• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm Moving out of MA!!!

Filed all my docs, got poked, prodded, did my physicals, peed in cups, filled more paperwork, hurried up, waited, hurried up and waited, waited some more, did interviews, and then waited ALOT more. And finally just got the call, I am going to AZ and then to NM to do some training at a FLETC center for joining the United States Customs and Border Patrol. Hold your applause please! Naw, thats ok, let it rip! [smile]

In any event glad to be moving on to a new career, the pizza delivering business was great an all but, gotta aim a bit higher to feed my new(ish) gun habits. I think I would be based somewhere in Tuscon, first orders of business will be getting my CCW in my stationed state and notifying the appropriate folks about my change in address... I already got my first few paychecks figured out after I get settled in. A 1911 Build and an AR15 build/ out right buy, finally money to feed my bad habits woo hoo!!! I can almost smell the reloading and burnt powder already *sigh* Exit Date Feb. 21st!

Congrats! A good friend of mine from college just wrapped up down there. Make sure you get your Spanish down, they separate people who are top of their game in every other area. Stay safe, send pictures and stories from freedom.

Congratulations! On getting the job AND getting out of Mass. How long did the process take from test date to hire? How was the process beyond the test itself? I'm planning on scheduling a test in the upcoming weeks.

Congrats!!!!! When you get down there, don't forget to come back
and post from time to time. [grin]

-Mike

Congratulations! On getting the job AND getting out of Mass. How long did the process take from test date to hire? How was the process beyond the test itself? I'm planning on scheduling a test in the upcoming weeks.

Jeez making me think now... uhm I believe I did some online stuff in or around late August early September. Actual test date, not sure, although I the got test results back on Sept. 24, notifying that I did pass the test. So like Mid August to late Feb. from first idea to full on go ahead. pretty much 6 months. They take their DAMN time, and background check is just.... creepy. Never really thought I would go this route in my life, course never really knew where I was going anyway... so it's as good as any! Its physical, demanding, gotta work language skills, diplomacy, and get paid to shoot guns, and get into great shape. How can ya go wrong!
I'm 27, and 30 was looming way too fast, and well, pizza doesn't offer a 401K....
I would reccomend checking out the site honorfirst.com and even buy the study guide there, I didn't and only came across this site recently I really wish I found it MONTHS ago its a great resource and tells you alot about what you will really need to know.

Try the Rosetta Stone brand of language courses, supposed to be the best and one of the easiest to learn from.

Oh, and congrat's on the career change. Keep the faith, brother!

Excellent career choice ! I love the southwest, I passed through there back in the late '70's when I got out of the Navy.

Best of luck to you.

Good for you man! Woot Woot! What is your mile? I am currently running a 9 minute mile and my police academy is in June. Keep us all posted. I always wanted to do BP...have fun, stay safe.

Good for you man! Woot Woot! What is your mile? I am currently running a 9 minute mile and my police academy is in June. Keep us all posted. I always wanted to do BP...have fun, stay safe.

Well I got like 6 years of track and field under my belt, so the running aint that bad on a decent day I can pull 1.5miles on the treadmill in 11mins. In my prime back in the day I ran a 5:40 1500,(100m shy of a mile)and that was in a decathalon and YEARS ago. Course getting back into that caliber shape will take some serious doing. I dunno if finishing up to 4 mins ahead of the other guys is a good thing... [laugh] If I get their attention they may want great things from me... low on the radar just blend in... Its actually the other pt thats got me a little nervous, the pushup area, sophmore year in highschool I blew out both shoulders trying to max 235 on the bench I weighed 145 at the time, I got 205 and some kids slapped on a few more plates and said try that... I was only 2 inches from getting past the break point, but shoulders got all hot on me instead and really sore. never got them drilled or looked at. And they have ALOT of noise in them now, and they occasionally flare up, but aleve is my savior! so tough it out for now and when I get that great health care/vacation package then I will get em fixed up.

Thats fantastic, I know a lot of good people working with US customs at Bradley Int'l airport. Keep us posted, good luck and safe.

Back
Top Bottom