• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you shop at and like Market Basket, please read

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Of you part time can you get unemployment ?

I know at my work some times when where slow we have shit down weeks, if you don't have pto where able to file for unemployment to cover for those weeks(this a odd rule like of its just one week we can't . But if the second week we can get unemployment . But the two weeks don't have to be In a row .
I never bothered doing it cause it just seemed like a big pain .

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drove past 2 stores on the way to work. I think the employees are getting worn out. They don't look as enthusiastic and there were a lot fewer of them.

Or maybe they just all went to the beach. It's a nice day.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I drove past 2 stores on the way to work. I think the employees are getting worn out. They don't look as enthusiastic and there were a lot fewer of them.

Or maybe they just all went to the beach. It's a nice day.
Im sure that is what management is counting on. I am sure it has not impacted and of the Demoulas or the board of directors lifestyles at all

Burgermeister

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
She's trying to be cute to avoid paying out unemployment. Given the MB history of never having layoffs and apparently NOT being a revolving door of new employees, their unemployment contribution rate is probably pretty low, for a retailer. That will change in a hurry. Plus, I read something about trying to avoid "layoffs" because then even part-timers can withdraw from their profit-sharing plan and the cash drain would hurt. The Artie S. shareholders created this s**tstorm, but Frick and Frack have a lot of headaches coming.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i thought the reason most of the pols are silent on this is that the various Demoulas are big campaign contributors. Nothing like a few bux at campaign time to help you look the other way when the Mass workers are suffering.

how do you spell hypocryte?

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.1%
34   1   0
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I don't see him coming back in any capacity other than CEO. Even if he believes his purchase bid will be accepted I just don't see it happening.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
honestly, i am sick of this shit.
customers have been DFL in this whole thing. so guess what? even if things are back to normal at MB monday morning, i am done there. screw the whole thing.

at least until s$s or shaws or whoever, ticks me off. I used to go to Crosbys for quick trips, but once I bought some proscuitto that turned out to be green when i got home. That was 4 years ago, havent been back since. personal boycott, for my mental health. LOL.

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.1%
34   1   0
Looks like Arthur T. has replied. From the Globe:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/08/08/market-basket-arthur-time-move/Akwycs0CywNw0FbadOictI/story.html?p1=Topopage:Test_B:Main_headline

Five weeks ago these Board members voted to fire Arthur T. Demoulas and banned him from company property. Since that time, the company has spiraled downward and Arthur T. has worked feverishly to purchase the company. On three separate occasions since that time, including as recently as yesterday, Arthur T. has offered in writing and otherwise to try to bring back his entire management team to work to stabilize the company. Each offer was rejected.

It is disingenuous to issue a press release at 5:30 on a Friday, from the “Independent Directors” all of whom were appointed by Arthur S. Demoulas’ side of the family, announcing that they have invited him to rejoin the company but not as CEO. This is an attempt to have him stabilize the company, while they consider selling it to another bidder. This is far too serious a situation for these games and attempts at window dressing. It is a serious issue that deserves a serious solution. Market Basket’s Associates, customers, vendors and communities deserve better than that. Arthur T. Demoulas has provided a serious proposal which should be accepted.

Last edited:

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
WBZ added the statement to the end of their article.

Good for Artie T to come out and say that he's made three offers now, and all rejected.

S and the crew can screw. I haven't bought a damn thing in there since the boycott started, and I won't go back unless T gets the store.

Top Bottom