Illegal aliens are demanding they too receive $1,200 in federal checks from the government

Maddawg1952

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Since 2010 I have had up and down years in Const. I had actually planned on retiring in Dec. 2019 So I cashed in my vaca. days that I can roll over and took all my time I had accrued and cashed it out. Had a Nice size taxable bonus in 2019 and some other items . I don't need the Money from Uncle Sugar. and won't get any anyway. For the 1st time in 10 years I actually had a great year. Doesn't mean I didn't have terrible years also 2018 was one of them, had some health issues and paid a shitton of medical payments. NOW my employer has asked me to come back and help out for 2020 I started back in Early March. I don't want a Gov't hand out and I don't think those that came here without the right avenues being taken deserve it either. Seems they can't find someone to replace me>>> Guess I'll see how indispensable I actually am when the Bonus for 2020 gets cashed out.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Well, let's think about this. The government came up with a budget for distributing funds to many folks. I suspect many of those are in favor of opening borders and giving illegals free stuff.

Well let's open this to illegals but with the caveat. But we'll have to reduce the amount of money given to everyone else. So if the number of folks receiving this money increases by 20% we go ahead and reduce the amount each receives by 20%. So each person kicks in some of their bailout to cover the illegals.

Maybe that would make everyone realize the true costs of illegal aliens.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again; not going there. The only thing I would point out is there people taken here at an early age that are now paying taxes into the system but have no path to citizenship
There is a very straightforward remedy for people in this situation ^^^^^^^^^^^

The bailout is just an absolute bs move that will.make no difference. By setting a low income threshold it is clearly designed as a wealth redistribution scheme. I wont get a check, and not that concerned about it. But to pretend this will do anything for the economy is ridiculous. Sending checks to illegal immigrants is another bs move that wont help. Trump was pressured into this because of the overwhelming situation. But I think he would have made more points if he stood his ground on a six month income tax holiday. Equal for everyone including illegals who are paying in.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There is a very straightforward remedy for people in this situation ^^^^^^^^^^^

The bailout is just an absolute bs move that will.make no difference. By setting a low income threshold it is clearly designed as a wealth redistribution scheme. I wont get a check, and not that concerned about it. But to pretend this will do anything for the economy is ridiculous. Sending checks to illegal immigrants is another bs move that wont help. Trump was pressured into this because of the overwhelming situation. But I think he would have made more points if he stood his ground on a six month income tax holiday. Equal for everyone including illegals who are paying in.
The cutoff for single people with no children is $99,000 in income.

That's less than the average national household income ($89,930.70 in 2019), so I wouldn't really consider that a "low income threshold."

A married couple with no kids could make a combined $197,900 and still draw a (small) check. I don't think many people are going to call a couple making $200k "low income."

I'm sure the dude making $30,000 who's been laid off would be eager to swap $1,200 for a "six month income tax holiday." [laugh]

Explaining a $1,200 check to your average Joe is a lot easier than explaining an income tax holiday and would do a lot more to boost Trump's popularity I think, irrespective of the fiscal considerations.

Last edited:

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bet that ‘fix’ will be put into Bill#4 (already being worked on) and congress won’t even have to vote on it now - just POTUS to sign it. You know the Dems will blame him for all this as no other votes with peoples names are attached in the House.

NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Their check will be waiting for them at the US Embassy in their home nation.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Illegals may want to GTFO of the USA now. If our economic situation really hits dire straits, there's going to be a huge pool of people willing to work the jobs that would have normally been filled by illegals.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Perfect. Tell them they will get a check but they need to pick it up at said location at certain time. Upon arrival snatch them up, load them up into cargo planes and fly them the F**K back to where they came from. Win Win

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Perfect. Tell them they will get a check but they need to pick it up at said location at certain time. Upon arrival snatch them up, load them up into cargo planes and fly them the F**K back to where they came from. Win Win
And the check will be used to pay for the plane fare. Jack.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
And the check will be used to pay for the plane fare. Jack.
Sure, and to be clear I meant lie to these parasites and let them think they are getting a check but Instead ship em out.

