• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illinois has a bill pending to confiscate guns

http://clashdaily.com/2017/03/break...&utm_medium=facebook.com&utm_campaign=lasmpfb

The upshot of this is that now a family member or a law enforcement officer can confiscate anyone's guns. Assuming this bill passes.

Talk about doubling down on stupid in that state.

For those of you in MA, don't be surprised if a bill like this gets introduced now.

It's a lot like the existing restraining order laws, except now, you'd just need to go the police station and accuse anyone, not just a family member or love interest, and convince the officer to file the petition. Which I'm sure most if not all would do in a heartbeat, if only as a cover your ass action.

Last edited:
What if I'm a family member of law enforcement. Can I take anyone's guns at that point?

I can't see this passing any sort of scrutiny, even in stupid states.

I'd like to see them try....[rolleyes]
a good dose of reality is probably needed to nip these stupid ideas in the bud

[rofl]thats ****ing laughable

Not if you live in CA...

California Will Allow Family Members to Seek Seizure of Guns

LOS ANGELES — California will be the first state in the country to allow private citizens to ask a court to seize guns from family members who they believe pose a threat to themselves or the public, under a measure signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday.

The law will allow law enforcement officials, family members and some others to seek a gun restraining order from a judge. That order would authorize officials to temporarily seize any firearm owned by someone deemed potentially violent, who would also be placed on a list of people prohibited from purchasing weapons.

“This puts California in the leadership on efforts to stop gun violence, and it gives a very effective tool to law enforcement and families to intervene before a shooting tragedy occurs,” said Nancy Skinner, the California assemblywoman who sponsored the bill.

Several states have passed laws allowing law enforcement officials to petition to take firearms from people considered dangerous, but California is the first to allow family members to do so as well — a provision that gun control advocates said would be crucial in preventing suicides as well as mass shootings.

“Family members are the ones who most acutely understand when their loved ones are in a dangerous situation,” said Josh Horwitz, the executive director of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, which lobbies for stricter gun control across the country. “Now, when they see dangerous behavior —

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/...ily-members-to-seek-seizure-of-guns.html?_r=0

Before that, there was Chicago's CAGE unit...

Confiscation Of Registered
Guns Begins In Illinois
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=4691
7-17-1

The Chicago Police Department and the Illinois State Police have teamed up to make good on Mayor Daley's pledge that, if it were up to him, nobody would have a gun. Daley and his elite "CAGE" unit are apparently taking advantage of gun privacy loopholes to pinpoint certain individuals for inclusion in the confiscation program.

The ISRA is following up on leads in one case that has distrubing implications. An elderly first-generation Chicago resident was recently paid a visit by an Illinois State Police trooper. After asking to come inside the man's home, the trooper asked if the man owned a gun - to which he replied yes. The trooper then directed the individual to surrender the firearm. The man complied with the officer's demand and the trooper left with the gun. And the story gets better...

The gun in question was purchased legally by the man in the 1970s shortly after he became a U.S. citizen. When Chicago's infamous gun registration scheme went into effect in the early 1980s, the man registered the firearm as per the requirement. However, over the years, the fellow apparenlty forgot to re-register the firearm, and forgot to renew his Illinois FOID Card.

http://www.rense.com/general11/guncon.htm

I'd like to see them try....[rolleyes]
a good dose of reality is probably needed to nip these stupid ideas in the bud

In these clearly defined times how could you even make such a statement? To the rest of us you would be reported as some documented nutbag with an arsenal. Regardless of your fantasy driven outcome.

Now if we can talk about stopping these bills before they are law and informing fence sitters. Of even preperation methods to deal with what will one day be inevitable then lll jump on board the constructive train...

The real tragedy of this is that politicians in Chicago continue, generation after generation, to pass the buck on the tremendous problems they have with violent crime. It's always someone else's fault...and meanwhile the city is unsafe for people just trying to live their lives.

The U.S. could ban firearm ownership tomorrow and the problem would still be just as bad. It's just sad that these politicians can continue to get elected when they offer zero solutions and pass the blame to anyone and everyone except themselves.

let's make a deal with Illinois. We'll take all their non-felon pro gun types and trade for them with all our Massachusetts anti's. Then all the anti gun people between the two states can live there and we will have enough voting power to rid beacon hill of the swine that oppress our rights.

let's make a deal with Illinois. We'll take all their non-felon pro gun types and trade for them with all our Massachusetts anti's. Then all the anti gun people between the two states can live there and we will have enough voting power to rid beacon hill of the swine that oppress our rights.

Sounds like open season on moonbats for the chicongo gangbangers. No bag limits?

http://clashdaily.com/2017/03/break...&utm_medium=facebook.com&utm_campaign=lasmpfb

The upshot of this is that now a family member or a law enforcement officer can confiscate anyone's guns. Assuming this bill passes.

For those of you in MA, don't be surprised if a bill like this gets introduced now.

It's a lot like the existing restraining order laws, except now, you'd just need to go the police station and accuse anyone, not just a family member or love interest, and convince the officer to file the petition. Which I'm sure most if not all would do in a heartbeat, if only as a cover your ass action.

Great ! Now the family members of all those Chicago gangbangers can confiscate their weapons. Or does this new law just apply to legally owned weapons.

The work around is never store all your eggs in one basket! [smile]

If I remember correctly, GOAL spoke on one of their early podcasts about hearings that Massachusetts was having for a similar family/friend confiscation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom