• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illinois man wanted in deadly Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; 4 dead

The judge and/or DA should be called onto the carpet. If he was guilty, which the community service stipulation tells me he probably was (of something)(maybe). They should have charged him, let the charge stick and let the community service work off the time served. Put in a 10 or whatever year probation and THEN let the charges fall off his record.

This is the same type of revolving door problem the cities have and the related violence.

Per this article he was never adjudicated mentally ill or involuntarily committed. Therefore he was not a federal PP.

If Current Laws Had Been Followed, There Would Have Been No Waffle House Shooting

The police revoked his license and ability to own firearms. So he was prohibited from having them. His father contributed to this disaster and should be charged along with the nutbag who did it. Now the Antis will use this to declare if anyone in your house has any mental issues the entire house cannot have firearms within it.

Another waffle house shooting, but this time a would be robber got shot by a citizen who was carrying http://tribunist.com/news/another-s...-armed-citizen-fought-off-two-armed-bad-guys/

What kind of good citizen would IGNORE the "No Guns" signage at Waffle House? He's worse than the robbers. At least the robbers were upfront about their defiance of the house rules, not sneaking and hiding in the shadows like this monster...

(In case anybody is drinking tonight and mistakes the above comment for serious, please note it was satire)

Nearly naked gunman who shot and killed four people at a Nashville Waffle House is found guilty on all charges after jury rejected his insanity defense​

• Travis Reinking, 33, was found guilty on all 16 charges, including four counts each of pre-mediated and first-degree murder, in court on Friday
  • The jury will reconvene on Saturday to hear victim impact statements and to decide if he will spend life in prison without or without parole
  • Reinking entered a Waffle House in nothing but a green jacket around 3.30am in April 2018 and opened fire with an assault-style weapon, killing four
  • He fled the restaurant after James Shaw Jr. wrestled the weapon from him
  • His defense tried to convince the jury he had schizophrenia and suffered from delusions, but the claims were not taken seriously
  • Prosecutors presented evidence that Reinking was calm and cooperative after his arrest, able to understand and respond to commands
  • Shortly before the attack, he believed that someone had drugged him, broken into his apartment and raped him
  • In 2017, in Illinois, where he lived at the time, authorities revoked his state firearms owner identification and he handed his weapons over to his father
  • The law required Reinking to hand the weapons over to someone with a valid ID. Father would later return the weapons to his son

Nearly naked gunman who shot and killed four people at a Nashville Waffle House is found guilty on all charges after jury rejected his insanity defense​

• Travis Reinking, 33, was found guilty on all 16 charges, including four counts each of pre-mediated and first-degree murder, in court on Friday
  • The jury will reconvene on Saturday to hear victim impact statements and to decide if he will spend life in prison without or without parole
  • Reinking entered a Waffle House in nothing but a green jacket around 3.30am in April 2018 and opened fire with an assault-style weapon, killing four
  • He fled the restaurant after James Shaw Jr. wrestled the weapon from him
  • His defense tried to convince the jury he had schizophrenia and suffered from delusions, but the claims were not taken seriously
  • Prosecutors presented evidence that Reinking was calm and cooperative after his arrest, able to understand and respond to commands
  • Shortly before the attack, he believed that someone had drugged him, broken into his apartment and raped him
  • In 2017, in Illinois, where he lived at the time, authorities revoked his state firearms owner identification and he handed his weapons over to his father
  • The law required Reinking to hand the weapons over to someone with a valid ID. Father would later return the weapons to his son
Certainly the guy is insane, but that does not make him any less dangerous. Perhaps they will finally stop the catch and release that put him back on the streets. If his father is the one that resupplied him with guns, that's pretty f'ed up to do that for someone who is known to be a danger to himself and others. Reads as if the parents were in denial so the guy probably didn't have a chance of getting straightened out before going off the deep end and killing people. Also people doing stupid sh!t like giving guns to the dangerously insane just pours gas on the moonbats' anti-2A fire.

Note that the guy who put a stop to it decided that sheltering in place was a recipe to die and he took action as soon as the perp paused to reload.

I've been in dozens of Waffle Houses in several states. Never once have I seen a no guns sign, and that includes states like TN and TX that have binding signage.

I can list the states if you want, Rob. ;)

Seriously, I've never seen a sign in any of them.

