Impeachment woes for the Dems

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I was thinking (never a good thing). House will vote to impeach because of the democrat majority and because they are idiots. Now, would this not play well into the Republicans hands? They control the Senate. If they have any guts whatsoever, they can do exactly what Schiff did, control the whole process. They could call in anybody they want. Joe and Hunter, Pencil neck, Obama, Killary, and the list goes on and on. They could tear everything to shreds and really shed light on what the heck really happened; all while entering into the election year. They could literally drain the swamp, of course risking some Republicans go down the chute as well. Which is fine by me. McCain would be tops on my list.

92G

NES Member
Rating - 98.9%
94   1   0
this is a snowballing failure for the D's in congress. something similar to the senate's attack of Justice Kavanaugh but this will be worse for them

there is a 0% chance of impeachment
they have unified the R's in congress behind trump
they've created new R leadership (eg Elise Stefanik, Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan)
due to crying wolf syndrome, Trump becomes essentially unimpeachable for rest of presidency
all these empty promises will push the leftists to be more disgruntled with the D party as a whole
the unified Trump supporters could cost them the D majority in the house...I would put this at a 50-50 chance

trump has endless fotter for his campaign
he will rally all of his voters to the polls

a 3rd party candidate could absolutely rock the D party especially if that 3rd partier preaches fiscally moderate bullshit sprinkled with a tree hug
it could not be uglier for the Dims

--

I am very glad that RINO Paul Ryan is no longer in the house...he would have been all ears on impeachment playing the "middle road BS". sometimes a stronger minority is better than a shitty majority.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was thinking (never a good thing). House will vote to impeach because of the democrat majority and because they are idiots. Now, would this not play well into the Republicans hands? They control the Senate. If they have any guts whatsoever, they can do exactly what Schiff did, control the whole process. They could call in anybody they want. Joe and Hunter, Pencil neck, Obama, Killary, and the list goes on and on. They could tear everything to shreds and really shed light on what the heck really happened; all while entering into the election year. They could literally drain the swamp, of course risking some Republicans go down the chute as well. Which is fine by me. McCain would be tops on my list.
I believe this has been Trump's plan all along.

Jason m

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My question is, say it goes to the Senate ( which I don't think it will ) and Biden, his son and all the others you listed are called before the Senate but they ignore the subpoena what then?

bauer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My understanding is the Senate also has the ability to compel the attendance of its members in an impeachment hearing. A thorough investigation in the senate (read: prolonged) would thus be a de facto means of keeping many of our favorite democratic candidates off the campaign trail at a critical time

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
this is a snowballing failure for the D's in congress. something similar to the senate's attack of Justice Kavanaugh but this will be worse for them

there is a 0% chance of impeachment
they have unified the R's in congress behind trump
they've created new R leadership (eg Elise Stefanik, Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan)
due to crying wolf syndrome, Trump becomes essentially unimpeachable for rest of presidency
all these empty promises will push the leftists to be more disgruntled with the D party as a whole
the unified Trump supporters could cost them the D majority in the house...I would put this at a 50-50 chance

trump has endless fotter for his campaign
he will rally all of his voters to the polls

a 3rd party candidate could absolutely rock the D party especially if that 3rd partier preaches fiscally moderate bullshit sprinkled with a tree hug
it could not be uglier for the Dims

--

I am very glad that RINO Paul Ryan is no longer in the house...he would have been all ears on impeachment playing the "middle road BS". sometimes a stronger minority is better than a shitty majority.
Did you mean there's 0% chance of removal? Otherwise you're right, Dems have really painted themselves into a corner, Pelosi seems to understand that but she's one of the few; I'm guessing some of the silent less radical dems are cringing now too. However this plays out, I think he gets re-elected and there's a good chance Republicans take back the majority and then he's bulletproof. Dems blew their load too early, since he's not going to be removed, they have no other credible play between now and the election. They'll try something for sure, but no one will pay attention to them.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Did you mean there's 0% chance of removal? Otherwise you're right, Dems have really painted themselves into a corner, Pelosi seems to understand that but she's one of the few; I'm guessing some of the silent less radical dems are cringing now too. However this plays out, I think he gets re-elected and there's a good chance Republicans take back the majority and then he's bulletproof. Dems blew their load too early, since he's not going to be removed, they have no other credible play between now and the election. They'll try something for sure, but no one will pay attention to them.
Proven by the lack of the general public not watching the dog and pony show. Viewership dropped by how many millions? I saw/listened to much of it working from home. Even when I stepped out for a few hours over the course of the proceedings it clearly didn’t have any real fire. Just a smoldering pile of shit.

