• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Imagine if the Zimmerman case happened in Mass....

They meant in this trial. If the judge threw out 2nd degree yesterday, the manslaughter charge should stand. You cannot be charged twice for the same crime once jeopardy has attached. After Z is acquitted, the state can not file any charges against him for that night. No manslaughter, no unlawful discharge of a firearm, no jaywalking, nothing. In a week or so this will be over forever exceptthe civil case and race riots.

Thanks for clarifying this. As I said in my response, "lesser included charge" of manslaughter. It's what Martha didn't do in one of the nanny murder cases and the defendant ended up walking. I forget the specific case, though.

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC, it took about 40 days before the guardians of political correctness were able to get an indictment against Zimmerman. In MA, I would have expected it to take about 4 days. [wink]

This only went to trial because Corey decided to charge him with Second Degree murder. That was because in FL she could charge that without going to a Grand Jury for an indictment. Which she knew that a Grand Jury would no true bill because there isn't much here. Which is why the original investigator and DA decided not to press any charges.

Politics, pure and simple.

What if Zimmerman stayed in his car ? [pot]

What if Zimmerman was a white or black woman?

There would be instant gender discrimination charges brought forth against the DA, with the attitude that a woman would be and should be able to defend herself from a beating from a man, but a man is supposed to stand there and take it?

The trial is a ridiculous, politically charged farce, designed to garner feathers in someone's cap and further disparage the actions of whites in their self defense.

Had this been Zimmerman shot and killed, with rolls completely reversed, there would be no trial.

Whites should riot if Zimmerman is convicted and that prosecutor should hanged by the neck.

Florida is an "all or nothing" state when it comes to use of a gun in a crime. FL has a 10/20/life law - 10 years for producing a gun in a forcible felony; 20 for firing it in such a crime; 25 if someone dies.

There was a high profile case, also prosecuted by Angela Corey, in which someone admitted to firing a warning shot. He turned down a plea deal, was convicted and given a few years. Prosecutor Corey appealed then sentencing on the basis of the 10/20/life law not being properly applied and got his sentence upped to 20.

Shes a real POS, isn't she?

use a revolver or wipe down your ammo clean of prints, if nobody sees you, you walk away. there has been discussion here if you need to report a self defense shooting legally. walking away would look bad if they find you, but you have to consider your life in the odds.

Has there ever been a "good shoot" encounter in Massachusetts?

I seem to recall something happening last year. It got a minor mention in the papers, then was never heard from again--but I think, in this instance, both people had guns and the "good shoot" individual was a legal LTC gun owner while the other individual was not and had drawn on him.

Like I said...case was never heard from again.

Here is thread on incident:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb.../168264-can-boston-ccw-shooter-justified.html

Last edited:
Has there ever been a "good shoot" encounter in Massachusetts?

I seem to recall something happening last year. It got a minor mention in the papers, then was never heard from again--but I think, in this instance, both people had guns and the "good shoot" individual was a legal LTC gun owner while the other individual was not and had drawn on him.

Like I said...case was never heard from again.

Yes, a woman in Arlington who shot home invader who supposedly was reaching for a gun (although he didn't have one he still motioned as if he did) and he got shot in the neck as a result. I think he lived but no charges were brought against the woman.

Yes, a woman in Arlington who shot home invader who supposedly was reaching for a gun (although he didn't have one he still motioned as if he did) and he got shot in the neck as a result. I think he lived but no charges were brought against the woman.

The one I am thinking of was two men. I think it happened near the water, somewhere in the Boston area. Might have been on the Esplanade.

Edit: here is the thread on the incident

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb.../168264-can-boston-ccw-shooter-justified.html

Last edited:
Aka: opportune excuse to loot and pillage their own community

Sent from my iPhone using Yakalot

No one gave a crap about Rodney king, or others. The people who loot use these events as an excuse to pillage, nothing more.

It will be VERY interesting to see how obama responds. If he doesn't incite race riots, that community will be livid with him and they are his biggest fans. If he says the justice system worked, move on? Or he can call for riots. He is is a bad spot to be the shameless moron he is.

- - - Updated - - -

What if Zimmerman stayed in his car ? [pot]

Then Martin would probably be alive and under indictment for some other crime he would certainly have committed. The kid was a punk and a thug, so it was only a matter of time before he went pro and get his criminal career in high gear.

No one gave a crap about Rodney king, or others. The people who loot use these events as an excuse to pillage, nothing more.

