• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you're against gun control, you might be racist

well according to the WP anyway.

"Research finds that support for gun rights is strongest among whites who are racially prejudiced."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/06/21/heres-the-surprising-reason-some-white-americans-oppose-gun-regulation/

Actually, the opposite is true. Gun Control in the old Jim Crowe south was put in place to prevent slaves from revolting against their owners.

Today, it serves the same purpose.

If voter id laws are racist, gun control is uber racist, is it not? To have to undergo a background check and in MA, to have to be fingerprinted and have to interview at the PD?

What if they applied the same hoops to voting as they do to gun ownership?

Last edited:
Im surprised that they havent claimed that gun manufacturers are mainly racist since they paint most of their guns black.

Actually, the opposite is true. Gun Control in the old Jim Crowe south was put in place to prevent slaves from revolting against their owners.

Today, gun control serves the same purpose.

too much sense, little emotion in your argument. Try it again with using more of "children"

probably not enough to discount white guilt ... unless you are 1/8th Indian and drive a prius.
What if I identify as an Indian? Or does that just qualify me for office?

What about those two Irish firefighters in Bosyon who got fired for saying they were black. Can they get their jobs back since they were just identifying as black.

Funny because before 1994 gun control was all about taking guns away from brown people. Seriously the rhetoric at that time had more dog whistles than Petco: "thugs" "gangbangers" "urban criminals" etc., etc.

What if I identify as an Indian? Or does that just qualify me for office?

Did your grandma ever tell you about your Indian roots? ... boom, you are Indian, grow vagina and run for office. Liz will be moving to VP soon.

What about those two Irish firefighters in Bosyon who got fired for saying they were black. Can they get their jobs back since they were just identifying as black.

They are kept down by raysis white old men ... no really
12092011_09firechiefpic_photo2-8120045-5414.jpg

They should sue BPD for the lack of bathrooms for Attack Helicopters!

What is they applied the same hoops to voting as they do to gun ownership?

Aside from the licensing, that really wouldn't be a bad idea. If you're prohibited from (legally) owning a gun, you should also be prohibited from voting and from collecting welfare.

well according to the WP anyway.

"Research finds that support for gun rights is strongest among whites who are racially prejudiced."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/06/21/heres-the-surprising-reason-some-white-americans-oppose-gun-regulation/

Interesting; agree with them or not on other issues, the NRA welcomes all races as members.

What if they applied the same hoops to voting as they do to gun ownership?

I have been saying that for a long time.

Background checks before we hand you a gun? Background checks before you get to vote.
No guns if on the no-fly list? No vote either.

Just substitute "vote" for "gun" when evaluating "common sense" laws. Let's see some heads explode.

Funny because before 1994 gun control was all about taking guns away from brown people. Seriously the rhetoric at that time had more dog whistles than Petco: "thugs" "gangbangers" "urban criminals" etc., etc.

Don't forget "Saturday Night Specials" taking inexpensive firearms away from poor people. This slogan was a favorite of Senator Kennedy at the same time he screwed up immigration!

Don't forget "Saturday Night Specials" taking inexpensive firearms away from poor people. This slogan was a favorite of Senator Kennedy at the same time he screwed up immigration!

There have been claims that the term "Saturday Night Special" is itself racist. Supposedly it has its origins in the phrase "N----rtown Saturday Night", allegedly an old piece of police jargon meaning a confused, chaotic, violent situation--one that possibly involved a shooting with a cheap handgun. The claims for the racist origin of the term go back to a single article published in 1976, and the author of the article made the claim without offering any supporting proof or citations, unfortunately. So no one has ever been able to prove this one one way or the other.

they might be onto something.

I like gun rights.
I AM prejudiced against broccoli
against putting my scholng in a vice and tightening it
against sending money to the IRS every year
against it raining when i am out hiking

I am just FULL of predjudices i guess!

Back
Top Bottom