• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If your LTC class A was valid everyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its too bad you cant ccw in into all other LTC states unless you have there LTC, or only be able to in one of the fuw states that will recognize a MA state LTC.

Its kinda crazy that your drivers licens works in any state, even though each state has difrent rules, like driving without insurance is ok in NH, and you can drive from NH into MA no problem, but as MA resident you cant drive a car without it.

In NH inspections of cars are diffrent then in MA, but i makes no diffrence ware you drive it. Its legal in all states.

So why cant we all get some sort of unified licensing for class A LTC so no more misunderstandings will happen,

Most states will demand a license to carry a gun, but a least can it be valid everyware you can have a LTC, This is the united states right? Why am i only alowed to protect my self in my state, and not be able in others till i register there?

Its for money i know, but alot of people are getting in troble for somthing thats not a real problem, if you already have a legal LTC class A, and are a law abiding citizen, whats the problem?

IMO if you have a LTC class A it should not be a problem to go to another state that alows LTC.

Last edited:
You do know that there is a bill in the Senate right now to allow for this, right? A similar bill has already passed in the house.

Look into getting your Utah non-resident permit if this would help you as a practical matter.

Are you saying that you want every state to have the same standards, or that your Mass LTC should be good in New Jersey?

Since Vermont requires no license, should someone from Brattleboro get to carry in Boston, just because he's a VT resident?

Just trying to see what the core of your position is.

AFAIK, all states require a driver's license, but not all require a license for CCW. Are you saying that they should have ot have one, just becasue Mass residnets have to?

You do know that there is a bill in the Senate right now to allow for this, right? A similar bill has already passed in the house.

I did not know this. But i can only hope it dosent get f-up by all the political crap that usualy gose with it, i just want somthing simple

Look into getting your Utah non-resident permit if this would help you as a practical matter.

Utah non-resident is nice but its no good for the states around me in MA, so i have ben told. And still its only good for 30 states.

Last edited:
Just trying to see what the core of your position is.
AFAIK, all states require a driver's license, but not all require a license for CCW. Are you saying that they should have ot have one, just becasue Mass residnets have to?

What im looking for is in states that have a LTC you should be able to get a licence good for all states with LTC, and in those states that dont require a LTC, they should have some program to alow you to get a licence to carry in all other LTC states,

I know this is over simplifying but thats the gist of what id like to see, basicly.

Last edited:
I wish I didn't need a LICENSE at all, and could just exercise my right with no laws telling me otherwise. [thinking]

I know but i hope mabe in the future you can get somthing like a class A MS LTC (MS=mulit state) and it would be good in all LTC states

What he is getting at is about how our 2nd Amendment rights are limited in each state as opposed to a drivers licenses that is a privilege not a constitutional right. Like the people in NY recently that will have federal crimes on them now and will screw them in their home states, yet someone from NH could get into an accident and if they are at fault don't have to abide by a states insurance laws. That really does tick me off thinking about this more, how a "National Right" is impeded by a state ran corrupt govt. I could deal with the states regulations to limit mag capacities, and styles of fire arms, but if i had a conceal permit for my home state we should be able to take them through any state we damn will please. Soon it's going to be where we will have to show papers at a states boarder and have to have special toll passes to track our movements. You know they will do this and say it's to cut cost from having toll takers, but it will be to see where everyone comes and go's and how much they do it.

Charles.

I doubt it will pass the senate at this point, despite Harry Reid getting a AAAAA+++ rating from the NRA.....

...Its kinda crazy that your drivers license works in any state, even though each state has difrent rules, like driving without insurance is ok in NH, and you can drive frome NH into MA no problem, but as MA resident you cant drive a car without it.

You do know that if you are a NH resident w/o car insurance, that you are breaking Mass. law by driving that car into Mass. Just sayin'.

You do know that if you are a NH resident w/o car insurance, that you are breaking Mass. law by driving that car into Mass. Just sayin'.

I dont see the police barricading 93 at NH every morning to cheking for people who dont though.

But what i meant is that you can still use your NH licence to drive in MA, even though the laws of the road can be diffrent state to state to some degree, but still your drivers licence is valid.

Last edited:

I've never heard of any story as to a NH resident getting charged for not having insurance after an accident here. They can maybe sued by the person(s) they get into an accident with but they won't get any jail time unless it was for a major offense.

Charles.

If the bill currently in the Senate doesnt pass don't expect anything else to change. You will have your free states and your commie anti 2a states.

ilikewhere2.jpg

If wee [sic] all wood [sic] jus [sic] carry anyway, even witowt [sis] a licens [sic] then enuff [sic] of us wood get rested [sic] an ovawelm [sic] the sistem [sic]. They wood jus giv up an let is carry witout licenses cause ther wood no more room in the jales. [more sics not marked]

Ok, how about you post if your pro this or not with a explanation why, there could be some very valid points that others may have on why this could be bad or good.

Ok, how about you post if your pro this or not with a explanation why, there could be some very valid points that others may have on why this could be bad or good.

I'm pro because its time the whole B.S. with our 2a rights stopping at our state borders stops. My right to defend myself should follow me where ever I go

I think this coud happen if all the LTC states can decide on a what the minimum requierments would be to satisfy every LTC state for a multi state LTC class A,

Also if the insentive for each state to make more money is on the table i could get the higher ups to look at this a bit.

if each state made $5 on each multi state LTC, it would be a exspencive licence, but that $250 is not much more then what i will pay just to get a MA LTC and A NH LTC with both being $100,

$5 dosent sound like alot but if this multi state LTC is resonalbly priced alot of people acrose the states would apply for this and it can add up.

I would think each town would slap on another $100, so it most likly would be at the least $350, not grate but not too bad if thats how its figured,

Each state can still have the same individual Class A LTC rules, and you should still have the ability if you want to just individualy register in any other state,

since im positive some people who have a LTC in one state may not necissarily comply with another state, this multi state LTC would not affect thouse who cannot get one from having a regular LTC and stil applying individualy to states that they can get a LTC.

Last edited:
The only thing stopping MA LTC from being recognized by NH is... MA.

All it would take for your Massachusetts permit to be recognized in NH or many other states would be for MA to accept their resident carry permits. Many state CHL laws include automatic reciprocity, for example, see New Hampshire code 159:6-d.

So if you want to save the $100 cost of a New Hampshire Pistol Permit, please ask your legislator to work towards making NH permits valid for carry in MA [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom