• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm calling it before it happens.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Since this hurricane is heading straight to Florida, Gov Bush being he competent public official that he is, will have his state prepared for the incoming storm. Thing will go fairly smoothly, considering it is going to cross the entire width of the state. And it will only be a matter of time before the Liberal Media starts to spout off that the President gave special treatment and resources to Florida because his brother is the Governor.

[roll]

You sir are correct!

Funny how that works huh? When a state and it's residents actually heed warnings and take the correct and sensible precautions things will go well... Not just sitting on their asses and then cry when bad shit happens...

Adam

My favorite thing about the Liberal Media is when everything goes smoothly down in Florida after the hurricane passes no recognition of the great work and preparadness of the President or Governor will be heard or mentioned, only when things go wrong it is worth bringing up.

Cptn5spd said:
My favorite thing about the Liberal Media is when everything goes smoothly down in Florida after the hurricane passes no recognition of the great work and preparadness of the President or Governor will be heard or mentioned, only when things go wrong it is worth bringing up.

Because news is about caos and drama. Without it, there's no news.

Uh, folks? Were you under the misaprehension that the business of the news media is to inform the public?

Got a hot news flash for you: their business is to sell advertising and (for the newspapers) to sell advertising and newspapers. Go ahead and ask them. That's what they'll tell you. They're not trying to inform, and they've taken no oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

When it comes down to it, they're doing what they do to make money.

Speaking of selling newspapers, The Glob, er Globe, isn't. They're offering early retirement incentives to some of the veteran employees to get them off the payroll. If that fails to cut enough positions, they are going to start laying people off.

Their parent organization the New York Times, has already started cutting staff.

Maybe it's the effect of cable news, maybe it's the Internet, or just maybe people are getting fed up with liberal bias in the news.

Gary

I will be there in Florida

I will be at DisneyWorld the week of Wilma. I will let you know how it went when I return on Friday 10/28. I too believe that it will go smoothly and that there will be a backlash from the media about special treatment.

Back
Top Bottom