• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

Geesh, ya'll are up in arms over something that is a nothingburger
  • All Personally Identifiable Information(PII) has been removed. There are no names of people or their addresses!
  • The data does include FFL business names, but that information is publicly available from the ATF or google maps.
  • The data was released as part of a FOIA request. The FOIA process is very rigorous when it comes to ensuring no PII is released
I am yet to see GOAL present an example of which data attributes in the dataset is actually "personally identifiable information). All they did is file a complain with references to MGL sections.
Yet I could get information on everyone I have done a personal transfer with.

Before you get any further, here's an article by a pro-2A website that references a FOIA request approved in July of 2022 for this data:

This data has been around since July 2022! If anything, it shows that anti-gunners are liers!
Well that makes sense. As it seems like they posted these files in October 2022 based on my wayback machine archive search

It would be interesting to see how "they" would pay though...from a Comm of MA Paypal account? A check from the state would be even better.
Like as if a government agent couldnt pay for something out of pocket and got reimbursed for it?

For example I bet if you traced those uhaul trucks the feds rent for their glow ops during the "insurection" they all go back to just some guy. It's not going to say "the fbi rented 4 uhauls for the j6 parade." Etc

COMM2A has received redacted dumps of LTC data. While I cannot speak to the motivation, I can observe that none of the dumps we received included the userid field.

Hmm.

So... two problems. One, at any point they could go ahead and post those redacted files on the site instead of the current [non] anonymized file. And two, if they're giving Comm2A different files than what's actually posted on the website, and referred to in the C&D... I mean, I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me they should be dumping what was actually asked for, rather than a redacted version.

Curiouser and curiouser.

So first you accused everyone here of overreacting to this, now you're pissed because someone (multiple people actually) actually used the data in a boring way to demonstrate the danger? Which is it? 🤣
Over reacting to being broken into and murdered in your sleep yes… actually posting where a person is from and how much stuff they have is f***ed up. Make sense now?

No, he did it here

Not sure what that has to do with anything. He had access to exactly the same data everyone in this thread has, and everyone in the public has that can reach that website has. "doing it here" is irrelevant and changes nothing. If someone like him could see "that guys big profile" in the data then it likely has a huge footprint in the file.

Hmm.

So... two problems. One, at any point they could go ahead and post those redacted files on the site instead of the current [non] anonymized file. And two, if they're giving Comm2A different files than what's actually posted on the website, and referred to in the C&D... I mean, I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me they should be dumping what was actually asked for, rather than a redacted version.

Curiouser and curiouser.
I would absolutely LOVE to hear why the datasets are different....

"As she did during her campaign, Campbell did not shy away from her life story, including her father being sent to prison for eight years and her twin brother Andre Campbell dying in police custody. A second brother is in custody facing rape charges."

All considered excellent qualifications by the DimocRAT party... the party of crime. 🤔

Assuming you knew the date of the transfer, the model of the gun, and nobody else transferred a gun of the same type on that date. Assuming that, you could get info about the other party's transfers and dealer acquisitions but no personal info - unless the transfer info gave you enough clues "Like transferred a Medusa and Detonics 451 on the same day".

Not just that, even if you can't personally ID someone it's way too easy to find a NES member's transfer history. I've been testing this by looking at old WTS ads in the classifieds and I can find that user's history and info in the data in under 60 seconds if they've posted a couple data points. Members and people in their family if they've hinted at it.

Assuming you knew the date of the transfer, the model of the gun, and nobody else transferred a gun of the same type on that date. Assuming that, you could get info about the other party's transfers and dealer acquisitions but no personal info - unless the transfer info gave you enough clues "Like transferred a Medusa and Detonics 451 on the same day".

If you've done a personal transfer with someone you already have all that info, including the other party's address and DOB. You can instantly find your transfer in the database, see the other party's UID, and then look up his entire transfer history. If I bought a gun from you five years ago you could build a catalog of my gun collection in a minute or two using these spreadsheets.

The example you posted is how you can catalog someone you haven't personally dealt with, and even then that's way too easy.

Last edited:
Dude it's not even that hard. Seriously, every single personal transaction is recorded. Every cuck MA gun owner should have record of each. Going to the FRB db and figuring it out is literally childs play.

