If you shop at and like Market Basket, please read

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't make sense that a person can get unemployment when they voluntarily walked off the job.

This is one of the many reasons why America is failing.

So now we have no choice but to support the workers through our tax dollars.

Hypocrite [thinking]
???
They clock into work everyday.

According the Unemployment offices, the company shouldn't have hired somebody who can't do their duties up to par. That's what interviews and background screenings are for.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When your food costs go up because there is very little competition,you will understand.

That's why I give a damn at least..lol

Although I'm sure some guys here get off on the soap opera aspect of it all.
MB isn't the only game in town, still plenty of competition. This is a result of internal family conflict that goes back years....it's not like the government went in and forced this or that on them.

sbi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
MB isn't the only game in town, still plenty of competition. This is a result of internal family conflict that goes back years....it's not like the government went in and forced this or that on them.
They are not the only game in town, but they are about 20-30% cheaper than their competitors and frankly there are several products that they carry which are not sold by one specific competitors, forcing us to jump from one supermarket to another. It is a big loss for regular customers like us.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I just care because the Shaws is a zoo now. All five of our local MB are vacant so every customer who would shop at these 5 stores are now flooding to shaws

Edit: And goddamn $3.99/lb red spiders! !!

Last edited:

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
It's time for them to just fold and sell.

They are being stubborn, and will never give control back to Artie T. Then, they would have to admit defeat. And I don't see that happening.

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
???
They clock into work everyday.

According the Unemployment offices, the company shouldn't have hired somebody who can't do their duties up to par. That's what interviews and background screenings are for.
You mean those people who are outside the store with the signs are on the clock ?

I've been to MB twice. Both times I felt like I was at Sav-a-lot in Dorchester. I'm all set. To each their own.
Can't argue with that,and I don't blame you.Sometimes it's worse than WalMart..It sickitates me,but I still go to both places.

CBL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even before this feud, I personally just hated shopping there. It was always insanely overcrowded all the damn time. When they renovated our MB with a cafeteria of sorts it got even more crowded than before. For me, the marginal savings was not worth dealing with the chaos.

Hannaford/shaws/local farmers market > market basket

Bt74

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Amazement often comes from lack of knowledge. But demographically speaking some MB locations are best avoided so I understand your statement.
Maybe he is demographically challenged. Salem NH has TWO Demoulas stores, and a Shaws, Aldi, and Mckinnons. Shaws has traditionally been price at 40% higher on everything but the loss leaders, Never been in Aldi(treehugger store) and USED to love McKinnons, even though it was pricey. (The last 85% Angus burger I bought there produce at least a cup of water in the fry pan, and their pork roasts are tied with something akin to jockstrap material). When MB had beer for $10.99, shaws had it for $15.49.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously I side with the workers,but that's BS..They should be fired.

Who else besides a .guv employee clocks in and leaves work and gets paid ?

Even unions when on strike are not getting paid,I think some unions have a strike fund but most don't.
They CAN be fired... But according to the state, the employer is "at fault" for hiring employees who won't/can't perform their duties. Therefore, they must pay unemployment.

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
They CAN be fired... But according to the state, the employer is "at fault" for hiring employees who won't/can't perform their duties. Therefore, they must pay unemployment.
That would make sense(not really,playing devils advocate here) if most of the workers haven't been doing their job for more than a year.So they have obviously demonstrated they can in fact,do their job.

My head hurts.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
MB needs to get their crap figured out, they are ruining my Hannaford. It's become white trash central, mouth breathers everywhere.
i'm thinking we share the same hannaford if i'm not mistaken. the peterborough shaws isn't much better. higher prices for shittier stuff.

the other stores are laughing all the way to the bank right now, man.

NHAtHeart

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i'm thinking we share the same hannaford if i'm not mistaken. the peterborough shaws isn't much better. higher prices for shittier stuff.

the other stores are laughing all the way to the bank right now, man.
Yup, it was a miserable rats nest this morning. Went over to MB just to check it out, nothing with an expiration date in the store. No Produce, meat, bread, bakery items etc. But the rest of the shelves were fairly well stocked.

I'm tempted to do all my non-perishable shopping at MB now, it was nice and quiet.

Top Bottom