I'm a Firearms instructor who looking to purchase a squib damaged pistol. Anyone have one they want to sell?

Does anyone have a squib damaged pistol they want to sell? I'm an instructor and would like to use in class. Thanks in advance

I had a squib using this brand. Apparently not uncommon if you’d like to make your own and just not clear it.

Attachments

• B62638B3-A6E5-4F54-9F9C-EE1B04B447FF.jpeg
    B62638B3-A6E5-4F54-9F9C-EE1B04B447FF.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 0BB4ACA5-02FB-4C8F-BC38-DB06A1BDA6A6.jpeg
    0BB4ACA5-02FB-4C8F-BC38-DB06A1BDA6A6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
The Boston Gun and Rifle Association did have a few destroyed Boston Police and Cambridge Police revolvers from over the years to show students why squibs are dangerous. Seeing a blown out cylinder that failed when a squib stopped just inside the forcing cone just enough for the cylinder to rotate to the next round so some poor bastard could fire a .38 special ++P fired into heel of the bullet... that was a "pay attention" moment in class. The shooter suffered powder burns on their hands and luckily didn't get hit by shrapnel.

I always wanted to pretend to be a firearms instructor, until I found out how easy it is to actually become one...

Lost interest really quick, went back to pretending to be an architect.
I'll bet you wouldn't join a club that would have you as a member either.

You are right about the low bar - just compare it to getting certified to teach Scuba, Parchuting, or piloting.

You killed a hi-point?!

We should rename you thug killer!
Notice how the gun didn't blow up and looks like the frame is fairly intact. I bet that persons hand is fine.

I have never seen a Hi-Point that bad, not even after Demolition Ranch tried to destroy them.

As ugly as they are, they are probably one of the safest handguns to shoot.

OP, serious answer - Call Magnun Research, you might get them to send you a blown up barrel.

When I blew mine up, they returned my barrel and spent some time on the phone telling me how they get a lot of blown up guns, mostly because they shoot Hornady lever action ammo and they manual says to not shoot that ammo.

Their customer service is very nice, it is a small company so you won't get some drone that doesn't give a sh*t.

The Boston Gun and Rifle Association did have a few destroyed Boston Police and Cambridge Police revolvers from over the years to show students why squibs are dangerous. Seeing a blown out cylinder that failed when a squib stopped just inside the forcing cone just enough for the cylinder to rotate to the next round so some poor bastard could fire a .38 special ++P fired into heel of the bullet... that was a "pay attention" moment in class. The shooter suffered powder burns on their hands and luckily didn't get hit by shrapnel.
thanks for your response

Back
Top Bottom