• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm a Firearms instructor who looking to purchase a squib damaged pistol. Anyone have one they want to sell?

OP, serious answer - Call Magnun Research, you might get them to send you a blown up barrel.

When I blew mine up, they returned my barrel and spent some time on the phone telling me how they get a lot of blown up guns, mostly because they shoot Hornady lever action ammo and they manual says to not shoot that ammo.

Their customer service is very nice, it is a small company so you won't get some drone that doesn't give a sh*t.
thanks man

why? because showing videos and pics is cool. but i think hands on a firearm that obviously was blown apart really drives the point home. hope i was able to answer your question
Agreed. That is exactly how I used the bulged 1911 barrel back when I taught classes. When talking about the dangers of squib loads it is easy for that to go in one ear and out the other. Giving them a damaged gun to look at and hold makes it a lot more real and memorable.

why? because showing videos and pics is cool. but i think hands on a firearm that obviously was blown apart really drives the point home. hope i was able to answer your question
Good enough. I wish I had access to my old armory, we had dozens of them.

Big pics on a billboard with piles of first aif kit stuff will get the point across post haste. If it doesn't, get new students.

Buy yourself a cheep pistol.
Pull a bullet and dump the powder, reassemble cartridge. You don't even need a reloader, just tap it in place.. Place pistol in vice with a string on the trigger and hide behind a tree.

There you now have one. If its not damaged enough, load a completely live cartridge in there, and hide behind a tree.

RC

Agreed. That is exactly how I used the bulged 1911 barrel back when I taught classes. When talking about the dangers of squib loads it is easy for that to go in one ear and out the other. Giving them a damaged gun to look at and hold makes it a lot more real and memorable.
does any of 9mm standard loads have enough pressure to actually rapture a barrel? i kinda doubt it.

shooting all my life - never had a squib. duds - a lot, but to get it stuck in the barrel - nope.

Back
Top Bottom