Improper storage charge....in a car?

But do you have any cite that establishes those are Zoobows? I really want a Zoobow, not some cheap imitation.

I would bet serious money that, if we could find the idiot that coded MGL, that is the device that they were actually referring to, they just didn't know how to spell it
properly... it sounds very close to "Zoobow", and given the ninja-weapon-hating theme of MGL, it certainly fits.

-Mike

Serious.
Money.

Can't explain how happy I am to finally have the zoobow mystery revealed. If this was posted previously, I definitely missed it.
Thanks Mike.

Now I'm glad I slogged through the utter nonsense of the rest of this thread.

and given the ninja-weapon-hating theme of MGL, it certainly fits.
Ah, MGL 269s10. A section so badly written that a literal reading thereof makes it a felony to have a hand at the end of your arm.
"... metallic knuckles or knuckles of any substance which could be put to the same use with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles ..."​
Yes, you makes a fist, you do a felony.

If you have to ask, you'll never know. About zoobows, at least.
The problem is that I instinctively want one, but can't begin shopping until I know what I am looking for.

Are you sure it's not a reference to this?

SanDiegoFront.jpg

One could make a case for regulating it as a weapon.

DrGrant should not reject this alternative out of hand.
The Rainbow Brite franchise can be quite the multimedia experience.

Ah, MGL 269s10. A section so badly written that a literal reading thereof makes it a felony to have a hand at the end of your arm.
"... metallic knuckles or knuckles of any substance which could be put to the same use with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles ..."​
Yes, you makes a fist, you do a felony.

4647231803_c8e9da6abf.jpg

She is CLEARLY, NOT GUILTY!

The fact this debate exists only shows how ridiculous laws requiring you keep firearms in a specific manner while in a car are. Legal to own guns? Yes. In fact USE them in an unlawful manner? No. Then you are fine. It should be that simple.

The fact this debate exists only shows how ridiculous laws requiring you keep firearms in a specific manner while in a car are. Legal to own guns? Yes. In fact USE them in an unlawful manner? No. Then you are fine. It should be that simple.

About the only "gun control" I think is at all reasonable would be better phrased as a general rule: don't leave dangerous stuff available to passersby without taking reasonable steps to secure it."

By that I mean, don't leave a pistol on the dashboard of you unlocked car when you run into Dunkin's. Don't lean you shotgun against a tree while you're mowing the lawn and stroll inside for some lemonade. If you have guns in your house and head out to do the grocery shopping, lock the door. Don't leave a chainsaw sitting on the swing set at the park. Don't ask a toddler to hold your hedge trimmer while you fetch the clippers from your truck.

Why anyone would think it's inappropriate to put a pistol in the glove box, lock your car and leave it, never MIND secure it in a safe bolted/cabled to the frame... It's beyond me.

I’m really sorry to read about this. Leo always seemed to be a pretty nice guy to me. It has been a good half a dozen years since I chatted with him. I’m sorry to see that he is in trouble.

reading all of these replys got me so confuse that I now dont know if Im following the law. as a LTC holder with no restrictions if Im carrying on my person in my car loaded but not one in the chamber and if I needed to lock it up in my car for whatever reason for a short period of time, I would take the magazine out of the pistol lock the pistol and magazine together in the lock box under the seat not the trunk is ok? As long as thats ok I dont need to know anything else about the subject. that would just get me more confused

Last edited:
reading all of these replys got me so confuse that I now dont know if Im following the law. as a LTC holder with no restrictions if Im carrying on my person in my car loaded but not one in the chamber and if I needed to lock it up in my car for whatever reason for a short period of time, I would take the magazine out of the pistol lock the pistol and magazine together in the lock box under the seat not the trunk is ok? As long as thats ok I dont need to know anything else about the subject. that would just get me more confused
If you are referring to a handgun in MA and it is a MA LTC then yes that would be ok. If you want to keep it simple then always (in the home or out) have the gun on your person or unloaded in a locked container. Mags/ammo in same box is ok as well. This is for IN Mass only...once you travel out of state you need to do different.

Back
Top Bottom