Illegal/ fine for fireworks

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Yes, I have been traveling to NH all week, and the signs are all over 495north & south too.

You know what that makes me do? Just go to NH and buy fireworks. This state is ridiculous.

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
What's with all the new camera's on 495 lately? Within the past month or two a bunch of new solar powered camera's showed up wtf?
They are all over 495, rte 9, and other places too.

They'll say they are for bird watching or something. This state gets worse & worse.

Obie1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got an email from the town PD warning that fireworks are illegal and they will investigate any incident reports. Since my dog is scared to death of the noise, I surprisingly have little problem with this.

Come and take

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Fireworks are symbolic of the real bombs that flew over the heads of our Revolutionary War soldiers as they fought to gain America’s independence.
Fireworks reflect the sacrifices past and present members of the military have made for our beloved country. I will make sure I pass this message on to my sons!

WallHack

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All my luck Mass State Po Po will be waiting for me to cross the border.
Yes, I suppose they'll have to.... come and take..... those fireworks.

Is there a penalty for possessing fireworks in MA? IIRC there was a thread on here recently in which someone said there's no fine or jail time, 5-0 just confiscates 'em, but my memory is bad....

EDIT: maybe I should've read the article. $100? LAAAAAAAAAAAAME

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Yes, I suppose they'll have to.... come and take..... those fireworks.

Is there a penalty for possessing fireworks in MA? IIRC there was a thread on here recently in which someone said there's no fine or jail time, 5-0 just confiscates 'em, but my memory is bad....
Now you get a $100 fine.

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Fireworks are symbolic of the real bombs that flew over the heads of our Revolutionary War soldiers as they fought to gain America’s independence.
Fireworks reflect the sacrifices past and present members of the military have made for our beloved country. I will make sure I pass this message on to my sons!
Massachusetts you would think, would understand that, along with a lot of other things. If they could just pull their heads out of their ****ing asses for 2 seconds, they might get it.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will watch private fireworks on my lake, and enjoy every minute. Massachusetts F.O. we will enjoy the 4th with a lot of fireworks.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Now you get a $100 fine.
In practice this never happens unless you're that guy in Brockton that shot off like $3000 worth of stuff in his front yard and the entire FD showed up. Most ignore this stuff, hell I hear at least 3 diff houses shooting them off in Fitchburg, right now... pointless law that just encourages people to be more irresponsible.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
found the law

"Whoever shall have in his possession or under his control, or whoever shall use or explode or cause to explode any fireworks in violation of this section shall be punished by a fine of not less than ten dollars nor more than one hundred dollars. Any officer qualified to serve criminal process shall seize all of the fireworks mentioned herein without a warrant, and the fireworks seized shall, upon conviction of such violation, be forfeited to the commonwealth."

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter148/Section39

looks like jail only comes into play if you're trying to sell them.

Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I'm from Attleboro and LOVE fireworks. For the past 13 years I have been doing them professionally with a local company. I agree fireworks should be legal anywhere. RI and CT sell crap safe and sane. I'm in FL right now on vacation and I've passed tents and stores that sell everything. Everything fun is going to shit in a hand basket.....so people get them illegally.....they should smarten up and just legalize all consumer grade for the public to purchase. People wouldn't have to purchase illegally and it sure would bring revenue and jobs to the city and state. Just ask RI about the revenue created in firework sales.....

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
In practice this never happens unless you're that guy in Brockton that shot off like $3000 worth of stuff in his front yard and the entire FD showed up. Most ignore this stuff, hell I hear at least 3 diff houses shooting them off in Fitchburg, right now... pointless law that just encourages people to be more irresponsible.

-Mike
I personally see no issue, as long as someone isn't aiming them at my house, acting like ass clowns.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sounds like a great opportunity for black market sales.
Remember when MA banned tattoo parlors? What about stores being open on Sunday? Oh, and selling beer on Sunday. If it only saves one life it is worth it.
Now, let's not ban terrorists on student visas who don't go to school and get EBT cards and actually hurt and kill people. That wouldn't save any lives. Rant over.

xero2099

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Warning drivers about illegal fireworks | WWLP.com

Never seen these signs until this year. Driving down 93 and plastered everywhere!! Still making a trip to NH. All my luck Mass State Po Po will be waiting for me to cross the border.
Come on Mass wake up. All the surrounding states around Mass sell fireworks.
I have picked up stuff with no issues the trick is you cant immediately come back to MA with them if you spend sometime over the border they usually don't bother you

Top Bottom