• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In a bit of a bind... Need Safety Class before August 21?

So, my LTC expires on Aug 21.

I'm renewing in Watertown. Even though I have full ALP, going on 7 years now, (Framingham and Scituate) I know I'll get restricted. I can live with it for a year or two until real estate bounces back and I can get out..

The problem is, in order to submit my application, I've got to take a recent safety class. I didn't think they could do this for renewals, but apparently they do.

So I'm in a bind. I need to find a safety class before 8/21, so I can submit this, so I get the automatic extension under the law.

Goals's next class is a week too late. My club, MRA, is filled up for some time. I looked at the GOAL referral list, and I've put out some voicemails/emails to various people. (and a bunch of the phone numbers on the goal referral list are bad, they need to update that!)

Anybody know who might be having a class between now and Aug 21?

Try sending a PM to Lynne for your unnecessary class. Since you're going to get a neutered permit anyway, I'd just print out the law and highlight the part about not having to take the class a second time and give it to the officer with your application. What can they do; give you a sporting and target license?

Hey, who knows - if they deny you, you could become MA's "Heller"!

What can they do; give you a sporting and target license?
The can deny him, at which time the choices are waiting for a district court hearing either on a pro-se basis, or with a $250 hour attorney.

If you want to make a point about gun rights, can wait a few months extra for your renwal, and can afford it, walk the moral high ground write the letter. If you can't afford to take the moral high ground, take the course.

Back
Top Bottom