I'm in trouble with the wife!!

I took my wife shooting last night for her first time and she is now hooked! A friend of mine was able to take us up to Singletary Rod and Gun as guests so we could see the club before joining. I set her up with a 10/22 and A Ruger 22 pistol so that she could get used to shooting with out being scared of it and she was all smiles from ear to ear! She even tried the .357 lever action rifle (loaded with .38 Special +P) I have and my SKS with a scope. It looks like my bank account is going to be in trouble!!

I was a little surprised that she liked it as much as she did, but it will be a fun hobby for the two of us to enjoy!

My dad and I found it years ago. He worked for Immigration, and back then they carried .357 revolvers as their side arm. They were issued 500 rds a quarter for practice plus you could usually ask for more, so it made for some cheap shooting with the family!! That was well over ten years ago and he left me over a dozen boxes still!!

I took my wife shooting last night for her first time and she is now hooked! A friend of mine was able to take us up to Singletary Rod and Gun as guests so we could see the club before joining. I set her up with a 10/22 and A Ruger 22 pistol so that she could get used to shooting with out being scared of it and she was all smiles from ear to ear! She even tried the .357 lever action rifle (loaded with .38 Special +P) I have and my SKS with a scope. It looks like my bank account is going to be in trouble!!

I was a little surprised that she liked it as much as she did, but it will be a fun hobby for the two of us to enjoy!

It gets worse! I bought a Saiga 7.62x39 and when she found out I got the cold shoulder and a scowl for two weeks. When I brought HER Saiga home all was forgiven. Take your firearm allowance and double it from now on. I can't buy a firearm anymore unless I bring her something home. If I don't I'm sleeping on the couch.

It gets worse! I bought a Saiga 7.62x39 and when she found out I got the cold shoulder and a scowl for two weeks. When I brought HER Saiga home all was forgiven. Take your firearm allowance and double it from now on. I can't buy a firearm anymore unless I bring her something home. If I don't I'm sleeping on the couch.

Some of us have the same problem, so I bought an awesome couch.....

Good for you! Getting the wife invloved = more guns! Be sure to buy a bigger gun safe for all your new "acquisitions". [smile]

Once she gets comfortable, SEND her for a training day with someone or a good institution. Boosted my wifes confidence and comfort level. And other people can push significant others easier, to a higher level. She'll either love it or hate it (most love it) and you'll be a hero. And off the couch if it goes bad

Ugh... if you have a .45 she likes you are in real trouble. Believe me, you think she's expensive now?

Good on ya though. Gratz. Reps inbound.

Once she gets comfortable, SEND her for a training day with someone or a good institution. Boosted my wifes confidence and comfort level. And other people can push significant others easier, to a higher level. She'll either love it or hate it (most love it) and you'll be a hero. And off the couch if it goes bad

THIS!

If she's comfortable sharing a bed with you than on some level she thinks you're an idiot, outsource her learning for the best results.

I think it is really cool when a spouse discovers she enjoys something that you like. My first wife really got into shooting as well as one of my shooting buddies...needless to say this common interest provided a solid basis for their relationship and subsequent marriage after the divorce. [wink] She also got half of the gun collection...

That's really great!!! Wish my wife was still into it. She usto love to go shooting "before we had kids"

Now she wants nothing to do with it & says I should sell ALL my guns...

Now that's "NEVER" gonna happen!!!

We're in the process of moving so we decided to put some of our guns (that we don't shoot) up for consignment.
We decided I wouldn't come home with anything, but I saw a SP101 8 shot .22 there, and knowing she was knterested in one, called her from the shop.
She told me it was OK to came home with it [smile]

I think it is really cool when a spouse discovers she enjoys something that you like. My first wife really got into shooting as well as one of my shooting buddies...needless to say this common interest provided a solid basis for their relationship and subsequent marriage after the divorce. [wink] She also got half of the gun collection...
[shocked] Wow dude, that sucks.

It was the same way with me when I took my mom to the range. Let her fire my Beretta 92fs, Ruger LC9 and my .308 savage. She was a little hesitant to fire the rife but had a lot of fun with the pistols. Now I just gotta find a girl who feels the same way [grin]

Back
Top Bottom