I can load it in to Oracle and put a reports front end on it and we can get silly with it. You make it sound hard, it's not, its stupid easy to figure out who has what, what customers have for buying trends, which cops are abusing their off the list gun perk. Shit if the ATF was serious they would have a field day with what the cops are doing in this data.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. He had access to exactly the same data everyone in this thread has, and everyone in the public has that can reach that website has. "doing it here" is irrelevant and changes nothing. If someone like him could see "that guys big profile" in the data then it likely has a huge footprint in the file.
So if this has been out for a while (since October) and nobody’s been heinously murdered for their gun collection then worrying about this being a easy hit list for criminals is ridiculous. The fact that somebody on here would do what he did, trolling or not, is ridiculous. I think ppl on here have a better chance at being swatted by somebody on here than criminals picking ppl off of a list.😂

I can load it in to Oracle and put a reports front end on it and we can get silly with it. You make it sound hard, it's not, its stupid easy to figure out who has what, what customers have for buying trends, which cops are abusing their off the list gun perk. Shit if the ATF was serious they would have a field day with what the cops are doing in this data.

This is the kind of thing I don't think most people are picking up on yet. I'm already able to see the firearm transaction history of members posting in this thread just by going control+f in Excel. Someone with database skills could make this very dangerous very quickly.

Shit if the ATF was serious they would have a field day with what the cops are doing in this data.

tenor.gif

If you've done a personal transfer with someone you already have all that info, including the other party's address and DOB. You can instantly find your transfer in the database, see the other party's UID, and then look up his entire transfer history. If I bought a gun from you five years ago you could build a catalog of my gun collection in a minute or two using these spreadsheets.

The example you posted is how you can ID someone you haven't personally dealt with, and even then that's way too easy.
Yah… already did it in about 10 minutes of excelkungfu….

Also found the other transfers done by secondary and tertiary IDs to those primary with me.

What’s the cliche????

“It ain’t rocket science “🤬

Dude it's not even that hard. Seriously, every single personal transaction is recorded. Every cuck MA gun owner should have record of each. Going to the FRB db and figuring it out is literally childs play.

This x 100 to the 10th power

This is the kind of thing I don't think most people are picking up on yet. I'm already able to see the firearm transaction history of members posting in this thread just by going control+f in Excel. Someone with database skills could make this very dangerous very quickly.
Data analysis(they call it "Data Science" nowadays) has been a college major for decades now. All it takes is a college grad to extract all sorts of interesting info.

What I see in this dataset is that it shows that gun ownership has ZERO correlation with gun violence. zilch, nada, zip. I bet anti-gunners would have loved to take the dataset back so they could continue lying...

I don't need someone to explain this to me - especially publicly.

But I just tried to find a friend of a friend whom I know their birthdate and the town they live in. There are multiple males in this particular city with the same birthdate so I'm not sure how else I can find out more info on him (don't care to, this is more rhetorical). You really need to know guns they bought/registered or have sold to find people on these spreadsheets.

Yes I realize plenty of people on NES (myself included lol) post photos of their guns so that makes it easier. But for those not posting gun photos, it's not super easy to find out who people (especially off NES) are.

Not blow a gasket but you don’t think that’s a little f***ed up?

This being a criminals playbook…I still don’t think it’s any thing to worry about. I NEVER said it WASNT concerning or illegal or f***ed up. Typical you. The only ppl in this f***in state that have reviewed that database is gun owners on here and now ppl’s shit is being posted here! That is f***ed up beyond belief!
I'm still amazed how you're missing the f***ing point. IT IS f***ED UP.
You spend the first half of this thread saying its no big deal and now youre seeing why its f***ed and yet you still call everyone pants shitters.

ARE YOU GETTING IT YET?

I’m not personally worried about this other than it’s completely f***ed.

If I ever get around to it, I just wanna compile a list of what the state says I have so I can laugh at the inaccuracies if they exist.

Mine would be very very easy to figure out it’s just at first I could only view it from my iPhone and then I download it and this goddamn adobe Acrobat reader won’t work.. And now it won’t let me view it from the website I’m sure there’s a button to fix it, but I’ve just been busy

I don't need someone to explain this to me - especially publicly.

But I just tried to find a friend of a friend whom I know their birthdate and the town they live in. There are multiple males in this particular city with the same birthdate so I'm not sure how else I can find out more info on him (don't care to, this is more rhetorical). You really need to know guns they bought/registered or have sold to find people on these spreadsheets.

Yes I realize plenty of people on NES (myself included lol) post photos of their guns so that makes it easier. But for those not posting gun photos, it's not super easy to find out who people (especially off NES) are.
I am by no means saying I'm okay with this breach/release. But trying to (for example) find your neighbors gun collection is tough unless you know guns they've bought/registered/sold. Not just by looking at these spreadsheets with no other information

Back
Top Bottom