IL AWB - Show Each and Every Item

I’m just jealous that good things don’t really happen in the northeast. If Illinois complies, that judge is going to question what’s the difference between the legal and illegal items.

That is amazing. Brad I don't know how you deal with IL or even more so Lake County.
Easy .. I'm playing the long game. Circumstances in 2014/2015 dictated I make the move from MA to IL (frying pan to fire) because family, job, other reasons. Post retirement might include a move to Wisconsin. Or if my daughter insists on staying near Boston, perhaps southern NH.
Also ... long before the ban was put into place, I started stocking up on items I knew I wanted which also would be subject to a Bloomberg-style ban. That's why I lost a couple of ARs in a Lake Michigan boating tragedy long before I lost the 1911 ...

Last edited:
They're going to be coming for your 1911's?
I'm not ruling out that possibility.
(edit 2/17/2023, 7.30am central)
The magazine section of the current AWB limits pistol mags to a max of 15 rounds, rifle mags to a max of 10. So naturally, I may have lost a few 20- and 30-round AR mags, etc.

Last edited:
It gets better ...

The IL Atty General asked for more time to comply with the court order to produce the aforementioned examples. The judge denied the request.

The judge, the Hon. Stephen McGlynn, is a Trump appointee ...

I imagine the judge channeling Bill O Reilly...

Judge: "To ban assault weapons, what does that mean? What do you mean by assault weapons? what does that mean? Show me the
guns. I want to see some pictures even. Do you have examples of the guns you are trying to ban? So we can get a better idea. This makes no sense without
context. There's no words on it! Go go go!"

AG: Can we delay?

Judge: No! f*** it! We'll do it LIVE! WELL DO IT LIVE!

[rofl]

It gets better ...

The IL Atty General asked for more time to comply with the court order to produce the aforementioned examples. The judge denied the request.

The judge, the Hon. Stephen McGlynn, is a Trump appointee ...
One only problem is that biden installed a 100 federal judges already- more than trump did. It is all a farce, that so called‘justice’.

In effect for all except of few ppl directly mentioned in the case. I think.
Why does this blatantly unconstitutional shit not have to pass muster before it goes into effect?

If they passed a law that stated black people were 3/5 of a white man again (or whatever it was) and that they were considered property, would it be legal to engage in slavery until years passed as it made its way through legal challenges?

Why do I doubt that there would be a years long legal battle over something like that?

@In God ... the bill HB5471, aka the Protect Illinois Communities Act (very Orwellian) was signed into law on or about Jan 10th.

@paul73 .. enforcement of the law was suspended in a few places relative to county-level court cases. To the best of my recollection, a few thousand people are exempt from its provisions. Most gun shops are suffering because they've been forced to take about 60% of their sellable inventory off their shelves.

Why does this blatantly unconstitutional shit not have to pass muster before it goes into effect?

If they passed a law that stated black people were 3/5 of a white man again (or whatever it was) and that they were considered property, would it be legal to engage in slavery until years passed as it made its way through legal challenges?

Why do I doubt that there would be a years long legal battle over something like that?
They did pass no end of racist laws all the way up to the 60's when the Civil rights acts and federal case law made it pretty much impossible to continue.

The 2nd has a dearth of federal protective law and essentially zero case law. The situation is so bad most of us can name all of the major cases.

Scumbag politicians need to be caged in by strong caselaw in order to curb their insatiable appetite for stealing people's rights.

Back
Top Bottom