I'm completely confused...glock 47

Is it a compact frame? I thought the 45 was the same size a 17
LOL, now I'm second guessing myself but I think the Glock 45 and the 19x are the same frame, so more compact (shorter) than a G17 frame. The benefit of it being a 47 is that I could mount a 19 slide or a 17 slide that I already own, so different setups can quickly be achieved.

17/31/22, 19/32/23 or 21/20 are the only frames that exist to me as I hate subcompacts

I ignore the rest and can't even keep up with the numbers anymore.

Last edited:
LOL, now I'm second guessing myself but I think the Glock 45 and the 19x are the same frame, so more compact (shorter) than a G17 frame. The benefit of it being a 47 is that I could mount a 19 slide or a 17 slide that I already own, so different setups can quickly be achieved.

I think this is it. The shorter dust cover of the G45 frame and the shorter recoil spring on this slide means if you own a G47 and a G19, that equals about 4 pistols worth of configurations.
  • G19
  • G19X
  • G47 (functionally, a G17)
  • G17 slide on G19 frame.
Now whether or not that makes sense for a purchase is up to the individual.

This is basically Glock’s equivalent of Sig mixing and matching slides and grips and calling it a new model.

Yes, and it's not a terrible idea from a business perspective. None of this is new outside of maybe the recoil spring slot in the slide. And they know the market seems to eat up this type of modularity. It's like women have shoes and handbags and guys now have slides and grip modules.

Only Glock would release a Glock 45 that isn't chambered in .45 ACP. But then, only Glock would think it was a good idea to create a new .45 cartridge that is only marginally different from .45 ACP, then try to sell it in the US as better than .45 ACP.

Last edited:
I was just saying to a buddy the other day - I've got 5 different 9mm Glock models. One G19. A 26. Then 3 40-somethings. It's stupid. I need to get shooting again, stick with a platform (single or double stack) and move on. It's silly.

We need this like a hole in the head. At some point, the model's become too awash with everything. You need to mix and match to get what you want. 30 different (31?) pistol models seems a bit excessive for effectively the SAME PLATFORM.

I was just saying to a buddy the other day - I've got 5 different 9mm Glock models. One G19. A 26. Then 3 40-somethings. It's stupid. I need to get shooting again, stick with a platform (single or double stack) and move on. It's silly.

We need this like a hole in the head. At some point, the model's become too awash with everything. You need to mix and match to get what you want. 30 different (31?) pistol models seems a bit excessive for effectively the SAME PLATFORM.

I feel like they peaked at gen 3.

So glock released the 47 model

A g45 frame with a 17 slide? So a glock 17?

I'm so confused
The Glock 45 frame is a tiny bit different than the G17 frame. I suppose the "best" part of it is the slightly flaired magazine well.

I just picked up a Glock 45 MOS. I think it's great and the concept of a G19 slide on a fullsize frame is pretty slick and practicle. Not sure why the feds wanted the 47 as the 45 would be just fine.

If you already own 6 Glock pistols 17, 19 22 26 43X and 48 is there really a hole that these mix and match parts bin guns fill, and yes I know the 43X and 48 are parts bin creations

The funny thing is that, had Glock the foresight, they'd have made everything interchangeable since at least 3rd generation. Instead, Sig beat them to it, and now they're playing catchup.

Like, this:
I am waiting for a 17L slide on a 26 frame.
Should be 100% possible, if only for the LULZ. But it's not.

PERFECTION

Not sure why the feds wanted the 47 as the 45 would be just fine.
Gotsta get that extra velocity, mang!

Gotsta get that extra velocity, mang!

I would love to know why they want the 17 length on the slide/barrel. While I can see individual cops wanting it (hell, I probably would), in reality the 45 is just a lot more practical. That slightly shorter slide makes carrying it around all day that much less annoying.

The funny thing is that, had Glock the foresight, they'd have made everything interchangeable since at least 3rd generation. Instead, Sig beat them to it, and now they're playing catchup.
Glock Gen 5 engineers: “hey, let’s slightly shorten the recoil assembly on full size pistols”
Glock: “For some performance improvement?”
Gen 5 engineers: “nah”
Glock: “okay”

Real question is, will it be on the list and the secret list? And will it be "RARE IN MA"? lol.

It had to be posted....[cheers]

18tw5u.jpg

So glock released the 47 model

A g45 frame with a 17 slide? So a glock 17?

I'm so confused
I'm behind the times, are they releasing it for public purchase?

It's basically just a tricked out G17 to win the CBP pistol competition. Mine was a tack driver out past 50 yards.

19 frame & 17 slide
The 47 is a '20ish' frame, I forget but one of the 20 series Glocks with a 17 slide. I didn't carry the 19 because it would pinch my damn hand during reloads. The 47, only real problem I ever had was a little slide bite that the dovetail took care of.

Same problem I have with my 43, but no dovetail I can put on it.

I was going to buy one, but it was supposed to be essentially Border Patrol Agents only, I'm guessing blue shirts could buy them as well. I guess we'll still get a 'deal' on it, so I guess I'll still buy one. I thought I was going to be special though.

Back
Top Bottom