• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illinois Foster parents gun rights

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
In Illinois foster parents want to adopt a foster child, they already have 3. They have to give up their second amendments or certify that the guns are stored and kept as ILL wants.
Maybe I am missing something but the only thing that is different here than in Illinois is that in Mass you can keep a gun locked in a safe with it loaded, so a quick entry safe would be ok, where ILL sounds like you cannot ever store a gun with ammo in the same safe or area. I also didn't see anything about carrying in your house, here in Mass as long as you are awake and in control of the weapon you can carry (don't fall asleep).
Sounds like they are fighting the requirement to list all their guns (I don't like having to do that even with our stupid FA10 forms) and have them locked separate of the ammo and that they become less than useful for home defense, JUST LIKE MASS

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/14/illinois-gun-restrictions-unfairly-target-foster-parents-lawsuit-claims.html

...the only thing that is different here than in Illinois is that in Mass you can keep a gun locked in a safe with it loaded, so a quick entry safe would be ok, where ILL sounds like you cannot ever store a gun with ammo in the same safe or area.

Actually, no. Having volunteered to be a foster parent here in the great PRM I can tell you that DCF does a home inspection and requires you to lock-up firearms and ammo in separate locations. Hell they even require you to KEEP TRIGGER LOCKS ON EACH FIREARM IN ADDITION TO KEEPING THEM COLLECTIVELY LOCKED UP IN A SAFE!!!

They don't require you (at least separately from the normal MA requirement) to do FA10s or otherwise list them but that didn't prevent me from feeling like I'd just received a prostate exam with a beach umbrella by the time the DCF lady finished her interview with me.

And yet, foster kids being "monitored" by DCF continue to be placed in crack houses and section 8 housing and everyone acts surprised when they die from abuse and neglect.[angry]

Back
Top Bottom