warning about Decibullz. If you have large ear canals they don't work due to the rubber & foam tips not being capable of getting a tight seal. If standard foam and silicone ear plugs don't work for you, then Decibullz won't.

I snagged a pair of the Axil Bluetooth in ears when they were a kickstarter...waited almost a year for them, but they are very comfortable and work really well. YMMV

**EDIT** I will say the BT audio is not great...a bit tinny for my taste, but the sound protection has been quite good.

I have these as well, they are excellent for use outside - but going to the indoor range, I have found that the Howard Leight Impact Pros are req'd

Have you guys talked with your insurance company? I have Blue Cross and they just paid for a set of in ear electronic protection/hearing aids. The audiologist did find some bands where I had some hearing loss.

I have a pair that were done at Mass eye and ear and they work well for indoor shooting.
Hi, do you mind sharing what Mass Eye and Ear charged for the molds? I’m going to them tomorrow to get my ears cast (shooting and headphone sets). The place that’s making them said about $40/mold.

Hi, do you mind sharing what Mass Eye and Ear charged for the molds? I’m going to them tomorrow to get my ears cast (shooting and headphone sets). The place that’s making them said about $40/mold.

I paid a total of 136 for the custom molds I had done. They called me two weeks later to pick them up.

I hunted over 60 days last year. A lot of it was with suppressed rifles but not always. I'm not putting one of those stupid shotty silencers on my duck gun. I had never spent more than a good pair of Peltor ears in my life for hearing protection. I do a lot of pheasant, duck and goose hunting, I may fire 20 to 30 times a day sometimes and then there are the shots from my partners guns. It takes a toll and my hearing was starting to suffer. I can wear these all day and I forget they are in. Between punk rock, guns and farm equipment I have lost all of the hearing I can afford to lose.
I feel very disappointed to read your post. You could have used hearing protection then you never suffer from the hearing issues. I suggest that every hunter to use a custom hearing protection if they want to protect the noise-induced hearing loss. If we lost our hearing then we will be worthless in the world. We cannot do anything properly and people will try to ignore us as well.
We need to use a custom electronic hearing protection, if we use it then we can save us from any noise-induced hearing loss. I found few websites that provide hearing protection for the hunters. I want to share so that you can look at them and get more information.
Firearms Safety | Hunting | Shooting | Best Shooting Ear Protection

https://proears.com

I just had a pair of these fitted a couple weeks ago but still haven't received them from Steve yet. I suspect he's been busy - no biggie. Can't wait to try em out.

How long did it take you to get yours? Hopefully less than the ~5.5 weeks it took me to get mine.

Find an Audiologist in your area and have a custom set made. Best $100 I've ever spent. Fit perfect, can wear them all day long. My backups are a Sure Fire set, but I can't keep those in for more than a couple hours tops.

I had a second custom set with the musician filters and those work great too. My favorite on the motorcycle. All the sounds are there, just quieter. Only 25bd on the filters and like 31 on the solid customs.

I use two best shooting earplugs and bought them from Big Ear Inc. It provides best electronic earplugs for versatile shooters.

Yahh! I am also like this. Have you any Decibullz, pic please.

I have Decibullz that I originally purchased for indoor range shooting and they work well. I did have to form them twice to get a good seal. I primarily use them in my wood shop now because they’re as effective but more comfortable than the over-ear style I was using before.

Back
Top Bottom