I'm screwed

You're screwed, all right. Purchase permits (one each) for EVERY purchase. ONE gun a month. Attitude from the cops when you go to apply FOR your purchase permit!

What's a banded list?

OH! BANNED list. Start here; continue here (BIG file; best do a "save as"); and more questions can be handled on the NJ Gun Laws subforum on NJ Gun Forums.

Also, buying Evan Nappen's book would probably be a REAL good idea. I've actually met his co-author, Richard Gilbert - he came down to the Appleseed Shoot in South Jersey back in July. He and his wife were both shooting.

Basically - no mags over 15 rounds. No "assault weapons". There is NO grandfathering in any more - if it wasn't registered, you're SOL. If you have an AK or an M1 Carbine (to start with), sell them BEFORE YOU MOVE IN.

Here's the list from NJ 2C:39

w.”Assault firearm” means:

(1) The following firearms:
Algimec AGM1 type
Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the “Street Sweeper” or “Striker 12”
Armalite AR-180 type
Australian Automatic Arms SAR
Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms
Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms
Bushmaster Assault Rifle
Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900
CETME G3
Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type
Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series
Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types
Demro TAC-1 carbine type
Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types
FAMAS MAS223 types
FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms
Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 shotguns
G3SA type
Galil type Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1
Intratec TEC 9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms
M1 carbine type
M14S type
MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9mm carbine type firearms
PJK M-68 carbine type
Plainfield Machine Company Carbine (note that these were MADE in NJ!!! [shocked])
Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-14/5RF
SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types
SKS with detachable magazine type
Spectre Auto carbine type
Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type
Sterling MK-6, MK-7 and SAR types
Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms
USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun
Uzi type semi-automatic firearms
Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms
Weaver Arm Nighthawk.

Oh, yeah, and if you have NFA stuff? No machine guns, no silencers.

If you want to PM me your email address, I have the relevant NJ laws in digital format that I can forward to you.

Last edited:
My friend moved down there years ago, he hates it and to this day says it was the biggest mistake in his life.

Good luck.

I was thinking worst case scenario, such as one of the NYC suburbs. And to think that some of my family were among the founders of Bergen Township in the 1600s.
crazy.gif

Ken

Basically - no mags over 15 rounds. No "assault weapons". There is NO grandfathering in any more - if it wasn't registered, you're SOL. If you have an AK or an M1 Carbine (to start with), sell them BEFORE YOU MOVE IN.
OK, I know better, but chatting with dealer in NJ today, I got told that PRE-BAN is verboten, but not POST-BAN with no evil features - like MA. So... I'd hit those links above and read up. I haven't paid a LOT of attention to NJ laws as I know that I will NEVER move back there.

(I should know, I'm from NJ)
God help me... I don't believe I'm saying this...
what exit?

Well Well,
You guys have put out a lot for me to think on. I was, key word WAS, planning to move there for a job, but ya know what, I think I will just stay on unemployment for now and come up with something. Thanks for all the good advice

Back
Top Bottom