• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm looking for a small revolver with easy/light trigger for wife (arthritis is worse)

we are also looking for a revolver for her for the nightstand etc (BUT with easy/gentle trigger).
For the nightstand (not carry), I'd call your attention to the GP100. With a professional trigger job can have a very light trigger pull with reliable ignition.

Interjecing in the S&W luvfest here.
I forget the make but there's a double .22 revolver the has a trigger you can put two fingers on and fires 2 shots with one pull.
Probably unavailable in Mass tho.

S&W revolver any model can be set up for 6lbs double action by any competent pistol smith. I have done it many times in the past when I was still doing pistol/revolver work. Less then 6lbs will make the revolver unreliable. Howeve a good smith can make the 6lbs trigger so smooth it will feel like a 3lbs pull.
It only takes springs and action work. If the revolver has an exposed hammer a proper 6lbs action job will make single action feel less then 1lbs.

My wife picked up a Weigand custom 442 with a trigger that was worked on. She had difficulty with it as DAO. She got a LCR .38 and has no problems. I really like the Weigand 442, 'cuz now it's mine.

Didn't he say she had arthritis?

The karate guys have known forever that the way to keep arthritis at bay is to keep strength up.

The karate guys have known forever that the way to keep arthritis at bay is to keep strength up.
He didn't come here and ask how his wife can increase her hand strength. He asked about revolvers.

Ruger SP101 2.25 inch in .38 would shoot well. Trigger pull feels quite a bit lighter than a S&W 642, at least my samples to compare with, and it's noticeably heavier so easier to manage as a nightstand gun. Decent amount of grip options - I like the Pachmayr compacs on mine. Great little home snubby for the home office underneath desk magnet too. Inked20201220_000350_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Ruger SP101 2.25 inch in .38 would shoot well. Trigger pull feels quite a bit lighter than a S&W 642, at least my samples to compare with, and it's noticeably heavier so easier to manage as a nightstand gun. Decent amount of grip options - I like the Pachmayr compacs on mine. Great little home snubby for the home office underneath desk magnet too.View attachment 517410
You can easily change to lighter springs for the sp101

I have an S&W 442 with trigger work done by Santurri LTD. The pull feels considerably lighter and smoother than when I bought it.

You can easily change to lighter springs for the sp101
Yes I would have liked that too but decided against it as every gun safety instructor recommended not to modify a stock trigger pull or anything action-wise on a home defense gun or the DA could [however rare] try to use that to bury you. Grips lights or better sights seem 'okay'. Does that sound right? My range Beretta has about as light a single action as you can get though.

Yes I would have liked that too but decided against it as every gun safety instructor recommended not to modify a stock trigger pull or anything action-wise on a home defense gun or the DA could [however rare] try to use that to bury you. Grips lights or better sights seem 'okay'. Does that sound right? My range Beretta has about as light a single action as you can get though.
I modified my 92FS as well 😂

Back
Top Bottom