• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IMI Uzi model B, should I?

I have the chance to buy a good condition (has definitely been a shooter but kept with everything original) uzi model b with the factory case, display barrel, and 3 mags for $1200. I almost impulse bought it but thought I'd sleep on it. First is this a good deal and is there anything I should look out for? I'm a complete Uzi noob but I have a few dollars to spend and looking for a new toy. I already have ak's, ar's, 308rem700, saiga12 and a bunch of pistols. Kind of looking for something different and fun and this jumped out at me. Thanks for any input.

Yes definitely get an UZI if it strikes your fancy. Great fun gun, I almost always bring mine to the range when I go. That seems like a good price for an IMI in good condition. Parts are cheap and readily available, even pre-ban mags (unissued).

I went through the exact same thing a few years back. I decided against it. Here's why....

The one I was looking at was more in the $1500 neighborhood. However it was flawless and had everything including. A .45 ACP conversion kit consisting of the barrel, bolt & 4 mags (which are very expensive & hard to come by in their own right). I thought it was a decent deal. The folks on here did not. Of course that was a few years back. But that's not why I didn't pull the trigger on it.

It is a very very cool piece to have in ones collection. If you got money to burn and you're looking for a cool toy then by all means go forward.

They do not have the greatest reputation for accuracy. Especially once the barrel starts to heat up. I very rarely range shoot. If I do go shoot, 90% of the time it's a match. The Uzi would quickly turn into a safe queen.

My thoughts on the SBR Uzi.-
I did give it great thought during the contemplation of purchasing. One plus is that it's a very easy firearm to make an SBR. It is kind of lame dealing with that long needle barrel. However again the accuracy would be even worse post conversion. Then after dealing with the stamp, all the other red tape and BS you end up with a pistol caliber carbine with marginal performance. For me and SBR should be a high powered rifle cartridge to begin with.

Just my experience & decision. I would not fault anyone who wanted to own one. If you really want it, go for it. Hope this helped.

Thanks everyone, I decided against it, just ordered a trijicon rmr, 9mm ported barrel and some other goodies and going to race out my glock22c instead.

Traded mine for a rifle and definately miss mine it was a model b. Very fun very reliable. mags are about 12-14$ for 32 rounders. Theyre pretty compact even with the 16'' barrel. One problem i had with mine....i went through 2 cases of ammo...fast.

Missing mine, sellers remorse.

I paid $550.00 back in the 90"s a great deal as new condition with soft case two 32 round mags and four 25 rounders.

I sold it four $1100.00 a few years back.

I used it and doubled my money, looking back on it now I still wish I had it.

Sorry guys, 100% not buying it. Going to mod a few of my guns instead. Thanks again for all the info, definitely appreciate it!

While searching for a thread to slip this video short into, I stumbled on this one from 10 years ago, the price grabbed me.
What a difference 10 years make, anybody here would grab that deal all day long for $1200 today.
I wonder if the OP is kicking himself for passing on it. ???

View: https://youtu.be/Do91vi4V3BU

While searching for a thread to slip this video short into, I stumbled on this one from 10 years ago, the price grabbed me.
What a difference 10 years make, anybody here would grab that deal all day long for $1200 today.
I wonder if the OP is kicking himself for passing on it. ???

View: https://youtu.be/Do91vi4V3BU

Yes I definitely passed up a deal, but I shoot waaaay less than I used to and already have too many neglected firearms. I’m not upset about it but would be if I still wanted one.

These are major Uzi boner material here: 1683588198041.jpeg Never once saw a person dump one of these and not be smiling for three hours afterwards.

I never regreted buying several of these when $150.00 each seemed like a bit of a high price.

The best thing is, I bought enough of these drums (@ $25.00) and have enough 25rd mags to build a bunch more.....Aaaaaaand I have a grandson who is a professional welder and what I consider an artist with a TIG welder.

I have a Vector Arms Uzi. Keeping it carbine length stock for resale value if i choose to ever sell. Came as a kit with all the cool kid accessories , sling, mag pouches , fixed wood stock and the cheek slicing folder stock. SUPER fun shooter. Needs some stout ammo to run well.

I have a Vector Arms Uzi. Keeping it carbine length stock for resale value if i choose to ever sell. Came as a kit with all the cool kid accessories , sling, mag pouches , fixed wood stock and the cheek slicing folder stock. SUPER fun shooter. Needs some stout ammo to run well.
If you ever wanted to SBR it, just engrave the barrel, no need to mark the receiver, so it should not affect the resale value. In a couple years it will appreciate in vale to wash out the cost of the stamp if you ever decide to sell it.

Heard this same story over and over and over again.

"That is too much for that gun"
"I bought one x years ago and it was half that"

Y years later:
"Damn I wish I bought/kept that gun"
"I could havve had one for z dollars in <year>"

We never learn.

Old thread, but looking for some advice from those in the know.

What would be a good price for a Norinco Uzi (preban, 9mm, wood thumbhole, 16" barrel)?

For the high watermark look at Gunbroker. Don't forget tax, shipping and transfer fees on top. Local prices are somewhat lower if you can find it. That gun might be harder to find regularly though

Back
Top Bottom