• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Impeachment on the Way

Do you think anyone defending trump will show any videos of Dems or any elected officials actually calling for and inciting violence?
My gut says more Republicans will turn.

Holy irony Batman!

Let me get this straight. So the section that vests authority to the Senate to try to the President in cases of impeachment is irrelevant because he’s not the President? But only the parts that they aren’t adhering too. Those ought to be ignored. But the parts they are (the whole trying him for impeachment) is relevant because it’s the only part in the Constitution that gives them authority in the first place.

Wow. You hate Trump so bad this is your logic?

Either clause 6 of section 3 applies or it doesn’t. If it does apply, the Chief Justice shall preside. He’s not so it’s not legitimate. Or the section does not apply, and the Senate has no authority to try him to begin with.

Picking and choosing only the parts that fit is absurd. But that’s what the left is known for

When Knuckledragger came down with TDS, I thought he might eventually level off. I guess I was wrong, he’s as much a unhinged anti Trumper as any leftist liberal on their best day.

No. Mr. Trump is no longer relevant. He is a loser. As he himself once said, “I don’t like losers.” Join the club Donald.
Thanks for outing yourself, again as someone with < 0 unstanding of truth, civics and unambiguous language.

What you are endorsing is unconstitutional power of the senate to prosecute a private citizen. This is tyrannical.

The people decide which private citizen can hold higher office. And BS legal theories will never change this.

Last edited:
Hardly the point, it's not about you or me. We don't drive party politics. GOP Senators are thinking about their futures. What will Trump's legacy be in 2,4, or 6 years when they're up for re-election? Will they be rewarded for standing by Trump or penalized for it? We don't know that yet. And I don't think that answer will come easily. I think the GOP will tear itself apart getting there. And into that vacuum Democratic Party power will flood.
Do you agree with the impeachment "trial" of a former president?

It's the modern version of the Corpse Synod.
It's Maoism. The American Elite's Primary Allegiance Is No Longer to America, But to the Communist Party of China, That Makes Them Rich and Keeps Them In Power
This show trial is all about the quislings groveling before their Mandarin masters for upsetting the terms of vassalhood for 4 years.

This is going to get very very very messy. The damage to the social fabric of the nation is deep here. We have passed the point of no return and are heading into a dark time. Yikes.
They are coming for you there is no doubt about it, remember the Bernie staffers talking about sending Trump supporters to re education camps? I see that actually happening.

... the Senate this very day is debating the issue of whether they have the power to 'try' a former office holder. Just as they've done before, a majority of Senators will decide that they have the poser to try a former official.
A poser?
The United States Senate has 50+ posers.

The question of how SCOTUS would rule should the Senate vote to convict Trump is irrelevant because they won't convict him. If they did, there really is not legal basis for seeking review from the high court. With only a couple of exceptions, they have traditionally declined to review impeaches precisoiuly becuase it is a political process.
Fine; in the unlikely event that Trump runs for 2024,
when some state inevitably whips out the ragtime that
he's been bannitated from the ballot Because ImpeachConvict,
let SCOTUS enjoin the state because their legal theory is a nullity.

And if they're concerned about Teh Legacy,
they'd best get that ruling correct...

A poser?
The United States Senate has 50+ posers.

Fine; in the unlikely event that Trump runs for 2024,
when some state inevitably whips out the ragtime that
he's been bannitated from the ballot Because ImpeachConvict,
let SCOTUS enjoin the state because their legal theory is a nullity.

And if they're concerned about Teh Legacy,
they'd best get that ruling correct...

Impeachment hasn't barred officials from holding elected office again.
Exhibit A:

From your link, very well said by the author:

"He was the first President in many decades to mount a truly political presidential campaign—that is, he assembled a national coalition around a set of issues neither party had adequately addressed and did it while appealing to citizens as citizens rather than as discrete demographic, corporate, or identity groups (relentless lying about this from the Left and the NeverTrump Right to the contrary notwithstanding). Indeed in the closing months of his administration Trump took direct aim at the central moral premise of the Left today: the idea that Americans ought to be divided into oppressors and oppressed, with rights and honors doled out accordingly."

and, just what i talked about before is starting, seems like -

GOP is no more. a new order is coming...
My friend gets all fired ip when I tell him a new one party system will be coming soon

YAOYT (redefined - Yet Another Out Yourself Teleconference)
and, just what i talked about before is starting, seems like -

GOP is no more. a new order is coming...
The UniParty may show a few more shades of color beyond the current red and blue, but its still the UniParty (ex. The Masters vs. the masses, OWO, Great Reset).

YAOYT (redefined - Yet Another Out Yourself Teleconference)

The UniParty may show a few more shades of color beyond the current red and blue, but its still the UniParty (ex. The Masters vs. the masses, OWO, Great Reset).
i have mixed feelings about it all. you are most likely correct - it is going toward that way, potentially, but, the current situation cannot remain 'as is' neither.

Back
Top Bottom