• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm looking for a rear sight for a Carcano rifle??

I need a rear sight for a Carcano I just picked up. There's 2 inches between the sight mounts. I think this is the one i need. I've looked online, can't seem to find one..

M91-24_Carcano_005.JPG

carcano rifles: never fired, only dropped once... and the sights fell off. nice guns [rolleyes]

You should read up on them before you spread the rumor that they're junk. They're actually pretty strong, use a special alloy in the receivers, and have three lugs (bolt head and bolt handle). I read an article by a guy that was asked to make a video of what happens when you over charge a round. He eventually gave up on getting the "POS" to explode from what could be a possible "User error", and filled a case with a small amount of C4.

You should read up on them before you spread the rumor that they're junk. They're actually pretty strong, use a special alloy in the receivers, and have three lugs (bolt head and bolt handle). I read an article by a guy that was asked to make a video of what happens when you over charge a round. He eventually gave up on getting the "POS" to explode from what could be a possible "User error", and filled a case with a small amount of C4.

Fair enough. I have fired them, handled them and worked on them so reading up is not entirely necessary. However, I was never debating the strength of the action. A strong action alone doesn't automatically equate to a good gun... A strong action is just one facet of what goes into a good rifle. So what we have with a carcano is a shitty rifle with a really strong, but shitty action.

My neighbor Mr. Oswald might have an old one laying around.......
If he's your neighbor, either you're his mother, Marguerite, (on one side) or you're "Nick Beef", on the other side of LHO's grave...either way, to be Lee Harvey Oswalds neighbor, you have to be dead...thanks for coming back and answering this post. :)
Next to Lee Harvey Oswald's burial site: A grave secret

- - - Updated - - -

My neighbor Mr. Oswald might have an old one laying around.......
If he's your neighbor, either you're his mother, Marguerite, (on one side) or you're "Nick Beef", on the other side of LHO's grave...either way, to be Lee Harvey Oswalds neighbor, you have to be dead...thanks for coming back and answering this post. :)
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1358458/posts

Back
Top Bottom