• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

Please, try to find the name and address of one random gun owner, let's say in Hanson.
It won't be random. You will need to know the person's DoB and residence. But then you can start taking WAGs and with the list of guns it helps. Believe me, I am betting someone here unearths some cop's purchases before long. Their licenses are out of the town they work in all too often. The DoB will be easy to find. But the point is, you will be able to connect a person with an LTC a whole lot easier with this dataset than without it...

Still can't believe supposedly "freedom loving" people live in MA. Literally one of the easiest states to leave in the entire country and still not be very far from "family".
Understandable, everyone's situation is different though. Third parties (wives) tend to make hard stands even knowing it's only an hour north maximum.

So instead, seasonal dually it is for now.

I'm not seeing records of a few guns I've sold. What could possibly go wrong? What a POS "database".
swat officer barbrady GIF by South Park

There is no birthday data in the file.
The license expiration is often your month and day plus an unrelated year (the year your LTC expires). Not always, apparently, in their data.

Even without that, with enough other data to cross reference...

Some department store got spotlighted years ago for sending targeted advertising to a minor girl. It was for baby products. Her parents were intensely interested to know why their baby was receiving direct mail ads for diapers and such. Turns out she was pregnant and was identified as a potential buyer because she had googled a few topics on parenting.

Somebody else, as a proof of concept, purchased a randomized list of Google searches where the individual was replaced with a consistent but anonymous identifier. The researcher found the identity of one woman based on her Google searches, the sequence of which I don't recall (this was probably ten years ago) but the things she searched for narrowed her down.

Throw enough data into the right kind of database and they can deduce almost anything with a decent success rate.

Attached is the letter Chambers filed for us this week.
Now that we have folks attention on this issue, we need anyone who has been outed, or if you are able to ID others (please don't post that publicly), by this dataset to contact us immediately. Particularly useful is anyone who was ID'd and not just people found out your gun buying habits.

Attachments

• FRB CHapter 258E Demand Letter Sent RRR & US Mail.pdf
    171.1 KB · Views: 119
Throw enough data into the right kind of database and they can deduce almost anything with a decent success rate.
That's right. I'm gonna dox you all. Forget guns and ammo, send me all your eggs and TP and I'll exclude you from the list.

JK, but it's not going to be that hard with the 3 sets of data.

Damage is done any person whom had bought a gun privately just once via eFA10 can now navigate to the opposite party and breach their privacy of transaction record.

Ex) Someone buys one firearm ever in their life privately and find their ID. They see the ID of person they bought it from and have access to their entire list of that persons other transactions. They can easily see what has been retained or disposed on record and use it for nefarious reasons. The seller of any private transaction is now damaged and compromised because of the states actions here. They have tended to disclose the names and addresses of other transactions of firearms (sales and possession) beyond that of the initial sale.

IANAL + IMHO.

Last edited:
some of you more technologically astute people should try to determine if Maura or Hosebaker have any firearms.
I'm sure they excluded the elites from the db dump query.

I'm more interested in where the list of guns sold on the street is at? Anyone got those transactions handy?

Last edited:
Still can't believe supposedly "freedom loving" people live in MA. Literally one of the easiest states to leave in the entire country and still not be very far from "family".
Problem is when I move it isn't going to be anywhere near the New England. The only thing keeping me here now is my 73yr old mother, once she's gone and all's settled I'm gone for good(I'll reluctantly come back for a day or two for folks IGAS about, a very short list, if I must).

Some of youz people are being real pant shitting Karen's. I am not ashamed of the guns I bought. Only of those I sold and should have kept.

Nah.

I've already posted that same basic sentiment, but ANYTIME the government flagrantly ignores our privacy it needs to be shut down fast and hard, with damages. It's THE GOVERNMENT. It's not okay when they violate peoples' rights.

I'm not that worried about getting robbed either. But I don't want this to be treated like it's even remotely okay. So making a big deal out of this is not necessarily Karen-ism.

Back
Top Bottom