If you're dead, become a tree!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
At first I thought this was freak show central. After giving it some thought though, it's probably a better idea then being buried in a grave that nobody cares about after a few years. Well, until some asswipe cuts you down for firewood......

It gives a whole new meaning to "Tree Hugger!" Though I want to be buried with my CCW. Let someone next century figure out how a gun was in the middle of a tree.

Last edited by a moderator:

BattleSnail

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen similar things where you get cremated and tree seeds grow out of your ashes or something.

I just want to be buried the old fashioned way and left the hell alone.

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Might as well do something productive with the body. My wife saw a Tibetan monk burial a few years back. They essentially put the body out for the vultures to consume. Tried to get me to promise that for her. Had to set her straight on 2 things. First, men usually die first, and secondly, I don't think that would be an acceptable form of burial in the States.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Toss me off the Bourne Bridge, let tide and time take care of the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

jron

NES Member
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
people burying loved ones in their backyards what could go wrong?

imagine when a tree is uprooted in a storm and all the roots come up and a skeleton comes up

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a weird if the tree planted on top of you is a fruit tree? Because that is what i would choose if i was buried like this....

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I want to be buried under three enormous pyramids, protected by multiple layers of curses and booby traps.

How do you get that kind of deal?

mg42doc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't want to have a grave nobody visits..I heard about these guys on a radio interview.

http://www.newenglandburialsatsea.com/

ash scattering, ash scattering by plane, full body burials, I don't know which one to pick.

The full body burials, your shroud is weighted down by cannonballs. ARRRR! Next to a Viking burial, this one isnt too bad

Canndo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
[video=youtube_share;M9bbxNV7QY8]http://youtu.be/M9bbxNV7QY8[/video]
If I could come back as an Ent from Lord of the Rings, I'm in!
[video=youtube_share;Iw0jwrWqOKI]http://youtu.be/Iw0jwrWqOKI[/video]

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If I see it coming, I'm heading deep in the woods to find me a hollow log.
I don't want a box in a concrete vault.
Otherwise, stack up some pallets and have a big 'ole bonfire!
(BYOB)

Last edited:

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I first read this thread title......I had a fantastic flashback![rofl]

Back in the 70's, some friends and I decided to find some Jimson Weed, and try and smoke it!

(BTW, you young kids that read this, don't try this at home! It was not a good idea!)

Anyway, we took the Jimson Weed flowers, and microwaved them so we could smoke it.

The first hit I took, was like a hammer slapping me upside the head![rofl]

I past out, and I had the most inspirational dream of my life.

My dream was a vision.....

I was looked around in a green pasture on a sunny day. There were cows in the field, the sun was shining...it was a beautiful view.

I could see the telephone poles in the distance, and a road with cars driving by.

And then I tried to figure out why I was there.....and I found out I was a Tree!

I couldn't move....I couldn't talk to anybody.....I was just a damned tree!

As I tree, I started enjoying the beautiful, peaceful view.

But then another consciousness kicked in...and I started freaking out...[rofl][rofl]

"Oh Shit.....I have a Chemistry Exam on Monday!"

"Oh Shit, I have to pay the Electric Bill!

"Oh Shit, I cant even go to work!"

"Oh Shit, I am suppose to pick up my girlfriend tonight!" [rofl][rofl]

I can't do this if I am a Tree!

And then the reality kicked in................

If you are a tree......you don't need to worry anymore about an exam, or a job, or bills....or a horrible girlfriend......

So, if I come back after this life........being a Tree would be great[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That sounds like quite a trip. I watched a documentary on scopolamine, a chemical found in jimson weed. Apparently people use scopolamine powder in Colombia to temporarily turn people into passive zombies that will follow instructions without objection. Some people have had their bank accounts and houses emptied of valuables because of it.

lowbuckbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
When I first read this thread title......I had a fantastic flashback![rofl]

Back in the 70's, some friends and I decided to find some Jimson Weed, and try and smoke it!

(BTW, you young kids that read this, don't try this at home! It was not a good idea!)

Anyway, we took the Jimson Weed flowers, and microwaved them so we could smoke it.

The first hit I took, was like a hammer slapping me upside the head![rofl]

I past out, and I had the most inspirational dream of my life.

My dream was a vision.....

I was looked around in a green pasture on a sunny day. There were cows in the field, the sun was shining...it was a beautiful view.

I could see the telephone poles in the distance, and a road with cars driving by.

And then I tried to figure out why I was there.....and I found out I was a Tree!

I couldn't move....I couldn't talk to anybody.....I was just a damned tree!

As I tree, I started enjoying the beautiful, peaceful view.

But then another consciousness kicked in...and I started freaking out...[rofl][rofl]

"Oh Shit.....I have a Chemistry Exam on Monday!"

"Oh Shit, I have to pay the Electric Bill!

"Oh Shit, I cant even go to work!"

"Oh Shit, I am suppose to pick up my girlfriend tonight!" [rofl][rofl]

I can't do this if I am a Tree!

And then the reality kicked in................

If you are a tree......you don't need to worry anymore about an exam, or a job, or bills....or a horrible girlfriend......

So, if I come back after this life........being a Tree would be great[rofl][rofl][rofl]
Holy crap! I'll have what he's having...

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if all I have to look forward to is being buried in a tree.....I am going to leave

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't much care what happens to me when I go. Launched into space wouldn't be a bad idea, so I could finally get far enough away from all the bleating commies that'll eventually take over this country & turn all the cemeteries into Favela housing. Or figure out a way to convert me to usable charcoal so I could enjoy one last BBQ.

Regardless. When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Top Bottom