I'm actually shocked at this, I shouldnt be but I am.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
"Lockyer said coding handgun ammunition could help identify suspects in many of the murders and other violent crimes that go unsolved every year. But, while many other consumer products are tagged with tracking numbers during the manufacturing process, no other state or country has attempted to set up such a system for ammunition.

Aides to Lockyer said the proposal would add less than a penny to the cost of a cartridge. But representatives of the firearms industry warned it would be prohibitively expensive. "

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20050823-1700-cnsbullets.html

What is more amazing is that tax dollars pay for these morons to come up with these great ideas.

I wish the Govenor would just say. "Alright Lockyer, we will do it. If the crime rate doesn't go down, and the price of a box of ammo goes up more than 50 cents we can shoot you"

I found the link on http://www.ravnwood.com/

How are they going to tag ammo so you know who bought it after it's been shot? if the head has fragmented? How will you know you have the right number or whatever?

I didn't read the article, so if it's in there. I'm sorry. I'll get to read it later.

I can't believe it actually passed the state senate. But wait, this is Kalifornia, our very own communist state.

What about people that reload? Are they going to do this to those heads as well?

And if this passed in CA, then just have all the ammunition manufacturers refuse to sell in CA. Then see how quickly this gets changed. All LEOs not having ammo?

It did say that the LEOs in CA were against this. That's a good sign.

C-pher said:
How are they going to tag ammo so you know who bought it after it's been shot? if the head has fragmented? How will you know you have the right number or whatever?

I didn't read the article, so if it's in there. I'm sorry. I'll get to read it later.

Almost impossible to do, and that's the point. They aren't trying to track ammo, they're trying a "back door ban" on it. If you can't make the gun illegal, make the ammo illegal.

Somebody ought to put a big nuke, right on the San Andreas Fault, and break them off, before they contaminate the rest of the country. Kommiefornia Klowns!

There are so many things wrong with that bill. It just goes to show that the lawmakers in CA all hate guns.

Again, then they wanted to have something that stamps the casing when shot?

How's that going to work for people that buy and sell brass for people that reload.

I have abou 8 .45s. If I were to cycle them through all of them, then leave my brass on the ground. ANd someone picks it up, reloads it, shoots someone. There's going to be MANY different numbers on that casing. I might be in hot water for nothing.

Can you imagine the issues that would cause?

It has nothing to do with tracking criminals guys. It has everything to do with making OUR lives harder and making it tougher to be a gun owner. Period. They want to disarm us. Period.

"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."

(Edward Abbey)

Ken

Back
Top Bottom