• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IMI Desert Eagles

Not to go OT but, are they a dependable gun? I have always wanted one but couldn't justify the added cost to buy one in MA

According to Magnum Research, mine was made over 20 years ago and it still goes boom every time. Don't forget that the gun is Israeli, they only know how to make dependable guns. [wink]

http://www.tombstonetrading.com/

I have spent years searching for particular hard to find in MA firearms and it is not easy. The longest I looked was about 8-10 years.

Dealers will tell you that they will look but the simple fact is that they have so many customers in and out the door in a weeks time, all looking for firearms, there is no simple way for them to keep track. You have already done some leg work and have come up with nothing. How long do you think a dealer will look when he has been told over and over again somone will take it only to get "I don't have the $ right now" after finding it?

The only way you are likely to find this gun is:

1) Make a list of shops with online inventory. Check it daily
2) Check classifieds Daily Post a WTB (if you have not already)
3) Hit some premium dealers (like Flotter) who may keep this in that back of their mind and give you a call if they come across one.
4) Hit local shops
5) Buy the one in black and have it refinished.
6) If someone has a MK IXX (19) I think the frame is all the same. Buy it in that cal and then get the parts to convert to .50AE.
7) Have the cash ready to spend and be prepared to spend more than the gun is worth (MA Premium).

I think Four Seasons has one in .44 and that frame may be the same as the .50AE depending on the YOM. I know early guns had different frames than later guns. Later guns, if I am correct, change cals with the barrel, and bolt where early guns may requre slide, barrel and bolt changes.

Also I do not know if you have shot one or not? If you have not, then I would try and shoot one or 2 to get a feel. The gun is a range toy, a fun range toy, but a range toy 50AE can be hard to find and expensive, alteritive cals may give you more enjoyment as well.

Good luck with the search.

Last edited:
For reference the mark XIX (19) are all interchangeable. Meaning the frames can accept all of the different uppers 357/44/50. You just swap the barrel and the firing pin bolt carrier assembly.

Iirc the mark 7s, can be swapped ONLY if you get a 50. The ones made in Maine are generally frowned upon. Ime I found them to be just as good fit and function-wise but the finish just was not at the same level.

Thank you for the sage advice. I purchased a black one this evening. Zero Hour really came through.
He told me he would look and work a couple of leads. He found me a new one. How new? The seal
on the case has never been broken. It's black so my quest continues but after talking to a number
of dealers and a refinisher of firearms in Florida, I am now looking for brushed chrome. So thanks again.

Steve H.

Hello everyone. Zero Hour worked overtime to find me a 50 desert eagle. I wanted nickel
but settled on the black because of how new it is. How new? The seal hasn't been
cracked. There in lies my problem. Do I crack the case and lesson the value or leave it
boxed? Still looking for IMI Desert Eagles now in all calibers so lets hear from you.

Hello everyone. Zero Hour worked overtime to find me a 50 desert eagle. I wanted nickel
but settled on the black because of how new it is. How new? The seal hasn't been
cracked. There in lies my problem. Do I crack the case and lesson the value or leave it
boxed? Still looking for IMI Desert Eagles now in all calibers so lets hear from you.

If you don't shoot it you wasted your money. The guns aren't exactly rare anyways.

-Mike

If you don't shoot it you wasted your money. The guns aren't exactly rare anyways.

-Mike

Yep, unless you get a custom gun..... and even at that because MR makes so many custom ones as well. I have a MKI with an adjustable trigger, rare adjustable target nite sites, and a extremely rare factory comp (for MKI or VII), and I shoot mine. The story that came with the gin is that the previous owner (R.I.P.) was a rep for MR when they were in MN, and this gun was built special for him.

Last edited:
Comp looks great. Never new they made one.

To the op.

You might think about going straight to Magnum Research for the refinish. This one was black when I got it. If I remember the refinish was 250ish but that might be 5-10 years ago.

DE001.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom