• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm completely confused...glock 47

It had to be posted....[cheers]

18tw5u.jpg
Why put wood on a hunk of scrap? [rofl]

Yes, and it's not a terrible idea from a business perspective. None of this is new outside of maybe the recoil spring slot in the slide. And they know the market seems to eat up this type of modularity. It's like women have shoes and handbags and guys now have slides and grip modules.
Not new at all. Like AR Lowers and uppers. Adult legos, Bud.

I'm behind the times, are they releasing it for public purchase?

It's basically just a tricked out G17 to win the CBP pistol competition. Mine was a tack driver out past 50 yards.
Yes they just released it.

How did it stack up to you with a g45 or g17

I'm not doubting you just curious if you noticed any different

I'm a Glock maniac but I don't like this at all.

They are trying to solve a problem that does not exist.

Just get a G45. You'll have the capacity of a G17 frame and the compactness of a G19 slide.

Or, just get a Gen 3 G19. After a G19 - there is the point of diminishing returns.

Glock needs to come out with a Gen 5 G20 - 10mm.

I am waiting for a 17L slide on a 26 frame.
DIY - it's been done before (not my photo).

G17KK.JPG

I cut down a G21 to fit G30 mags and two G17s to fit G19 mags.

I like the longer slide to maintain barrel length and sight radius, and the shorter grip to aid in concealment.

Too bad Glock doesn't offer that setup from the factory.

My photo:

EDC Glock 17k.jpg

Last edited:
Yes they just released it.

How did it stack up to you with a g45 or g17

I'm not doubting you just curious if you noticed any different
Only other Glocks I've shot: G23 in 9 and 40, and I'm still working on figuring out the 43x I bought.

I did get some trigger time with the 19 I guess, I had to shoot it a little as an instructor. After the 3rd or 4th bruise on my hand from reloads, I didn't shoot it anymore. It's a big gun though, other than a competition gun, I really have no reason to buy one other than the novelty of owning the gun I carried (I think they are doing a special run for agents per my earlier comment). I can tell you agency wide qual scores went up a good bit over the HnK. Normally we'd have to requal 4-5 people a class. My class was the 3rd or 4th class with the 47, didn't have to requal a single person. I guess that says something about the gun.

The specs are out there, the RFP was public. I can tell you the gun was put through the ringer to get the CBP contract. I know some of the guys who were part of the testing, they put up with no BS, this was 'the' best gun of the 4 or 5 manufacturers that tried to get the contract.

I'm not really a 'gun' guy. I just like to shoot. Put a gun in my hands, I'm happy.

Only other Glocks I've shot: G23 in 9 and 40, and I'm still working on figuring out the 43x I bought.

I did get some trigger time with the 19 I guess, I had to shoot it a little as an instructor. After the 3rd or 4th bruise on my hand from reloads, I didn't shoot it anymore. It's a big gun though, other than a competition gun, I really have no reason to buy one other than the novelty of owning the gun I carried (I think they are doing a special run for agents per my earlier comment). I can tell you agency wide qual scores went up a good bit over the HnK. Normally we'd have to requal 4-5 people a class. My class was the 3rd or 4th class with the 47, didn't have to requal a single person. I guess that says something about the gun.

The specs are out there, the RFP was public. I can tell you the gun was put through the ringer to get the CBP contract. I know some of the guys who were part of the testing, they put up with no BS, this was 'the' best gun of the 4 or 5 manufacturers that tried to get the contract.

I'm not really a 'gun' guy. I just like to shoot. Put a gun in my hands, I'm happy.
You are correct it was a specific run for some agency..i forget which but they just made it public

The one benefit i can kinda see has been mentioned

Other than that it's the same gun as a 17 and 45. Which is why i was curious if maybe the shorter spring helped on follow up shots or something

DIY - it's been done before (not my photo).

View attachment 705740

I cut down a G21 to fit G30 mags and two G17s to fit G19 mags.

I like the longer slide to maintain barrel length and sight radius, and the shorter grip to aid in concealment.

Too bad Glock doesn't offer that setup from the factory.

My photo:

View attachment 705739

You might like a G48. With a Shield Arms mag and mag release you get 15+1 instead of factory 10+1.
It's same frame as a 43X, but longer slide.
I have both, I use the 43X as a concealed carry, the 48 for CCP division of IDPA.
I really like the grip, but that's because I really don't like the grip of a 19, just too "chunky" for me.

For unconcealed carry/use, I'm partial to the 17/34/31 frame. Couple of mine have undercuts on the trigger guards that a friend/gunsmith did for me and they just FIT. Too big for concealed carry if I want it to be truly concealed - thus the 43X.

G47 is a G45 frame and essentially a 19L slide. It’s a 17 length barrel but has the hood to extend from a 19 to 17 length like a 17L or 34 slide on a 17 frame.

So as shipped its functionally a G17 but you can take the new slide and put it on a standard 19 frame and you have a 19L which does not otherwise exist.

It will sell because it’s a glock. Whether it sells as more than a “complete the collection” gun or “have all service pistols” gun is unclear. Arguably it’s a “better” 17 MOS than the current model.

Since when has “sense” factored into a gun purchase? I thought it was all about justification. You know, I “need” one of these, therefore it’s justified…

True, although, I'd argue it is less alluring for someone who only owns a G17. This gun is largely replicating that gun, and you miss out on the 2 guns = 4 modularity if you don't already have a G19. But Glock knows their audience and knows most people looking at this does own a G19. Or at the very least, this makes an excuse to later buy a G19.

Only Glock would release a Glock 45 that isn't chambered in .45 ACP. But then, only Glock would think it was a good idea to create a new .45 cartridge that is only marginally different from .45 ACP, then try to sell it in the US as better than .45 ACP.
Well, I’m the only one in this room qualified to handle a Glock model 40, in .40 S&W!!

True, although, I'd argue it is less alluring for someone who only owns a G17. This gun is largely replicating that gun, and you miss out on the 2 guns = 4 modularity if you don't already have a G19. But Glock knows their audience and knows most people looking at this does own a G19. Or at the very least, this makes an excuse to later buy a G19.
How do you not own a G19?

NES street cred, revoked!

Holy crap, knock that shit off. If my wife ever found out they were modular I’d be so screwed. I told her I had to buy all of them, because they weren’t modular…

You are correct it was a specific run for some agency..i forget which but they just made it public

The one benefit i can kinda see has been mentioned

Other than that it's the same gun as a 17 and 45. Which is why i was curious if maybe the shorter spring helped on follow up shots or something
The spring change increased rate of fire from what I was told. A lot of guys were swapping in the 17 spring from what I was hearing. It was a 'talking point' about the gun among the old school shooters.

How do you not own a G19?

NES street cred, revoked!

That's funny. The 19 is one of the few 9mm Glocks I don't own. I just don't like the feel of it in my hands.

The 43X, (and the 48), fill in nicely between the narrow single stack 43 and the "chunky" feel of the 19 grip.

And for range guns, (or open or knapsack carry), I've got 17's, 34's and a 31 with a conversion barrel.

I'm a Glock maniac but I don't like this at all.

They are trying to solve a problem that does not exist.

Just get a G45. You'll have the capacity of a G17 frame and the compactness of a G19 slide.

Or, just get a Gen 3 G19. After a G19 - there is the point of diminishing returns.

Glock needs to come out with a Gen 5 G20 - 10mm.
I wish Glock would release something that can rival the Sig 365 Macro. Something that can hold 17 rds in a slim, carry profile. I love my 43X with Shield S15 mags but I wish something with a slightly longer barrel and 2 more rounds capacity existed.

Back
Top Bottom