Illinois police officer's screams for help; backup officer fatally shoots perp

Wouldn't she have done better to move towards the rear of the car a few feet then shoot him. If she was alone eventually she might have lost the arm wrestling match.

Here's the video. Suicide by cop more or less. The perp could easily have shot the female LEO but chose not to. Or maybe she managed to get the perp's pistol out of battery and hung on to it.

This happened last July; search found nothing. Body cam and dash cam filmed the encounter. Backup officer fatally shoots the bad guy.

Can't load the video, but it can be seen by clicking on the link to the story.

Illinois police officer's screams caught on camera during struggle with fugitive before backup shoots him

IMO she should have had her gun drawn and at her side when walking up to the vehicle so as soon as she sees the suspect bringing his weapon to view, she can almost immediately respond with deadly force.

More important, where the cruiser is parked and her walking up to the vehicle leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, that's a critical mistake even before she approaches the vehicle.

She's lucky to be alive...

Last edited:
IMO she should have had her gun drawn and at her side when walking up to the vehicle so as soon as she sees the suspect bringing his weapon to view, she can respond with deadly force. Additionally, her walking up to the vehicle leaves a lot to be desired.

That approach would lead to a drawn pistol at every Terry Stop. I don't think these LEOs had any reason to think this was anything other than an ordinary encounter.

IMO she should have had her gun drawn and at her side when walking up to the vehicle so as soon as she sees the suspect bringing his weapon to view, she can almost immediately respond with deadly force.

More important, where the cruiser is parked and her walking up to the vehicle leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, that's a critical mistake even before she approaches the vehicle.

She's lucky to be alive...

I agree, especially since it was dark and on what appears to be a dirt road in an isolated area. She's a candidate for some retraining.

NO WOMEN COPS! [angry2]

Bring Back Common Sense...
I agree. It's such a liability on behalf of "equality".

A woman can take all the self defense training in the world, but an average guy with no training at all will still take her down. This puts pressure on the male police to not only defend the female, but defend themselves as well.

Women should not be on patrol. Administration only.

I agree. It's such a liability on behalf of "equality".

A woman can take all the self defense training in the world, but an average guy with no training at all will still take her down.

Female cop I know is 5'10" 175 lb and has a black belt in 2 martial arts. I pity any person who is going to mess with her. Average guy with no training coming up against her is going to get his ass kicked all over.

My friend was a detective in the Bronx for drug busts. 5'8" 160 lbs. I asked him about his size once and he said, on most of his busts, there were 4 guys with guns drawn, and only the people who want to die challenge that. His physical size was not really an issue, especially when he has a gun, taser, baton.

You can be a guy who is 6' 210, but when you run into a pissed off Gronk, you are at a disadvantage.

The size of the fight in the dog matters maybe more than the size of the dog in the fight.

I agree, especially since it was dark and on what appears to be a dirt road in an isolated area. She's a candidate for some retraining.
I'm guessing that politicians have set ROE for police in the state such that they must keep their weapons holstered until a criminal draws down on them. I'm surprised that police in IL (or MA) are even allowed to carry loaded weapons rather than keeping the mags in pouches until they are fired upon.

Wouldn't she have done better to move towards the rear of the car a few feet then shoot him. If she was alone eventually she might have lost the arm wrestling match.
She would've lost,eventually. Women don't belong as cops, sorry. DGAF who that offends. A weak guy is still, generically stronger than a strong woman. It's called years of evolution, genetics and testosterone. Ms. Piggy here is no exception.

Good thing Mr. Piggy was there to save her ass. POS is dead. Next story...

It's a good shoot and the other cop had to do it but it's ironic that she's screaming in fear and begging for him not to hurt her and screaming please don't shoot me....right up until the other cop does to him, what she's begging him not to do to her.

One question the video raises is "what ever happened to physical fitness standards?"
Both of them are HUGE!

I asked a local cop about that once. He said the PD wanted to implement fitness standards and the union bitched to high heaven until it went away. Go Union!!!

Back
Top Bottom