a73elkyss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Peoples Republic of Central Massachusetts
If they have an ITIN then they're paying taxes. Probably stimulating the economy more than retirees.
Hmm... I'm retired. I pay taxes. I paid taxes all my life. Never took or looked for the government of any kind to "give" me anything. I "played the game" legally for almost 50 years. My retirement income is not an "entitlement", it's partly the money I put in, and yes, I do know the whole ROI thing, but again, I "played the game" legally and honestly.

I know we can go back and forth about legal / illegal status, but choose not to for your "stimulating the economy" statement. I don't hoard my income in my mattress. I spend it stimulating the economy. I purchase food, gas, pay property taxes, car repairs, go to restaurants, purchase clothes, purchase tools, etc. I AM THE ECONOMY. Everything I do, I pay taxes on just like everyone else.

Because another person uses a ITIN to pay into the system, they have many years of paying into the system to catch up to me. And yes, I do agree that a person using ITIN does also pay into "stimulating" the economy. I'll bet my friggon property taxes alone are more than they pay into the local town school system that they have kids in, and my kids are older and not in the school system anymore.

Jay

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they have an ITIN then they're paying taxes. Probably stimulating the economy more than retirees.
What , do you think people were born retired ?
45 - 50 years of working and paying in not enough huh?
You'd be fortunate to have contributed half as much as some of the people I know by the time it's your turn.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, MUTT!! I am retired and between the wife and I we paid in over 14K in federal income taxes and we got a little over 4K back this past year. I don't take shitty insults like your's well!

Last edited:

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's gonna be bankrupt well before I "get a turn." Been paying into it for 20 years now, lol. It's OK, I don't need entitlements.
Hmm , getting back what you paid in is an "Entitlement" ?
You won't mind if some future Dem president decides that's the case with your 401k then right?
I mean just because you paid in all those years doesn't mean your "Entitled" to it right?
Your a generous guy with what you earned, I like you.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It boggles my mind that SOME people have been so indoctrinated that it’s really ok if illegals are in our country, wink, wink, and since they paid SOME taxes, (I’ll call it rent for being here illegally), they can make a claim for our tax dollars to bail their asses out. It’s mind boggling what the school system has done to our children over these past 50 years. We are soo f***ed.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hmm , getting back what you paid in is an "Entitlement" ?
You won't mind if some future Dem president decides that's the case with your 401k then right?
I mean just because you paid in all those years doesn't mean your "Entitled" to it right?
Your a generous guy with what you earned, I like you.
*you're
do you need any more straw for your straw man?

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It will be interesting to see what happens when bodies are left on sidewalks for pick up and incineration. Illegals should be gone, period. If soros wants them to get money so badly, that scumbag can open his wallet. Anybody seen antifa lately? Sheltering in mommy's basement I bet.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
*you're
do you need any more straw for your straw man?
The Dems have been spitballing for years as to how they might get their sticky paws on 401Ks.
By the time you are ready to retire they might have found it.
You just earned it , you were never "entitled" to it anyway.
No harm, no foul right ?
Please just answer the question without the Straw man B.S.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Correct, as the article states they are trying to get stimulus checks to those who paid taxes on an ITIN. So they may be legal or illegal, as an ITIN doesn't have any bearing on their immigration status.

It other terms it means they're trying to get stimulus checks to tax payers without an SSN. I'll leave the ethical/philosophical part for others to debate as to whether someone deserves money if they paid taxes but aren't a legal immigrant aside. The bottom line is the people they are trying to get a check for did pay taxes.
I find this interesring. You can get an ITIN without a SSN so you can pay taxes. But that means you are not legal and the system will know it. But the system doesnt seem to care.

Unless other people also use ITIN like people on Visas?

Top Bottom