Illegal aliens are demanding they too receive $1,200 in federal checks from the government

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Illegal aliens are demanding they too receive $1,200 in federal checks from the government as part of a Chinese coronavirus crisis relief package.

Open borders organizations like the George Soros-funded United We Dream, the National Immigrant Justice Center, and the National Immigration Law Center — all of which represent the roughly 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States — are pleading with the federal government to cut federal checks to illegal aliens who have Individual Tax Identification Number (ITINs).

Currently, Trump’s coronavirus relief package includes $1,200 federal checks for American citizens with Social Security Numbers (SSN) or those considered “resident aliens,” like permanent lawful residents in the U.S. on green cards.

Illegal aliens, therefore, are excluded from receiving the federal checks, a provision that has outraged the open borders lobby.

“Everyone, regardless of immigration status, must have access to testing, medical care & financial relief. Congress must ensure that all Americans can focus on keeping their families & communities safe & healthy,” officials with the National Immigrant Justice Center posted online.

Illegal alien advocates are asking the public to urge lawmakers to provide federal checks to illegal aliens in the midst of the coronavirus crisis.

“All people, regardless of immigration status, must be included in the stimulus,” a petition reads. “Cash payments must go to all taxpayers, including immigrants who pay using an ITIN … coronavirus testing and care must be free and accessible to all: Amend Emergency Medicaid to cover Covid-19 costs, so patients get care regardless of immigration status.”

The petition also asks lawmakers to overturn President Trump’s “Public Charge” rule that ensures American taxpayers are not paying to permanently resettle legal immigrants who have been found to rely on public welfare and federal aid.

Today, there are anywhere from 7.8 to 8.1 million illegal aliens working illegally in the U.S. economy — primarily holding jobs that would have otherwise gone to working-class Americans.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If they have an ITIN then they're paying taxes. Probably stimulating the economy more than retirees.

mkm

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never saw this coming. /sarcasm with a double eye roll

Play by the rules! Generally, if you don’t have either a 2018 or 2019 tax return filed you did not pay taxes and as thus don’t deserve a stimulus refund check. Exceptions have been noted for those in America legally.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Are they paying into Social Security and Medicare?
They are paying into Social Security for sure; I would assume Medicare as well, but I am not certain.
"In 2015, 4.35 million people paid over 13.7 billion in net taxes using an ITIN."

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Never saw this coming. /sarcasm with a double eye roll

Play by the rules! Generally, if you don’t have either a 2018 or 2019 tax return filed you did not pay taxes and as thus don’t deserve a stimulus refund check. Exceptions have been noted for those in America legally.
Correct, as the article states they are trying to get stimulus checks to those who paid taxes on an ITIN. So they may be legal or illegal, as an ITIN doesn't have any bearing on their immigration status.

It other terms it means they're trying to get stimulus checks to tax payers without an SSN. I'll leave the ethical/philosophical part for others to debate as to whether someone deserves money if they paid taxes but aren't a legal immigrant aside. The bottom line is the people they are trying to get a check for did pay taxes.

Last edited:

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Correct, as the article states they are trying to get stimulus checks to those who paid taxes on an ITIN. So they may be legal or illegal, as an ITIN doesn't have any bearing on their immigration status.

It other terms it means they're trying to get stimulus checks to tax payers without an SSN. I'll leave the ethical/philosophical part for others to debate as to whether someone deserves money if they paid taxes but aren't a legal immigrant aside. The bottom line is the people they are trying to get a check for did pay taxes.

so a rapist sending flowers should be a mitigating circumstance at sentencing time?

"aren't a legal immigrant" .... there is a word for it, "criminal". Let's use that.

In terms of ITIN, there are many US citizens who are not getting the check despite paying lots of taxes. If illigals want the check, they need to get in line, obtain citizenship, get 40k into debt (which is the cost to US citizens for this stimulus nonsense) and then they can bitch away.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
"aren't a legal immigrant" .... there is a word for it, "criminal". Let's use that.

In terms of ITIN, there are many US citizens who are not getting the check despite paying lots of taxes. If illigals want the check, they need to get in line, obtain citizenship
Again; not going there. The only thing I would point out is there people taken here at an early age that are now paying taxes into the system but have no path to citizenship and I do not think it is reasonable to call them a "criminal" when they had no say in the matter. I do not think it's realistic to expect them to return a place they have little to no connection to either, after having established themselves a life. Certainly not the most common case, but one that does exist.

I won't debate the merits of whether or not such persons should receive a stimulus check; I was merely seeking to add some context to the clickbait headline. A one-time $1,200 check, by any objective measure, is laughably inadequate for its stated purpose. This is not to say such a stimulus, in concept, is good/bad/other. The program, as currently constructed, seems like a huge waste.

Why we need endless threads created centered around Info Wars/Breitbart and other sites and particularly their (seemingly) every article related to COVID19 is beyond me. If I wanted to read that content, I'd go to those sites. It seems like nothing more than an attempt to make people irascible. In the end, I'll probably just put the offending member on ignore so I do not waste any further time on the matter. It certainly would clear up my "What's New" feed as it seems there's multiple threads created hourly at time. It is a defect in my character to try to confront hyperbole and skewed information. It's like those dumb chain letters of the past; I just need to point out BS.

Last edited:

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
They are paying into Social Security for sure; I would assume Medicare as well, but I am not certain.
"In 2015, 4.35 million people paid over 13.7 billion in net taxes using an ITIN."
So let's see if I have this straight, in 2015, only 20% of the 22 million illegal aliens living and working in the US paid an average of $3100 in federal taxes, while the rest paid nothing, but they all feel "entitled" to receive a check for $1200 ???

If my math is correct, $1200 x 22 million = $26.4 billion.
So the illegals feel entitled to take twice as much out of the system, as they collectively paid into it as a group, for a single tax year.
Explain to me again how this is fair to anybody that pays into the system ???

Perfect way to bail out the airlines who are being hit hard by the lack of traveling due to Corona..... Pay them $1200 for each illegal they bring home.
Brilliant!^ [thumbsup]

I'm surprised it's not a meme yet.

Edit: It is Now! ^ [laugh]

Last edited:

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illegal aliens are demanding they too receive $1,200 in federal checks from the government as part of a Chinese coronavirus crisis relief package.

Open borders organizations like the George Soros-funded United We Dream, the National Immigrant Justice Center, and the National Immigration Law Center — all of which represent the roughly 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States — are pleading with the federal government to cut federal checks to illegal aliens who have Individual Tax Identification Number (ITINs).

Currently, Trump’s coronavirus relief package includes $1,200 federal checks for American citizens with Social Security Numbers (SSN) or those considered “resident aliens,” like permanent lawful residents in the U.S. on green cards.

Illegal aliens, therefore, are excluded from receiving the federal checks, a provision that has outraged the open borders lobby.

“Everyone, regardless of immigration status, must have access to testing, medical care & financial relief. Congress must ensure that all Americans can focus on keeping their families & communities safe & healthy,” officials with the National Immigrant Justice Center posted online.

Illegal alien advocates are asking the public to urge lawmakers to provide federal checks to illegal aliens in the midst of the coronavirus crisis.

“All people, regardless of immigration status, must be included in the stimulus,” a petition reads. “Cash payments must go to all taxpayers, including immigrants who pay using an ITIN … coronavirus testing and care must be free and accessible to all: Amend Emergency Medicaid to cover Covid-19 costs, so patients get care regardless of immigration status.”

The petition also asks lawmakers to overturn President Trump’s “Public Charge” rule that ensures American taxpayers are not paying to permanently resettle legal immigrants who have been found to rely on public welfare and federal aid.

Today, there are anywhere from 7.8 to 8.1 million illegal aliens working illegally in the U.S. economy — primarily holding jobs that would have otherwise gone to working-class Americans.

1585484402435.png

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So let's see if I have this straight, in 2015, only 20% of the 22 million illegal aliens living and working in the US paid an average of $3100 in federal taxes, while the rest paid nothing, but they all feel "entitled" to receive a check for $1200 ???
Some may or may not feel entitled. The point of my post was that "all" was NOT what the article was taking about. It was about a specific subset of taxpayers that some organizations were advocating for. The organizations in the article are NOT saying "give all illegals a check." There might be other people or groups outside the scope of the article doing that, but this is not contained within the article itself.

This was precisely why I posted it--because some people will see the deceptive headline and read it no further.

You can agree or disagree that those that paid taxes on an ITIN get a check; I don't really care. The stimulus program as currently constructed is a stupid idea in my opinion.

However, you basically proved my original point. Many people will see "illegals demand a check" and assume every unemployed illegal that doesn't work is lining up beating down the doors for a payout, which is not at all what the article says if you actually read it. Again, outside of the article that may or may not happen. But that's not what this specific article said. I've never advocated for or against ITIN-tax payers or illegal immigrants in general receiving a check.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
we gotta make life easier on these criminals...just send it directly to relatives in the homeland. the u.s. leads the way again by tickling the foreign economy into orgasm. that's why the world loves us, right?

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trump just caved bigly on this. He is now saying each and every illegal immigrant has had the $1200 check mailed to their home country addresses. His exact words were “don’t worry, the check is in the mail”! He recommends they all go home to cash it.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If they have an ITIN then they're paying taxes. Probably stimulating the economy more than retirees.
Illegals are a net drain on resources nearly 100% of the time. 63% of immigrant households suck from the uncle sugar teat. 63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs

The commonwealth of MA admitted to spending over a billion with a B on healthcare for illegals. That's what they admitted to.

Add in the local cost drain of educating their anchor baby spawn with ESL, aides, and all the assocated additional bullshit costs of non-native speakers and you never, ever come close to even. Ever.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I demand they all go fvck themselves......and leave.
This, times 1,000.

My wife and I work our asses off, save and invest, pay cash for two in college; and for this NONE of us will get sh!t back from the government for the Chinese gift that keeps on giving. I have mixed opinions on the stimulus $ but despite that I am OK with other Americans getting it especially those who find themselves in bad circumstances. No way in fvcking hell should illegals get cash. Imagine the increased flood of freeloaders storming the gates over that?

Top Bottom