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My concern is the DOJ/FBI/CIA are dens of thieves, liars and cheats. I would not be surprised if a good pile of GOP Senators go along with the Dems to block real investigation (as they are just as dirty) and if the FBI is up to their old tricks they will have a 'dossier' on every GOP member of the senate - brought privately to them with the assurance that it will go away if they vote how they want.

sbi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If R's do in the senate the same as D's did (still do) in the house, I do not think it will play well for R's in the elections. For some reason, these shticks play very well with the public when D's do that, not when the R's do, especially when they have the entire media on their side.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My concern is the DOJ/FBI/CIA are dens of thieves, liars and cheats. I would not be surprised if a good pile of GOP Senators go along with the Dems to block real investigation (as they are just as dirty) and if the FBI is up to their old tricks they will have a 'dossier' on every GOP member of the senate - brought privately to them with the assurance that it will go away if they vote how they want.
My bigger concern: the Donks are simply going to cheat their way to electoral "victory" regardless. They were cock-sure the fix was in with Cankles; they're gonna double-down in 2020.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the other concern is for House Reps D's in Pro-Trump or barely-D districts have to answer for their impeachment votes in the next election cycle. Would be great card for a R challenger in these districts to play that their Rep pushed the impeachment farce.

Reactions: 92G
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Spot on. House dems won't impeach.

I would put a grand down to say nope, no impeachment. This goes to the senate, and they nail Biden to the wall, he will roll on FBHO and there goes not just the 2020 election for president, but also the house as well. Let’s be honest, Joe would roll in a second.

Having said that, never underestimate the stupid of other people and never get in their way when they are self destructing.

Last edited:

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh I think that impeachment is inevitable. Every mainstream paper and "news" organization says that there is plenty there for impeachment. Impeachment has nothing to do with law, it is a political action. The Dems cannot stop this train.

I just read a WSJ opinion article. Wow, I must be watching some other impeachment hearing. Ya Trump is an Ahole. Ya, he has pissed everybody off because he wants it done his way and not the establishment's way. It's kind of like the girlfriend that thinks, "I can change him" syndrome. He is bucking the system hard and everybody hates him for it, including the republicans. Get over it. It ain't illegal.

Man I hope he gets re-elected and then really goes balls to the ball. Tear the house down. Go after term limits, go after their ridiculous pensions and health insurance plans. Hold everybody accountable for the coup, send them all to jail, take everything they have, including what their families and relatives have, so this never ever happens to any President again, be it Republican or Democrat. Make it hurt for generations.

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
McCain is Dead Jim.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Does anyone else think it's possible that he wants a televised trial so that he can drag all sorts of people in to testify under oath? Biden, his son, Valerie Jarret, Comey, and of course Schiff.

Must see TV!

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The democrats are not going to waste political capital on nothing sandwiches especially with nothing to gain. They wanted to rally the base? Well that failed miserably too. Now they appear to be the partisan hacks that they themselves claimed they weren't. I could be wrong, in fact I'm frequently wrong and we do live in some strange times, but the longer this takes and moves towards election day, the worse it will be for democrats. This investigation is giving the Bidens and others an opportunity to have a shredding party but there is always one person who didn't shred documents. The only reason why we know the Wansee conference on the final solution existed and actually took place is because one person didn't destroy the documents but locked them away where they were discovered after the war. The democrats know that out in the real world is some guy with a manila folder of letters and papers that will sink their aspirations.

Top Bottom