• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

im going to pick up a couple of polish p-64s monday

mac1911

NES Member
I hope to be heading out to pick up a pair of P64 pistols 9x18. I have a hard time not getting these affordable offerings in either 7.62x25 or 9x18
the CZs,TT-33s,markarov's and all the clones.....what would a TT-33 run today if newly manufactured in the states ?

any of those guns are fun to shoot and good guns for the money. I have a few CZs models and a few TT33 variants and a few other 9x18 or 7.62x25 pistols all 300.00 or less most under 200.00 and all work as they should.

Cold War era firearms are hot right now...especially warsaw pact and communist satellite countries.

im still a liitle surprised there are no us manufactures building a 7.62x25 hand gun

Probably because there's no big demand for 7.62x25 outside the milsurp shooters' world. It's not an ideal round for your average Joe citizen living in metropolis due to it's tendency to overpenetrate. It's an ideal round in a warzone. That little round will get through level (?) armor.

Probably because there's no big demand for 7.62x25 outside the milsurp shooters' world. It's not an ideal round for your average Joe citizen living in metropolis due to it's tendency to overpenetrate. It's an ideal round in a warzone. That little round will get through level (?) armor.

Level 2 vest last time I checked.

I have a CZ 82, p-64, P-1 or P-38 and some version of the Tokarev on my to-buy list. Saw a well used Tok today, and a CZ 2? (didn't look too closely) in the case as well. Then I saw a nice Makarov, I'm contemplating it as I type this.

So many C&R's so little $ [sad]

Is the 357 Sig round base on a 762x25 round.

Its a necked down .40 S&W.

Last edited:
for the sub 250.00 range the CZ 82s are fun and accurate the DA pull is a bit stout but mine are a smooth pull

The withdrawals are getting bad. Must. Buy. C&R. Searching my favorite places at this very moment looking for the best price-to-condition ratio I can find. I think I need either 2 82's or 64's. I'll get one of each, then a second of the one I like better (in not so great of shape) to use as a loaner/beater. For the price, cant go wrong.

home at last

View attachment 19981 finally got a chance to snap a quick pick.
2 P-64s matching numbers, one even has a matching magazine, the other one is off by one digit. Great shape, functioned 100%. No chips in the grips.
Nice neat little gun. With the HEAVY DA ist pull, its laughable. Trigger is smooth and breaks nicely. For 160.00 ea, decent holsters(not that I would use them) How can you go wrong with these neat, well built something to talk about guns.
I tend to by these type of guns in pairs. Helps in assembly, spare parts on hand ect ect.
ARV , If I had to choose between the CZ82 and the P64 I would go the CZ82 1st the P64 is only 6 rounds and the mag is typical 9x18 and not easy to load.

Last edited:
I actually just ordered a 82 hand select yesterday. The P64 will follow shortly. Which ever I decide I like better over all for what ever reason (size, weight, over all condition of what have you) I'll order a 2nd standard grade to use as a "I don't care if you scratch/drop/hammer nails with this one" type range loaner and general knock around fun gun. But the collection needs a nice example to take to the range and baby first [smile]

Brown Santa just dropped off my P-64. Came as a complete shock. I ordered it Wednesday, and was online today to see if the order had processed yet, when the doorbell rang! Wow, that was quick!

I chose the handpick option, and I have to say this thing looks BRAND NEW. The holster is brand new, too, and has that great, new-leather smell. Got an additional mag to go with it, so I'm looking forward to hitting the range ASAP. Manufacture date on this one is 1968.

My CZ82 has a new little brother who likes the same chow!

careful, I think I pulled a hamstring trying to yank the first DA trigger pull back. I left the target at work but at a aprox12-15' on the single action mode I put all 9 rounds in about 2" just slightly low and right to the POA. The 3 shots I tried in the DA mode went about 6" high.....neat guns. I may get the lighter springs to help the 40+lb trigger yank

I keep waffling between a CZ52 and a Tok.

That being said, I love my Mak, and after the first 250 rounds went bang without a malfunction, it replaced my snub 38 as my carry piece.

the cz52 is a tank of a gun, I love mine I like my tok also but the butchered safties really suck.
what type of Mak do you have ?

Bulgarian. Didn't have my C&R, but always wanted a Mak. Shoots to point of aim and handles well. I use PPK holsters for it and they seem to fit pretty well.

I keep waffling between a CZ52 and a Tok.

That being said, I love my Mak, and after the first 250 rounds went bang without a malfunction, it replaced my snub 38 as my carry piece.

Ive got a 52 I picked up off a member here. Nice gun. I have to pick up a Tok too, but the roller locked action of the 52 was interesting enough to give it priority. That and I like how it looks. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom