If you pray send some my way.

mikelawtown

NES Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Looking for a light weight foldable no more than 18 inch wide seat wheelchair. I have an old one with no foot rests and is too heavy. If anyone has purchased any and can recommend one that be great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rt.3, 1/2 way between Boston and the Cape
Looking for a light weight foldable no more than 18 inch wide seat wheelchair. I have an old one with no foot rests and is too heavy. If anyone has purchased any and can recommend one that be great.
Are you looking for a proper wheelchair where the person seated can get themselves around on their own or more of a transporter style? If the latter I may be able to get my hands on one my sister had but no longer uses, just not sure if it was donated or not at the moment.

bigpick

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry Mike to see what happened, stay strong. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hope the holidays are joyful for you all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my brother was in rehab there was a bulletin board in the hospital that had flyers for people selling everything from used chairs, to vans, to accessible houses. If you're near Spaulding or another rehab hospital they may have something similar. My brother uses a Better Made Wheelchair Company chair. Really nicely made, ultra light weight, custom Ti chair. Odd company and he found them a little difficult to deal with at first, but he loves the chair. Back folds down and wheels come off. Fits in a trunk or back seat no problem. My sister-in-law uses a Quickie. Also custom sized and very light. Much larger company and more mainstream. Both of these may be on the pricey side if you're not looking for a permanent, every day chair, which hopefully you are not.
Praying for you both.

Terrys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mike, try any local senior center; they loan out all sorts of equipment that’s donated to them.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
broke out the tibetan prayer wheel, the shelby cobra of prayer delivery systems. multitudes of prayers for shannon are heaven bound, as well as prayers for the family.

The Anchor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Praying for Shannon and Your family, she sounds like a strong woman, and i suspect this will be just a bump in the road. I'm 16 months out from my stroke, and you would be hard to tell, and if there is one thing i wish someone told me back then, she will get better, it's frustratingly slow and incremental, but it will get better!

mikelawtown

NES Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Discharged from a rehab today
She was extended as she wasn’t ready on the 17th.
Me and the little one put up the tree and decorations so wifey will be happy to see it once we are home.
Doing better but can’t walk on her own yet, a lot came back and it’s only been little less than a month which is a good sign
Merry Christmas to NES

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
great news about getting home for christmas. just being there and able to see the decorations is a major victory. my christmas wish is i hope peace and calm find it's way to your family again soon. god bless you all!

Top Bottom