I'm off....constantly.

Depends on the cop. I and many others has our butts kicked at CMP regionals by a guy from NYPD. Nice guy and very pro 2A, by the way. One of my LEO friends shoots the bare minimum for the job. So it depends...

I'd say there are 500+ of the latter for every one of the former.

If you are indeed hitting 7o'clock with any gun you shoot I would say Natural point of Aim needs some work.
Stance, sights etc. You have been doing this for a year. So now you need to unlearn what you have learned.

Post some pictures of your targets. Your shooting 1-2" groups which is great (especially shotgun) how far from your aim point are these groups?

If you draw a bulls eye at the 2o'clock area opposite of your impacts do you hit the original center bullseye?

My uneducated guess is if your shooting low left on all platforms your pulling or muscling your support hand?

Professional help is nice although many issues can be resolved by simply going to local club shoots and asking those shooting well...
One of the best tips I have received is to relax and don't "try" so hard. What I mean is don't stand there aiming for long time. The longer you "hold" the quicker your eyes and muscles get tired....breath.
I do more dry fire and natural point of aim exercises than anything else. Then pellet guns get a lot of use at home also.
If not for those things I think my shooting would really suffer.
Oh one more thing. How's your eyes?

Back
Top Bottom