• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If your doctor asks about guns

One problem, and this is more widespread than the doctors office, is that some of you can't wait to tell others you have gunz! To some it's an ego thing and to others, it's to let people know how "cool",or important you are, or even dangerous. It gives you a "charge"! This is by no means the majority of us, and I think it has a lot to do with age, but your best course of action is to always be discreet, no matter where you are, or who you are with. I only share my enthusiasm with very close friends, family (if appropriate), and fellow shooters. It's usually best to just STFU!

I know this will piss some of you off, but I call it it like I see it!

There is a time and a place, as with all things.

I feel as though it does good for the community as a whole if, when asked, you can speak intelligently and inform/educate someone who is curious and/or uninformed.

That doesn't, obviously, mean whipping out your CCW and saying, "YEAH! Got one right here!!"
Concealed is always concealed.

As for a doctor asking, I think it comes down to the situation and how well you know your doctor.

I'm gonna ask my doc for a lead test. Maybe I'll tell her I do a lot of renovation work in old houses -- and I like to chew paint chips.

Back
Top Bottom