IMI Desert Eagles

Hello everyone:

My first post in here. Wishing everyone the best of Christmas's.
The family is all set so now I'm getting a little self centered and look
for an item that isn't a great carry or home defense piece but is lots
of fun at the range. Having difficulty locating new or gently used
IMI Desert Eagle anywhere in the state. I'm looking for it in all chrome
or nickel 50 caliber. Not the black or blue gun versions. It would be
great to have it under the tree but I will wait for the right price and
piece. The only sad part of this story is that I live in Massachusetts
so I need to find one that's compliant. I thank you in advance for all
your suggestions.

Last edited:
That truly looks fantastic and it's the right price. The problem is that I
live in Mass so compliance is the problem. If I lived 15 miles south of here
in RI this would probably be a done deal already. Thanks for showing me
the image of what I truly want.

If you really want on, check in with Zero Hour Arms in Easton (http://www.zerohourarms.com/). They always seem to have a Desert Eagle or two behind the counter. However, if they have one in stock, you'll have to pay a premium for it.

What is the "right price" for you?

You do not need a "Mass Compliant" one. You just need to find one in a private party sale, fill out an FA-10, and give the buyer some obscene amount of money.

You will probably run into several problems looking for one in MA.

You might think about getting one in the blued finish (that seems to be the most common) then send it back to the factory for refinish. This service was about 300$ about 5-8 years ago.

DEs come up now and again but rarely in MA, add to that looking for a custom color and you really cut down your odds.

Collectors in Stoneham had one a few months ago but it was blued.

Try Fred Lotter (flotter390) in the dealer classifieds. He has a huge collection and may have a DE. I swear he posted one at one point. There is a 357 mag DE in the regular classifieds. I know you want a 50AE though.

Yes, there is a classified area for this stuff. Plus please note the original post was far from helpful in the details like the fact he lives in MA(note his edit), add to that since I live in a free state I do not keep track of what is and what is not on the approved list in MA so for me getting a .50 DE in chrome or Ni is just a matter of calling my local dealer and having them do the legwork for me. I am also willing to bet if he worked with a decent dealer in the state of MA they would be willing to locate one for him at least if I was in the business of selling firearms I would be willing to do legwork to please a customer.

ETA
This link was found via the above google search
http://www.gunsamerica.com/94987900...-Eagle/DESERT_EAGLE_50AE_MASS_OK_MARK_XIX.htm

Last edited:
I am also willing to bet if he worked with a decent dealer in the state of MA they would be willing to locate one for him at least if I was in the business of selling firearms I would be willing to do legwork to please a customer.

Hah!!! I'd take that bet. If nothing else, it would be worth losing to find such a magical FFL.

thanks everyone for their post. Zero Hour is working to locate me one
but keep the post coming. If Zero Hour doesn't work out, I'll travel
anywhere in the state to find the piece. I know I'm looking for a something
in short supply especially in MA but I'm sure it's out there and I'm patient.
Sooner or later I'l have my IMI DE in 50 looking ghetto fab as someone said.
Again keep the post coming and thanks for the support.

Thanks but it only works for someone who had posession of the piece first and then moved to MA.
No out of state sales.

Thanks but the FA-10 only works if you move here as a permanent resident and had the piece prior.
With the current laws here in this state I wouldn't wish that on any gun enthusiast.

Thanks. I met him the other day. He didn't have what I was looking for but he gave
me some helpful suggestions and I'm sure I'll be dealing with him in the future. He's
located in Stoughton not Stoneham.

Did you ever give us your price range?

Td

T
thanks everyone for their post. Zero Hour is working to locate me one
but keep the post coming. If Zero Hour doesn't work out, I'll travel
anywhere in the state to find the piece. I know I'm looking for a something
in short supply especially in MA but I'm sure it's out there and I'm patient.
Sooner or later I'l have my IMI DE in 50 looking ghetto fab as someone said.
Again keep the post coming and thanks for the support.

As far as my post goes, I haven't heard from western MA. Are there any out there. I'm willing to
travel anywhere in state to find the right piece or pieces. Put it out there and we can haggle.

As far as my post goes, I haven't heard from western MA. Are there any out there. I'm willing to
travel anywhere in state to find the right piece or pieces. Put it out there and we can haggle.

Tombstone Trading usually has at least one or two of those things hanging around, I'm sure Zero Hour probably has at least one around at all times. Those guns tend to sit forever in shops so it shouldn't be hard to get one- not even in MA.

-Mike

Not to go OT but, are they a dependable gun? I have always wanted one but couldn't justify the added cost to buy one in MA

Back
Top Bottom