• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

Once sold a gun on eFA10 to a guy and he said he would never buy a gun from an FFL dealer cause the feds register all those forms. Claimed there's 'no registration' on a state level, just 'registration of transfers'. lol.

He was feeling you out, to find out if you'd skip the paperwork

If anyone wanted to update the database and the way they gather information, all they have to do is point to this thread and show someone how gun owners validated the data is not good.

Lol, "they" know it was bad and full of holes/problems, that's not and never was a secret. It was always an open thing that entire system was feel good anti gun bullshit from the outset. Remember we're talking about the government agency here that went through all this trouble to collect digital fingerprints just so that people could use them on a Mircs terminal only they have the fingerprint reader and software go out of date within a few years if it actually being deployed..... and then instead of actually just fixing that deficiency they basically just said f*** it and told people "use PiN" 🤣 it was never exactly a brains operation there.

Further nobody is telling "them" anything thats not open about licensing etc. Outside of the state causing obvious problems with the data release......

The only way that system would ever change is if they changed the laws and actually funded the changes. Even then there's still going to be gaps.

This thread is the equivalent of the Mill ffl talking to the Globe…
If you actually want to see dick self punching just go on Facebook and look at the mass gun groups there... I guarantee right now those groups probably make this thread look pretty tame.... I'm surprised they don't just show ads for Depends when you click into those threads on there, with all the pant shitting and mindless robotic healeyban obedience going on there.

If you actually want to see dick self punching just go on Facebook and look at the mass gun groups there... I guarantee right now those groups probably make this thread look pretty tame.... I'm surprised they don't just show ads for Depends when you click into those threads on there, with all the pant shitting and mindless robotic healeyban obedience going on there.

Life is too short to spend any time whatsoever on Facebook (I waste too much on here as it is).

Life is too short to spend any time whatsoever on Facebook (I waste too much on here as it is).

The only reason I maintain an FB acct at all is I have friends and family on there that post kid pictures and shit like that, otherwise its useless, I unfollowed all the town pages and the gun pages with the pant shitters in them. it is a waste of time.

Lol, "they" know it was bad and full of holes/problems, that's not and never was a secret. It was always an open thing that entire system was feel good anti gun bullshit from the outset. Remember we're talking about the government agency here that went through all this trouble to collect digital fingerprints just so that people could use them on a Mircs terminal only they have the fingerprint reader and software go out of date within a few years if it actually being deployed..... and then instead of actually just fixing that deficiency they basically just said f*** it and told people "use PiN" 🤣 it was never exactly a brains operation there.

Further nobody is telling "them" anything thats not open about licensing etc. Outside of the state causing obvious problems with the data release......

The only way that system would ever change is if they changed the laws and actually funded the changes. Even then there's still going to be gaps.
Maybe they knew, but it is one thing to tell the bosswoman the data is not good and it is another when all the gun owners are saying "my data is innacurate", "it is missing 12 transactions, LOL ...".

Also, don't assume they knew.

Clearly, many of those post here.

What’s really embarrassing is that they even publicly dumped this info because it just proves how stupid they are and how and accurate it is…

Just browsing this information makes me think you can use it for “Reasonable doubt” that the government can do anything right

I'm laying in bed half asleep watching WCVB and they have a piece on GOAL suing the Communistwealth over information made public. I'm more listening than watching but I paused it when I saw this. It must be some canned footage they have on file. The angle of this video leads me to believe it was taken by someone laying on the floor, Peter Dinklage or someone filming covertly. I'll send this image to one of the guys that works there. It's Patriot Arms, no question about it.

Attachments

• 20230127_053819.jpg
    20230127_053819.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 85
I'm laying in bed half asleep watching WCVB and they have a piece on GOAL suing the Communistwealth over information made public. I'm more listening than watching but I paused it when I saw this. It must be some canned footage they have on file. The angle of this video leads me to believe it was taken by someone laying on the floor, Peter Dinklage or someone filming covertly. I'll send this image to one of the guys that works there. It's Patriot Arms, no question about it.

Peter Dinklage....good one.

Last night my Wife had Boston news on (didn't pay attention to which channel) where they described and actually showed the PII in the FRB data release on the screen as part of the story. So our PII is a lot more "in the public" now than it was prior to this news release. :mad:

Wtf. Yup definitely Patriot

Last night my Wife had Boston news on (didn't pay attention to which channel) where they described and actually showed the PII in the FRB data release on the screen as part of the story. So our PII is a lot more "in the public" now than it was prior to this news release. :mad:
And so it begins. This can be quite a play toy for the anti's and anti-2A media, as it was in New York. Not to mention that the PII will now be under the watch of shitbirds looking to make an easier score than a gun store.

Since NES has a hard on for shooting intruders, this can't be bad, right?

(I am kididng).

This might work out in our favor. I trust Comm2A, they are strategic about what they spend time on. If they sre taking on this, I trust they believe the outcome can be good, maybe eliminating FA10 or something greater.

NES solution - MOVE. The data will not have your current address. :)

Actual PII? Names and stuff?

Actual PII? Names and stuff?
Birthdate (expiration date of LTC/FID/MG license), town you live in, brand (I think model) and S/N of guns, town that issued LTC/FID, assigned userid (so once you find that, you can search by that for all guns bought during that period of time, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put all that together to ID the individual.

Direct violation of MGL C. 66 S. 10B but because gov't did it, there will be no penalty or reprecussions. Even taking it all down, the damage is done, bots have crawled the site and archived it, etc.

Birthdate (expiration date of LTC/FID/MG license), town you live in, brand (I think model) and S/N of guns, town that issued LTC/FID, assigned userid (so once you find that, you can search by that for all guns bought during that period of time, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put all that together to ID the individual.

Direct violation of MGL C. 66 S. 10B but because gov't did it, there will be no penalty or reprecussions. Even taking it all down, the damage is done, bots have crawled the site and archived it, etc.

To be fair, I don't think it's a direct violation of that. That only applies to names and addresses, and those can't be figured out without at least one other piece of data.

True except that "one other piece of data" is public data...

What's that, and how does it get tied back to an individual record on those spreadsheets? I mean, it can certainly be done, but I think any of us would be hard pressed to look at a random row on there and tie it back to a specific individual.

I know I sound like a broken record but you need to know the gun (and probably the serial number depending how common the gun model is) that someone owns/purchased in order to figure out who it is. As I mentioned before, I tried to look up a friend of a friend (as I know their birthday and town they live in) but I do not know guns that they own. There are multiple people in that town with the same birthday so it's hard to pinpoint who is who.

Not saying this data release is warranted by any means. I hope the state loses in court over this but I'm not holding my breath

Back
Top Bottom