If you're looking for an LE job in MA, just move away.

ochmude

Marine Veteran
While I was a Massachusetts resident I never received any offers from any departments. Since I moved to Arizona not quite two years ago I've received letters from Chicopee PD, Springfield PD, Bourne PD, and just today from the MTBA Police. I took the exam once, six years ago. Apparently the MA Civil Service Unit is run entirely by women and will give you zero attention until you stop showing any interest in them, at which point they will stalk you relentlessly. The funniest part is that these letters aren't being forwarded by the USPS to me from my old MA address. They're being sent directly to me (in Arizona) from HRD. So if anyone is trying to get on a department in MA, just move away and the offers will start flowing in.

It seems that civil service is having a hard time finding people. I know a few people who just got hired with scores in the mid 80's. I hear rumors that a lot of people are turning these jobs down when they get called.

While I was a Massachusetts resident I never received any offers from any departments. Since I moved to Arizona not quite two years ago I've received letters from Chicopee PD, Springfield PD, Bourne PD, and just today from the MTBA Police. I took the exam once, six years ago. Apparently the MA Civil Service Unit is run entirely by women and will give you zero attention until you stop showing any interest in them, at which point they will stalk you relentlessly. The funniest part is that these letters aren't being forwarded by the USPS to me from my old MA address. They're being sent directly to me (in Arizona) from HRD. So if anyone is trying to get on a department in MA, just move away and the offers will start flowing in.

Sounds like college admissions.

Although I can see the benefit of getting some "outside" professionals. All these town jobs, not just LE, that employ only locals make for some f'd up inbred town culture.

Where I grew up my brother Luke and I had to drive like hell to the city limits to avoid the corrupt sheriff. Our Uncle Jesse would bail us out if we got jammed up though. Oddly enough our friend Cooter went from running a gas station to congressmen so, there's hope for small town america yet.

I figure HRD's reasoning is that if they're smart enough to and/or capable of leaving, they would definitely be smart enough for the job.

(I mean no disrespect to the many fine LEOs out there, and much to the Civil Service system)

All grammatical, spelling, and informational errors are solely the fault of Tapatalk and Autocorrect. Pay no attention to the fat fingers mashing on the keyboard behind the curtain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom