I'm Disgusted

Just curious, is it individual companies that make that call as far as what hate speech is, or do they just generally sort of sign up for a service and some other company decides what their line in the sand is?

I'm not an IT/MIS guy but I'm assuming there must be parameters that the client can set for what they want to filter.

I hear you 100%. It gets old, there is no doubt. People crying about the rights of this group or that group being violated, while they rip into 2a out the other side of their mouths. Sometimes you just have to say “f*** em’” and walk away for a bit to keep your sanity...

Never quit though. That's what they want. That's why they do what they do. They want you think quit.

Gentlemen,

I have officially checked out of reading the news or keeping up with current events. I have blocked all the news pages and firearms related ones on Facebook, I don't watch the news anymore, I try to avoid any discussions about politics, guns, or anything related.

I simply can't take it anymore. I was hoping with the election of Trump that this bullshite would stop for a few years. Now even HE is shanking us in the back. Is there really any point in even voting anymore? The guy gets an NRA endorsement and still Fvcks us over.

I am resigned to the fact that in a few years, all semi autos will be banned and they will be coming for our 6 shooters and shotguns. It seems like a lost cause. Even coming here and reading depresses me. I just wanted to vent and hopefully get some feedback that will cheer me up.

I see what you're talking about and I've done some of the same things. then again I've always generally hated MSM "news" etc. IMHO MSM insults the intelligence of
millions of americans.

That said, I refuse to act or think defeated- if we all take that standpoint, the trains will come sooner and we will be shoved into them- disarmed. f*** that noise- we must not allow that to happen. Just because the media dbags make a lot of noise doesn't mean they're automatically going to get their way. Not that I necessarily am a trump fan, but look at what they did with trump- whining, huing and braying about how he sucked and was going to lose, and this and that and the other thing. Political movemnets, whether its defeating shitlery, or keeping guns from getting banned/generally keeping people from shitting on the 2nd amendment, are much bigger than just one facet.

I used to think this way before I got an LTC. I even used to rationalize "Well, why bother, they already banned most of the useful shit anyways" but I was wrong about
that. As time goes on the thing that keeps entering my mind is how important this fight is- and how f***ing stupid it would be- to lose everything- yet have millions of people on our side- that would be the biggest travesty imaginable. There will be losses in the margins but it's important to think beyond that. We need to move beyond just throwing 20 bucks at the NRA (or whatever they get for a membership now) and mobilizing support at various levels.

-Mike

I tried logging onto NES during my break at work today. Site is now blocked under "weapons" and "hate speech."
Clearly they think all this talk about chiggers in the comments above contains ulterior meanings. That being said I work in a pharmacy currently and the conversations that brew between the staff members and the customers in the waiting area is always so loaded these days. Definitely can't just let them walk over you though or else.

I think all the media hype amounts to air, more propaganda than fact. Watching and believing less and less of it myself. I'm not worried about Trump because the media has reported he said something, whether good, bad, outrageous or insensitive. I'll look at his actions. He is the President. If he signs a law that sends our rights spiraling down the bowl, it's because our elected representatives in Congress got the first crack at it, and voted for it. If your vote wasn't worth anything, sh*theads wouldn't be trying so hard to sway it. Stand by what you believe in and never give up. Support those who share your beliefs. (Yes, the check to renew green has been mailed) Remember your screen name.

I think some of the shit he has said is despicable WRT his words; but his actions (or lack thereof, perhaps?) are ultimately more important.

Bear in mind the executive is supposed to be a check against this shit. If he doesn't veto a shitty anti bill and signs it instead, yeah, its the fault of congress- yes- but a president is supposed to veto bad shit that marginally passes the house and senate- which most gun control, if it gets that far, would be a skin of teeth affair.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom