I'm suprised this made the news... police ruining lives

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all fairness to all cops who follow the rules, the title of this thread should read “... cop ruining lives”.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They'll make an example out of him, then really push the idea that it's an isolated incident and move on. Think about every time you've seen a police officer get upset or even violent toward people legally recording them as they go about their duty. I get very suspicious whenever I see something like that and think "If that cop isn't dirty, why are they getting so angry at someone who isn't breaking any laws."

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bowling and Smith, confident they had nothing to hide, told Wester to go ahead and search the car after he claimed to smell marijuana, assuring him he wouldn’t find any.
Can't tell you how many times I've read police reports that state "strong odor of alcoholic beverage." It used to be also "strong odor of fresh/burnt marijuana" before that became a civil and then non-issue. Rather boilerplate on police reports and seriously suspect. How many times were these same lines used to further an investigation in a traffic stop but yield no results?

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
"Investigators said at a news conference Wednesday that there did not appear to be any rhyme or reason to the drivers Wester, 26, singled out for false arrests on drug possession. Some were parents with a diaper bag in the back seat. Others were young men and women, some crying as they insisted they had never touched drugs, let alone meth, in their lives."

I've never liked "pig" as an appellation for police officers. Seems way too disrespectful to me. However in this case porky is as porky does.

pig.JPG

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was reading about this a while ago, the story I read had some sort of Jr level prosecutor noticing that the Officer had made a majority of the drug arrests... she noticed his name over and over on reports at a rate that was disproportionate to his department.

She did not back down and was given a ration of sh*t by her superiors, IIRC she resigned and went into private practice.

119 cases were dismissed

Prosecutor who sparked Jackson County drug-planting probe resigns as whistleblower

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
In all fairness to all cops who follow the rules, the title of this thread should read “... cop ruining lives”.
Sure... I'm sure not a single good cop who worked with or near or above him had any idea he was doing this. Otherwise any of those good cops would have reported him to superiors and testified against him in court.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sure... I'm sure not a single good cop who worked with or near or above him had any idea he was doing this. Otherwise any of those good cops would have reported him to superiors and testified against him in court.
No one would EVER believe there was systematic/pervasive corruption in the ranks of police departments everywhere...... /sarcasm

Ex-NYPD Narc Testifies Cops Routinely Planted Drugs on Innocent People | StoptheDrugWar.org

Those Drugs? They Came From the Police

Its called "Attaching bodies"

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
They'll make an example out of him, then really push the idea that it's an isolated incident and move on. Think about every time you've seen a police officer get upset or even violent toward people legally recording them as they go about their duty. I get very suspicious whenever I see something like that and think "If that cop isn't dirty, why are they getting so angry at someone who isn't breaking any laws."
Isolated case indeed and most of the time when police get frustrated it’s because they are dealing with an endless supply of asshats and idiots.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell you how many times I've read police reports that state "strong odor of alcoholic beverage." It used to be also "strong odor of fresh/burnt marijuana" before that became a civil and then non-issue. Rather boilerplate on police reports and seriously suspect. How many times were these same lines used to further an investigation in a traffic stop but yield no results?
You'd be surprised how many people are driving around half lit (AF) on marijuana. Personally, I was saddened by the amount of driving while stoned I've encountered.

This guy should go under the jail.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You'd be surprised how many people are driving around half lit (AF) on marijuana. Personally, I was saddened by the amount of driving while stoned I've encountered.
not advocating driving impaired, but I'm a lot more concerned about all the drunks on the road. Also, someone who is a little high is probably driving slow. Dumb broads on their cellphones pose a greater risk than a pot head behind the wheel IMO.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not advocating driving impaired, but I'm a lot more concerned about all the drunks on the road. Also, someone who is a little high is probably driving slow. Dumb broads on their cellphones pose a greater risk than a pot head behind the wheel IMO.
Having seen it first hand, completely stoned driving is just as bad as drunk driving, which is just as bad as 'falling asleep at the wheel tired' driving.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't blame the cop for doing this. He's only doing what he was trained to do. It's the SYSTEM that allows dirtbags like this guy to be given power and authority. Shitbags are going to exist everywhere, but the system allows them to exercise their nature.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't quite get it though - Every one of his victims would probably have said the drugs were planted.

Did no cop or prosecutor notice the pattern of every single one of his arrests accusing him of planting the drugs?

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I don't quite get it though - Every one of his victims would probably have said the drugs were planted.

Did no cop or prosecutor notice the pattern of every single one of his arrests accusing him of planting the drugs?
One new prosecutor did notice he had a high rate of drug arrests and found it suspicious.
Almost all his victims were poor, white, and had prior interaction with law enforcement.

When you are at the mercy of a public defender against a corrupt system you are screwed.

The story of the prosecutor is interesting to read. She took a lot of sh*t for doing the right thing.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, I’d say ...... ............ ........... . ...... .........

And then, ..................................

But then Some people will say ................

But I’d just point to this and say ................

So, there’s that.

Super99Z

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0

Yes, if they gave a $#!T.

Top Bottom