How could this happen? Waffle Houses have "no guns" signs posted to keep everyone safe.

I've been in dozens of Waffle Houses in several states. Never once have I seen a no guns sign, and that includes states like TN and TX that have binding signage.

I can list the states if you want, Rob. ;)

Seriously, I've never seen a sign in any of them.
I have seen such a sign in several states, and never seen a Waffle House without one.

There is an interesting mention of what purports to be their policy in this article What is Waffle House's Gun Policy?.

But, I do not doubt your observation. What the TX sign 30.06/30.07 compliant? 1" Font; specific wording; bilingual. (All required for it to be legally binding).

My sentence construction was likely confusing. The TX Waffle Houses had no signs of any kind, at least that I could see. When I'm in TX I always look for signs when I'm going into restaurants. I also use Texas3006.com to check places before I go.

I've seen a lot of none compliant signs, including signs which meet the format requirements, but are improperly placed.

I wonder if some managers at Waffle Houses hide the signs behind other things? I've never seen any indication that anyone there cares.

I have seen such a sign in several states, and never seen a Waffle House without one.

There is an interesting mention of what purports to be their policy in this article What is Waffle House's Gun Policy?.

But, I do not doubt your observation. What the TX sign 30.06/30.07 compliant? 1" Font; specific wording; bilingual. (All required for it to be legally binding).

The Dallas schoolbook depository has a scale model of the compliant 30.06 sign posted on the door. The one place I reliably see compliant signs in TX are hospitals.

Ironic that a Texan has more restrictions on carry than a Ma**h***.

…, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed, except where there is a sign.

Uh, sorry, I don’t recall reading that last part.

Texas has very strong private property rights, unlike MA. A private business can post those signs, but public property (with a few exceptions) can not. I can walk onto the UT Austin campus with a firearm. I can go to the LBJ Presidential Library (if I wanted to) while carrying.

As a native Texan once told me, the two most important things in Texas are property and water. For example, hunting while trespassing is a felony in Texas, but the property owner gets to decide if he'll prefer charges.

The Dallas schoolbook depository has a scale model of the compliant 30.06 sign posted on the door. The one place I reliably see compliant signs in TX are hospitals.

Texas has very strong private property rights, unlike MA. A private business can post those signs, but public property (with a few exceptions) can not. I can walk onto the UT Austin campus with a firearm. I can go to the LBJ Presidential Library (if I wanted to) while carrying.
I thought presidential libraries are federal facilities covered by the usual federal ban. Am I mistaken?

A good friend needed a 40 acreish spread in west beegeezus, TX and had a hard time finding land that included mineral rights (otherwise, a gas or oil company would have the right to erect a rig on his property to get their minerals).

Mineral rights and water rights are a big deal in Texas. A friend of mine bought a small place in a county with no gas or oil. As a result he got the mineral rights. THEN they found natural gas. No drilling on his property, but they are extracting gas from his land, so he gets a monthly check.

Yeah, you have to be sure to ask about mineral and water rights. I'm told that why T. Boone Pickens bought some apparently worthless land to put his windmills on. There's very likely gas, oil, or water underneath and he got the mineral and water rights.

I thought presidential libraries are federal facilities covered by the usual federal ban. Am I mistaken?

A good friend needed a 40 acreish spread in west beegeezus, TX and had a hard time finding land that included mineral rights (otherwise, a gas or oil company would have the right to erect a rig on his property to get their minerals).

Ironic? No. Moronic. Of us who think that any state or commonwealth is "better" than the others because "I get to do this here. . . for now." There is NONE that is safe. Hell, in 50-100 years, Missouri will be some bastion of liberalism. Montanta is already seeing it with the flockers (pronounce that however you want) from CA, et al.

There is no "free" state. Just "more free'er, for the moment."

Man convicted of giving son rifle he used to kill 4 at Waffle House​

An Illinois man faces up to three years in prison after being convicted of illegally giving his son an assault-style rifle he later used to shoot and kill four people in 2018 at a Waffle House in Tennessee.

A judge convicted Jeffrey Reinking last week of illegal delivery of a firearm to a person who had been treated for mental illness within the past five years, the Peoria Journal Star reported. He remains free on bond pending his sentencing, which is set for June 17.

Back
Top Bottom