It will be VERY interesting to see how obama responds. If he doesn't incite race riots, that community will be livid with him and they are his biggest fans. If he says the justice system worked, move on? Or he can call for riots. He is is a bad spot to be the shameless moron he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Then Martin would probably be alive and under indictment for some other crime he would certainly have committed. The kid was a punk and a thug, so it was only a matter of time before he went pro and get his criminal career in high gear.
we reap what we sow, he sowed death and got his harvest.

The one I am thinking of was two men. I think it happened near the water, somewhere in the Boston area. Might have been on the Esplanade.

Edit: here is the thread on the incident

The other incident that sticks in my mind is this one, where a doctor, in a hospital, was attacked and stabbed by a patient. The attacker was put down by someone who was carrying. There were witnesses to the incident, the shooter was an off-duty security guard (not that it matters), and everyone seemed unanimous that the shooting was justified. You probably couldn't ask for a cleaner shooting incident.

So why does it stick in my mind? The shooting happened in October of 2009. It took until April of 2010 before the DA decided not to seek an indictment. Six freaking months that the guy was kept hanging, wondering if he was going to have to pony up $100K for a legal defense. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but I believe that if there was the slightest whiff of political incorrectness involved the DA would have sought an indictment. Even if found not guilty, the guy would still be out the money for a defense and the ordeal of a trial. Six months to investigate this incident is absurd...unless you're waiting to see which way the political wind is blowing.

Seems that nowadays we're getting a whole lot of legalities and less and less justice.

Even if found not guilty, the guy would still be out the money for a defense and the ordeal of a trial.
That is if the DA "allowed" a trial. Another option would be "accept this felony no/minimal prison time plea bargain, or face the limitless resources of the state".

The other incident that sticks in my mind is this one, where a doctor, in a hospital, was attacked and stabbed by a patient. The attacker was put down by someone who was carrying. There were witnesses to the incident, the shooter was an off-duty security guard (not that it matters), and everyone seemed unanimous that the shooting was justified. You probably couldn't ask for a cleaner shooting incident.

So why does it stick in my mind? The shooting happened in October of 2009. It took until April of 2010 before the DA decided not to seek an indictment. Six freaking months that the guy was kept hanging, wondering if he was going to have to pony up $100K for a legal defense. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but I believe that if there was the slightest whiff of political incorrectness involved the DA would have sought an indictment. Even if found not guilty, the guy would still be out the money for a defense and the ordeal of a trial. Six months to investigate this incident is absurd...unless you're waiting to see which way the political wind is blowing.

Seems that nowadays we're getting a whole lot of legalities and less and less justice.

And yet there are some here who bash the NH AG's office for taking the lead and coming to a quick (less than a month) determination that someone was justified in using lethal force [thinking].

If a shooting incident happened like "Zimmerman"s" in Mass. I think the legal outcome would depend on the DA and the county. If I was involved in a self defense or defense of others shooting... I would feel relatively comfortable in Plymouth County with DA Cruz. A grand jury would be convened and I think this County is still "conservative " enough to weigh the facts and not let politics get involved. Now some other counties where the DA's are outwardly anti-gun... I wouldn't be too confident. I could see Deval, Menino, Coakly and others putting political pressure on the DA and judge.

Boy, I hope he's found not guilty.

with a much lower burden of proof, the resultant wrongful death civil suit will bankrupt Zimmerman even if the defense attorney costs in THIS trial don't.

Gotta love the closing statement in the article saying "Nobody should have a loaded gun here".[rolleyes]

I do not agree with that closing statement. Nor will I, ever.

with a much lower burden of proof, the resultant wrongful death civil suit will bankrupt Zimmerman even if the defense attorney costs in THIS trial don't.

I do not agree with that closing statement. Nor will I, ever.
i wonder if he can file his own suit against the police for never arresting trangel for his crimes in school, parents for raising a danger to society and the homeowner's association for not numbering the houses properly. also, should sue arizona ice tea and skittles for some ad revenue.

Initially no wrongdoing was found by investigators. Then the marches and political pressure was started. The lynch mob got organized and the liberals mobilized.
Now he will either be guilty or go bankrupt defending his "god given right" to defend himself. Either way everyone loses. Not guilty. Here comes the riots. Nation wide! This ain't Rodney king.

FL has protections from civil suits for persons who use a firearms in self defense - though he may need a post verdict stand you ground hearing to get immunity.

His real peril is saying ANYTHING that could be used as a wedge into a federal civil rights case.

Being bankrupt from a wrongful death suit is the least of his worries:

-If he's found guilty, he'll be eventually tortured/killed in prison.

-If he's found innocent, I'm willing to bet he'll get whacked sooner or later by the lynch mob and anybody ever associated with him will have targets painted on them too.

It's no win for anybody.

Back
Top Bottom